Horror Aficionados discussion

A Gathering of Crows
This topic is about A Gathering of Crows
Buddy Reads > A Gathering of Crows

Comments Showing 1-50 of 128 (128 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

Addy | 4989 comments Starting Monday. This is a trilogy I believe and we are starting on book 2 since Dark Hollow has been read. If anyone wants to join feel free. We usually read 3 chapters a day and only ask u you to use spoilers if you read ahead. So far it's me, Adamus and Terry. Hope everyone has an awesome Thanksgiving!

Adamus | 806 comments Hope your thanksgiving was good Addy & Terry!!

Addy | 4989 comments It was! But now I gotta work all weekend:( I even went shopping last nite and didn't get home til 2am. Lol.

message 4: by Janie (new)

Janie C. | 2868 comments Hi - I'd like to join in one of your group reads! I've read and enjoyed some of Brian Keen's books, but I haven't read Dark Hollow or Ghost Walk. I thought I'd jump in when you all start on A Gathering of Crows. Can the book stand alone, or is it necessary to read the first two books?

Adamus | 806 comments That's a good question I'm no too sure but I know it all tells story's about the same area I'm not sure if you have to or if it's a stand alone but once we start the 2nd one I think we'll know

message 6: by Janie (last edited Nov 27, 2015 10:02AM) (new)

Janie C. | 2868 comments I already have A Gathering of Crows, and my book fund is empty until the end of next week :( - otherwise I'd read Ghost Walk this week with you guys.

Terry | 4844 comments Janie, it sounds like it is the same main character in Ghost Walk that is also in Gathering of Crows, so you may miss something, but not sure if that would matter. It really sounds like Gathering of Crows connects with several of Keene's other story lines, too.

Terry | 4844 comments Adamus, my Thanksgiving was really good - hope yours was as well!

message 9: by Janie (new)

Janie C. | 2868 comments Terry wrote: "Janie, it sounds like it is the same main character in Ghost Walk that is also in Gathering of Crows, so you may miss something, but not sure if that would matter. It really sounds like Gathering o..."

I had bought G.o.C. without knowing that it was part of a series, so I don't think I'll mind if I miss out on some nuances.

Terry | 4844 comments Sounds good, Janie. Glad to have you join us!

message 11: by Janie (new)

Janie C. | 2868 comments Thanks, Terry, I'm looking forward to it!

message 12: by Maxine Marsh (new) - added it

Maxine Marsh | 736 comments I've read Dark Hollow and Ghost Walk as well but I have Gathering of Crows waiting, so I'll lurk around in case you guys move on to that one next!

Adamus | 806 comments Yea i think we're doing that one next Maxine after Ghost Walk so if you would like to join us feel free to read along with us, but if you don't want to wait then that's fine too.

message 14: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 4989 comments Yeah. Feel free to join us on the third installment. I'll change the title when we are done with reading this one which, btw, was an awesome first chapter!

Adamus | 806 comments Hey Addy & Terry I just finished the first 3 Chapters in Ghost Walk so far seems like it's going to be interesting. Chapter 1 (view spoiler)

message 16: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 4989 comments I read the first 3 as well, and it seems like a great start! (view spoiler)

Adamus | 806 comments Yea I definitely agree with you Addy

Adamus | 806 comments Yea I definitely agree with you Addy

Terry | 4844 comments I'm through the first three, also. (view spoiler)

Adamus | 806 comments I gotta work tonight but I'll probably pick back up with this tomorrow morning or afternoon

Adamus | 806 comments Yea definitely agree Terry I didn't know if they were the same or different because these rocks had symbols instead of writing & in the first one nobody ever tried to move the rocks but when they touched them the same feeling happened to them like that shock vibration

Terry | 4844 comments You're right.

Terry | 4844 comments Funny, it dropped my spoiler tag info...

Terry | 4844 comments What I went on to say was (view spoiler)

Adamus | 806 comments I think it's pretty cool in Chapter 5 (view spoiler)

Terry | 4844 comments I agree (view spoiler)

message 27: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 4989 comments Yes. It will be nice to see Adam again. I loved that guy! It's just too bad what happened to him.

message 28: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 4989 comments Ch8 (view spoiler)

Terry | 4844 comments Ch8 (view spoiler).

