Terminalcoffee discussion

Helping You To Know The News > The Blob found floating off the coast of Alaska

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (countessofblooms) | 347 comments Seattlians, run for the hills. There is a huge unidentified goose-eating blob headed your way.

http://features.csmonitor.com/environ...

message 2: by Dave (new)

Dave Russell We got giant squid in San Diego. What the fucks with the Pacific Ocean?

http://www.collegenews.com/index.php?...

message 3: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (countessofblooms) | 347 comments Ugh. Giant Squid. They haunt my sleep on a too regular basis. I don't know what's causing it, but I'm going to blame The North Pacific Tropical Gyre.

message 4: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Insert Sarah Palin joke here

message 5: by Dan (new)

Dan (akagunslinger) Anyone ever see Creepshow 2? It looks a lot like the monster from The Raft.

message 6: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) Damn you, RA...you beat me to it!

message 7: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments I heard a piece about the giant squids in CA today on NPR. FREAKY!

message 8: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments People go night-diving?! In places where giant squid live! That is one of the more horrific deaths I can imagine. Ugh.

message 9: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (countessofblooms) | 347 comments http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bi-CSZ...

Did you know that the squid's beak can rip an orange-sized chunk of flesh from your skin every 2.5 seconds? I do not approve.

message 10: by Lori (new)

Lori The Blob That Came From Outer Space.

Hollywood producers are quickly trying to get the first script going. Will it be a TV miniseries, or a blockbuster movie? With Matthew McC whatever his name is, so he can take off his shirt and surf even tho it's up in Alaska.

message 11: by Angie (new)

Angie (angabel) Lori wrote: "With Matthew McC whatever his name is, so he can take off his shirt and surf even tho it's up in Alaska. "

Are you talking about the cowboy who was busted for playing the bongo in his backyard naked?

This makes me wanna watch horrible science-fiction movies. Apparently they're remaking Plan 9 From Outer Space, which I've heard so much about but haven't been able to find.

message 12: by Usako (new)

Usako (bbmeltdown) I'll raise you a Potomac Snakehead!

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

I haven't heard anything about Snake heads for awhile, did they ever get control of the population?

message 14: by Heather (new)

Heather (heatherjoy) | 384 comments This may be a stupid question, but are squid attacks really something to fear?

message 15: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments I guess they are if you're into diving in places and at times when squids are active. They're not something for me to fear 'cause I would NEVER do that shit.

message 16: by Heather (new)

Heather (heatherjoy) | 384 comments Well, diving with sharks is on my bucket list, but squid freak me out. I think it has something to be with their large eyeballs, or ball. Do they have two or just one?

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

They have a National Geographic podcast on Giant Squids off the coast of CA, and when the come up at night it sounds like it could be pretty uncomfortable for those in the water.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments I've seen squid snorkeling in Hawaii, and they were not scary at all. But they were only about a foot long.

message 19: by Heidi (last edited Jul 23, 2009 03:02PM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments (I thought I saw a squid on the Spring River on Saturday. It was only about 3 inches long.)

message 20: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments Are there fresh water squids?

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

A google search showed says that there is no such thing as a freshwater squid, despite the numerous potential sightings.

message 22: by Heather (new)

Heather (heatherjoy) | 384 comments Whenever I think of squid, I get the visual of this lame movie I saw on the sci-fi channel called The Beast. It was bizarre and yet compelling. I would die of a heart attack if I saw that thing coming for me. Now, as for those ft. long ones, I'm pretty sure I would just view that as lunch. :)

message 23: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments Yup, I can tear up some calamari!

message 24: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Deep fried and dipped in marinara.

message 25: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments Or tartar sauce. I like tartar sauce w/things from the sea.

message 26: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (luvrdn) | 501 comments Randomanthony wrote: "Insert Sarah Palin joke here"

LEAVESARAHALOOONE!!

message 27: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (luvrdn) | 501 comments You know squid van be very agressive, and they have a beak like a parrot, but stronger. I would not want to be near one myself. I wonder if they are loosing there habitat?

message 28: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments If they are, I'm sure Sarah Palin was only peripherally involved.

message 29: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (luvrdn) | 501 comments Oh, Tarter sauce!

message 30: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Oh, applesauce.

message 31: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Michelle wrote: "Randomanthony wrote: "Insert Sarah Palin joke here"

LEAVESARAHALOOONE!!"

BITE HER NOSE!!!

message 32: by Usako (new)

Usako (bbmeltdown) Squids mustn't be too terrible! They had the baby ones on I Survived a Japanese Gameshow!. Contestants had to eat the tentacles off.

message 33: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Tanja wrote: "Squids mustn't be too terrible! They had the baby ones on I Survived a Japanese Gameshow!. Contestants had to eat the tentacles off."

Now that's just flat-out mean.

message 34: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (luvrdn) | 501 comments Just yuck

message 35: by Randy (new)

Randy Heidi said, (I thought I saw a squid on the Spring River on Saturday. It was only about 3 inches long.)

If you saw a squid in Arkansas, Heidi, I'm wanting some of your beer, wow!

message 36: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Yeah but there ain't no bears in Arkansas.

message 37: by Randy (new)

Randy I'm a little slow today, Larry...whadda ya mean no bears in AR?

message 38: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Sorry, Randy. I had this song in my head:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_T4SaN...