Christmas Bookathon discussion

Weekly Updates for the Readathon

Comments Showing 1-50 of 158 (158 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Amy (new)

Amy | 78 comments Mod
I thought it would be a good idea for us to tell each other how we're doing with the books we have selected for this readathon. I was planning on doing this just on my blog, but I just thought it would be a nice idea for us to tell each other how well we are doing for the challenges. I was thinking maybe doing all the updates either every Friday/Saturday or maybe when we feel like telling each other. So what do you think?

message 2: by Shallon (new)

Shallon J | 25 comments Sure. :D I like the idea.

message 3: by Amelia (new)

Amelia (meelz_xo) Sounds great! :D

message 4: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 43 comments Mod
Great idea!!

Sofia Kathryn Coon | 9 comments Agreed!!

message 6: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie (Bonsbookishblog) | 93 comments Mod
Great idea Amy! It would be easier on a Friday/Saturday as well with all the time differences :)

message 7: by Amy (new)

Amy | 78 comments Mod
thanks guys :) only got a few days to go.
Are you guys ready to start one of the books for this readathon?

message 8: by Gina (new)

Gina  | 7 comments Amy wrote: "I thought it would be a good idea for us to tell each other how we're doing with the books we have selected for this readathon. I was planning on doing this just on my blog, but I just thought it w..."

That sounds nice! And I think I'm going to write some updates on my blog as well.

message 9: by Bonnie (new)

If you live in Australia! Tomorrows the day yay!!!! There's 99 members as well which is so crazy!!

message 10: by Amy (new)

Amy | 78 comments Mod
It's official guys!!! It has finally started!

message 11: by Lily (new)

Lily Ortiz (lily_zitro) | 38 comments I'm going to try to make video updates on my channel. So I'm fine with the updates. They sound good! And it started. I already started reading my first book

The Full Bookshelf Reviews | 36 comments I'm going to have to switch my White, Gold, or SNOW book. I don't have the time to finish Fallout and won't be able to return it on that day. :(

message 13: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 43 comments Mod
That's ok! I'm probably going to change books I've picked too! I made my list a couple of weeks ago and as time went on I got new books! Haha

The Full Bookshelf Reviews | 36 comments Does the color of the title/author name count? I'm going to pick up another Ellen Hopkins book (I'm pretty sure her name is in white on the cover). If not, I got a few Doctor Who books as gifts recently, one that's blue and gold and another that has the Twelfth Doctor literally surrounded by snow on the cover.

message 15: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Walker (NekosBooks) (neko-firedemontempest) | 15 comments Woke up sick this morning so I don't foresee a good reading week for me, but I'm going to read as much as I can.

message 16: by Amy (new)

Amy | 78 comments Mod
Same, I have ordered some new ones and my friends have bought me some early xmas gifts (i.e. books)

The Full Bookshelf Reviews | 36 comments I asked EVERYONE to get me books this year. :D

message 18: by Amy (new)

Amy | 78 comments Mod
I posted a starting post on my blog today, check it out :)
http://thelittlebooknerdinthecorner.b...

message 19: by Lily (new)

Lily Ortiz (lily_zitro) | 38 comments Yeah, I changed my books yesterday lol but the list has been updated here on Goodreads and my video is up if you guys want to check it.. I think I posted this already..?

https://youtu.be/Fk3JNNJbYlk

message 20: by Shallon (new)

Shallon J | 25 comments I already finished one book. Now i'm on book two

message 21: by Bonnie (new)

Wow!! You're a fast reader!

message 22: by Amy (new)

Amy | 78 comments Mod
Im almost finished with my first book, got so much school work to do though...

message 23: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 43 comments Mod
I've finished Red Queen! Now I just gotta write my review and than I can start on my second book! :) Yay Bookathon!!

message 24: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 43 comments Mod
I've finished Red Queen! Now I just gotta write my review and than I can start on my second book! :) Yay Bookathon!!

message 25: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 43 comments Mod

The Full Bookshelf Reviews | 36 comments Haha, you guys! I only started Ex-Mas last night and read the first thirty pages!

