What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Looking for a young child's chapter book about a magic wooden horse? [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

TheBohemianBookworm | 116 comments So I am looking for a book from my childhood but I just can't remember the title! It was about a little girl who lived in a poor family and she and her dad and her brothers I think went to this junk shop run by this nice old man. She wasn't expecting anything for Christmas but she fell in love with this wooden horse buried under a pile of junk, (I can't remember if it was a rocking horse or not), and then she begged her father to take it home even though he thought it was useless and broken. But she takes it home and I think she fixes it and it is a magic horse that flies!? I literally think I can see the illustrations from this book in my head, (there were black and white charcoal style drawing in the inside), but I can't find it anywhere and it's been driving me crazy! If anyone knows anything about this I would be so grateful.

message 2: by Kris (last edited Nov 26, 2015 07:53AM) (new)

Kris | 33225 comments Mod
The Enchanted Horse by Magdalen Nabb? It has different covers. This image suggests the pictures inside the book are black-and-white: http://images.scholastic.co.uk/assets...

Hannah, around what year did you read this book?

Is it a picture book or a chapter book?

TheBohemianBookworm | 116 comments That's it!!!!! Thank you so much!!! This has been driving me crazy for forever!

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33225 comments Mod
Great! It pays to guess. At first I was going to skip this title because the cover images were in color.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Enchanted Horse (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Magdalen Nabb (other topics)