Children's Books discussion

Specific Books & Authors > The Rules: Trust No One

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra I'm currently reading The Rules: Trust No One by Robert C Tabb and am enjoying it. I'll post what I think when I finish.

message 2: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra I liked this story. Thought it was interestingly different. Toby is imperfect, but likeable and a good kid. His family has moved often, and he has become tired of always being the "new kid", never having time to build and keep friendships. When Toby moves to a new town with his family he and his brother Kevin begin to realize there is something very odd about this town. There don't seem to be any other children - although they do learn there are two other children. It's still summer, well into Autumn - in Virginia. The townspeople are reserved and keep to themselves. Toby and Kevin discover clues to start to solve the mystery of what has happened in this very strange town.

The only thing I didn't like about this book is the cover. It really doesn't do the story justice, and think it's unfortunate that this book doesn't have something more eye-catching, or that better evokes a feeling about what this book is about. I know we shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, but I think it's true that most do to some extent. I do think the title raises some curiousity about the story - I know it did for me.

Anyone else read this book?

J-Lynn Van Pelt I've read this book and reviewed it too. I am looking forward to the next installment. The author is a goodreads member. Be sure to contact him.

message 4: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra Yes, he's on my friends list. I also am looking forward to the next one. :)