message 27: by Lily (new)

Lily Ortiz (lily_zitro) | 38 comments You guys are so fast!

message 28: by Amy (new)

Amy | 78 comments Mod
Just put my xmas trees up, im so tired. But the 3 trees look beautiful. Had hardly done school work which means less time reading....have you guys got ur xmas decorations up yet?

message 30: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 43 comments Mod
I have all my decorations up but I going to get my tree this weekend! :)

message 31: by Amy (new)

Amy | 78 comments Mod
Do you guys have an advent calendar? I feel like no one is too old for them

The Full Bookshelf Reviews | 36 comments No. For some reason, I've never really even thought about it up until this year. There's one, though, where you get a yummy different little piece of chocolate with every day of your patience. :D

Not_Your_Typical_Lannister (Leslie)  I don't and have never ever had one. I would likely crack and eat all the chocolate at once!

message 34: by Shallon (new)

Shallon J | 25 comments Bonnie wrote: "Wow!! You're a fast reader!"

It was an amazing book!

message 35: by Bonnie (new)

My family are putting up all the decorations this weekend and getting the tree because we all finish school this Friday!! So excited!!! If I'm being honest here... Let's just say I haven't started reading yet haha! I'm on my last two days of placement so it's too hard for me right now!! But I'll catch up!!!

message 36: by Raki Oddbooks (new)

Raki Oddbooks | 13 comments I've finished the children's Christmas book challenge and I'm halfway done with the book that's been on your TBR since last Christmas challenge!

The Full Bookshelf Reviews | 36 comments I'm almost halfway done with Ex-Mas, my red and green book, I'm reading When Santa Fell to Earth next, and my White, Gold, or Snow book will either be Triangles by Ellen Hopkins or Trouble by Non Pratt, which both have a bit of white on the cover.

message 38: by Amy (new)

Amy | 78 comments Mod
Bonnie wrote: "My family are putting up all the decorations this weekend and getting the tree because we all finish school this Friday!! So excited!!! If I'm being honest here... Let's just say I haven't started ..."

You are so lucky finishing school this Friday, I've got until the 18th December till I finish. I feel like I'm going to do little reading.

The Full Bookshelf Reviews | 36 comments My reading list is finally revised and finished! I'm reading Triangles to replace Fallout because it has gold and white on the cover and I replaced Stop Pretending with Trouble by Non Pratt since I read it I'm November, and I'm reading both Red by Alison Cherry and Red: A History of the Redhead by Jacky Colliss Harvey for the Red, Green, Snow, or Christmas challenge. So, in the end, I have 12 books in total. That means I do have the twelve reads of Christmas!

message 40: by Lily (new)

Lily Ortiz (lily_zitro) | 38 comments I feel like I haven't even made a dent in my list

message 41: by Amy (new)

Amy | 78 comments Mod
Finished one of my books, finally onto another one!

The Full Bookshelf Reviews | 36 comments I've got 40 pages left in my first one! I've got to hurry!

message 43: by Raki Oddbooks (new)

Raki Oddbooks | 13 comments Monica wrote: "I feel like I haven't even made a dent in my list"

I watched your video, you have some pretty books there! You can do it!!

The Full Bookshelf Reviews | 36 comments Finished my first book!

message 45: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 2 comments Finished my first and am half-way done w/ the second

message 46: by April (new)

April Sims | 5 comments Just finshed my first. The Mistletoe Promise working on The Brands Who Came For Christmas

message 47: by April (new)

April Sims | 5 comments Starting The Mistletoe Inn also

message 48: by Raki Oddbooks (new)

Raki Oddbooks | 13 comments I just started my third challenge!

message 49: by Amelia (new)

Amelia (meelz_xo) I'm still on my first challenge (The Next Together) because I've been busy with family friends and family this week :/

message 50: by Holly (new)

Holly | 26 comments I'm on my first challenge, read a book that's been on your TBR since last year, I'm reading....
The MAZE RUNNER I'm about halfway
my goal is to read six books

« previous 1 3 4