Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Help Finding Book!

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ellie (new)

Ellie Prince | 7 comments So a while ago I read a book and for the life of me I can't find it. So I'm hoping if I give the description here maybe someone will recognize it. So this story is about hero that is a shifter, who is prisoner in lab. The heroine works there, but is drugged with some kind of aphrodisiac and they are forced to have sex together. Eventually the heroine is able to help facilitate an escape. Months latter after her escape she returns to the facillity looking for her baby that was kidnapped by the evil doctors, and instead finds the hero who wants revenge against the heroine. When he finds out about the baby they along with his pack go to save the baby. I cant remember the rest. Hopefully someone will know the book I'm talking about. Thanks

message 2: by Monie_11 (new)

Monie_11 | 10 comments Is it Fury by Laurann Dohner?

message 3: by Ellie (new)

Ellie Prince | 7 comments It's really similar, but I know for sure that it isn't.

message 4: by Monie_11 (new)

Monie_11 | 10 comments aside from Fury, I have read a similar story also but I can't remember the exact title. The guy was a captured shifter also in a laboratory where he was being experimented on and was presented many females to get an arousal from him but none of them can except one of the staff or a doctor who is a female. He vowed to have revenge on her when he escapes from the laboratory. Is it the same story you're looking for?

message 5: by Ellie (new)

Ellie Prince | 7 comments Yeah that sounds alot like it.

message 6: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 23, 2015 10:21PM) (new)

Is it Tempting the Beast by Lora Leigh?

This is almost very similar to Fury by Laurann Dohner.

message 7: by Monie_11 (new)

Monie_11 | 10 comments Preethi wrote: "Is it Tempting the Beast by Lora Leigh?

This is almost very similar to Fury by Laurann Dohner."

I think that's not it. The heroine of the story works in the lab where the hero was being help captive.

In Lora Leigh's Tempting the Beast, the heroine was a reporter.

message 8: by Ellie (new)

Ellie Prince | 7 comments Again it's similar but it isn't it. I'm pretty sure the hero was a wolf shifter or at least some sort of canine shifter.

message 9: by Rinou (new)

Rinou | 44 comments There are no shifters in Laurann Dohner nor Lora Leigh's series previously suggested (nor babies kidnapped by the mad scientists), though the novel Monie is talking about sounds like Aiden's Charity (Breeds, #12) by Lora Leigh (but again no shifter).

message 10: by Ellie (new)

Ellie Prince | 7 comments The book wasn't part of either series. In fact it might have been a standalone. The name is on the tip of my tongue, but I just can't remember.

message 11: by Monie_11 (new)

Monie_11 | 10 comments Rinou wrote: "There are no shifters in Laurann Dohner nor Lora Leigh's series previously suggested (nor babies kidnapped by the mad scientists), though the novel Monie is talking about sounds like [bookcover:Aid..."

EUREKA !!!!!

Dear, dear, Rinou . . . Thanks for mentioning that particular book. I think it's what Ellie's looking for.

message 12: by Monie_11 (new)

Monie_11 | 10 comments Ellie wrote: "The book wasn't part of either series. In fact it might have been a standalone. The name is on the tip of my tongue, but I just can't remember."

Ellie, Rinou is right. The book you are looking for is entitled : Aiden's Charity by Lora Leigh.

The story is about Aiden who was imprisoned in a Breeds lab in where he was being studied for breeding purposes. He controls his urges even how many times he was feed/injected some aphrodisiac to make him aroused. He was sentenced to death after the scientists have failed to arouse a sexual response from him which makes him useless in their experiments.

Charity, who was a laboratory technician, couldn't stay still and watch him die. In a desperate act to save him, she tried and succeeded what others failed to do. She aroused him. Because of that, Aiden swore to have revenge for her betrayal.

6 years later, Charity became one of the experiments because something happened to her that day when she saved Aiden. She made a bond with him. One day, she escaped and was found by Aiden and took care of her. His pack members stated that he and Charity are mated because of the act that she did in order to save him.

(^_^)

message 13: by Ellie (new)

Ellie Prince | 7 comments Nope that's not it I'm afraid. The heroine actually is initially disgusted by the hero, and one of the evil doctor drugs her with an aphrodisiac. Also there was a baby that had been taken in it. But thanks so much for your help.

message 14: by Ellie (new)

Ellie Prince | 7 comments I've also looked at all the Breeds and New Species books, and it is not in either of them.

message 15: by Monie_11 (new)

Monie_11 | 10 comments Oh. Well, it's pretty similar but maybe other goodreads users might know it. Good luck.

message 16: by Sofia (new)

Sofia | 1 comments I'm sure you've figured out the book by now, but if it helps at all I believe the book you are looking for is Dark Wrath by Celeste Anwar. I hope this helps ^_^

Dark Wrath

message 17: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 2659 comments Mod
Ellie--there is a group here on GR that does nothing but help others find books that have forgotten titles. https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/... if it's not the book suggested by Sofia. Although, with this group's primary focus BEING PNR I'm not totally sure if going to WTNOTB will help, but the more places you have it posted, the better a chance you have of finding it, yes?