As I understand it, this storyline of the Thirteen and the labyrinth is something that Keene carries through several of his books. Adamus, if you remember from The Rising, (view spoiler)

Adamus | 806 comments Yea that's true Terry I didn't even realize it I wonder how many of the books he does it in but it's a interesting topic tho he chooses

Terry | 4844 comments I'm not sure. Seems like someone else mentioned Conquerer Worms also, but I don't know anything about that one.

message 32: by Maxine Marsh (new) - added it

Maxine Marsh | 736 comments Terry wrote: "Ch8 [spoilers removed].

As I understand it, this storyline of the Thirteen and the labyrinth is something that Keene carries through several of his books. Adamus, if you remember from The Rising,..."

That is interesting, I'll have to get to Earthworm Gods/Conqueror Worms. I love it when authors create a concept over multiple books.

Terry | 4844 comments I'm not positive about that storyline covering Conqueror Worms. When I read the description, it doesn't say anything about that, but that doesn't really mean anything. It does sound like an interesting book, though.

Adamus | 806 comments Yea that's true I don't think none of his books say anything about the labyrinth or the 13 or anything

Terry | 4844 comments I didn't make any progress on this yesterday. Still in the middle of chapter 10.

message 36: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 4989 comments Oh good! Me too! I'm reading 10 right now.

Terry | 4844 comments Excellent. I'm planning on 10, 11 and 12 today, hopefully.

Adamus | 806 comments I was working all week but have the weekend off so I'm gonna catch up, but I'm not too far behind just on Chapter 9

message 39: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 4989 comments I have the weekend off too! The first in many weeks:)

Adamus | 806 comments Yea me too Addy!! I don't know why but I always work weekends now it sucks but I'm gonna enjoy this weekend. Specially since things are getting more & more interesting in the book. I just got Edward Lee's The Bighead book & Bentley Little's The Vanishing. That story sounds interesting so I said why not lol have you read any of those. I can't wait to read Depraved that sounds like a really crazy story

Adamus | 806 comments Yea me too Addy!! I don't know why but I always work weekends now it sucks but I'm gonna enjoy this weekend. Specially since things are getting more & more interesting in the book. I just got Edward Lee's The Bighead book & Bentley Little's The Vanishing. That story sounds interesting so I said why not lol have you read any of those. I can't wait to read Depraved that sounds like a really crazy story

message 42: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 4989 comments Yes, I highly suggest Depraved. It's good backwoods fun...so is the Bighead but I haven't got the guts to read it. You'll have to tell me how it is when u read it.

Adamus | 806 comments Lmao!! Addy YOU are afraid of reading it?!?! You love that kind of stuff!!

Adamus | 806 comments How is House of Blood Addy? I got that one too but haven't read it yet

message 45: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 4989 comments Ikr! I just don't think I can stomach it from the reviews I've read. Some of his books including wrath James white and something Gonzales (forgot his first name) I kinda stay away from. House of Blood is good too. I enjoyed that one.

message 46: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 4989 comments I'm actually surprised I got through Depraved and the sequel tbh.

Adamus | 806 comments lol yea Wrath James & J.F. Gonzalez have some real sick shit it's like hostel, saw, Texas chainsaw massacre, & house of a 1000 corpses all put together they have some real twisted a shit. I also heard that Edward Lee tho is real sick. He has some books that I don't think I would like to read & that seem just too much, but in a way I kinda wanna see how they are because I know there ones that will keep your mouth open & just on the edge of your seat.

Adamus | 806 comments Oh wow!! Depraved seems like it's pretty gruesome just from the little bio on the back but I didn't think it was gonna be that wild

Adamus | 806 comments J.F. Gonzalez Survivor & Wrath James White Succulent Prey I heard is like how your talking about like extreme horror & gore hardcore shit that might scar you for life lol

message 50: by Addy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Addy | 4989 comments Yes. Exactly, I don't want to be scarred. I'd like u to read Depraved and get ur opinion on it. I tried reading Survivor once and still have horrible pictures in my head...lol. But that's not to say someone else can't handle it. It's just too extreme for me.

« previous 1 3