YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Team Threads Archive > Team Beech (F) - Chat ✔

Comments Showing 1-47 of 47 (47 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura (last edited Sep 03, 2015 12:27AM) (new)

Laura (lalalalaura_h) | 49 comments Team Members:
Christina ✔
Kirsty ✔
Hannah ✔
Chenique ✔
Cami ✔
Laura ✔
Hannelore ✔
Lauren ✔

Please check in before the challenge starts! :)

message 2: by Christina (new)

Christina | 4418 comments Thanks for creating the board Laura! Hi all :)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 84057 comments Mod
Thanks Laura!

message 4: by Cami (new)

Cami (englishkhaleesi) | 537 comments Hey guys :)

message 5: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (TheRainyReader) (therainyreader) Hey everyone :)

message 6: by Laura (new)

Laura (lalalalaura_h) | 49 comments Sarah wrote: "Thanks Laura!"

Christina wrote: "Thanks for creating the board Laura! Hi all :)"

No problem! Anything to help. :)

message 7: by Laura (new)

Laura (lalalalaura_h) | 49 comments Hello! :) Just waiting on two more and we'll have everybody present and accounted for!

message 8: by Kirsty (new)

Kirsty | 1332 comments Hi everyone :)

Hi guys, I am adding Hannelore to your team ☺

message 10: by Laura (new)

Laura (lalalalaura_h) | 49 comments Sarah wrote: "Hi guys, I am adding Hannelore to your team ☺"

Awesome! Added to the members list. :)

message 11: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Thank you ☺

message 12: by Laura (new)

Laura (lalalalaura_h) | 49 comments Anybody have any ideas on what they're going to read? I'm still trying to decide what sounds good to read next.

message 13: by Christina (new)

Christina | 4418 comments I'm going to try finishing some series: The Ruby Circle (Bloodlines, #6) by Richelle Mead The Good Girls (The Perfectionists, #2) by Sara Shepard and maybe will roam the boards to see what buddy reads are on this month :)

message 14: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenchooker) Hello! My name isn't on the list yet but it will be...so I'm checking in :)

message 15: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenchooker) Hello! My name isn't on the list yet but it will be...so I'm checking in :)

message 16: by Cami (last edited Aug 27, 2015 06:04PM) (new)

Cami (englishkhaleesi) | 537 comments Hey Lauren :)

I'm just patiently waiting for Queen of Shadows -_-

message 17: by Laura (new)

Laura (lalalalaura_h) | 49 comments Christina wrote: "I'm going to try finishing some series: The Ruby Circle (Bloodlines, #6) by Richelle MeadThe Good Girls (The Perfectionists, #2) by Sara Shepard and maybe will roam the boards to see what buddy reads are on this month :)"

Did you read the Vampire Academy too? I've just finished the second book today and realized she had written the series you're talking about. How do you like it?

message 18: by Laura (new)

Laura (lalalalaura_h) | 49 comments Lauren wrote: "Hello! My name isn't on the list yet but it will be...so I'm checking in :)"

Hi! I added you to the list. :)

message 19: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (TheRainyReader) (therainyreader) I have a whole list! Now what I get to is another story but this is my TBR for September: Confessions of a Shopaholic (Shopaholic, #1) by Sophie Kinsella , Heist Society (Heist Society, #1) by Ally Carter , Angelina's Bachelors A Novel with Food by Brian O'Reilly , The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank , Emerald Green (The Ruby Red Trilogy, #3) by Kerstin Gier , Sapphire Blue (Precious Stone Trilogy, #2) by Kerstin Gier , Ready Player One by Ernest Cline , The Final Empire (Mistborn, #1) by Brandon Sanderson , A Darker Shade of Magic (A Darker Shade of Magic, #1) by V.E. Schwab and then I might throw in some comic books as well. :)

message 20: by Christina (new)

Christina | 4418 comments @Laura
Yep! I loved VA. I prefer it over the Bloodlines series. I sort of just want to get this book out of the way. Lost interest in the last few books :( Still, it's worth reading!

message 21: by Christina (new)

Christina | 4418 comments @Hannah
I might read Sapphire Blue. If you'd like to buddy read it we can get double points hehe

message 22: by Kirsty (new)

Kirsty | 1332 comments I have no idea what I'm going to read, my TBR is so big at the moment, but I'm hoping to read Heir of Fire as I'm really enjoying the Throne of Glass series.

message 23: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (TheRainyReader) (therainyreader) @christina I'd love that! when do you want to start? :)

message 24: by Cami (last edited Aug 30, 2015 07:27PM) (new)

Cami (englishkhaleesi) | 537 comments Planning to read these for the challenge. Anyone want to join? The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds, #1) by Alexandra Bracken Siege and Storm (The Grisha, #2) by Leigh Bardugo The Young Elites (The Young Elites, #1) by Marie Lu Falling Kingdoms (Falling Kingdoms, #1) by Morgan Rhodes The Fiery Heart (Bloodlines, #4) by Richelle Mead

message 25: by Christina (new)

Christina | 4418 comments Hannah
How about 10th Sept? :)

message 26: by Christina (last edited Aug 31, 2015 07:51PM) (new)

Christina | 4418 comments I've almost finished a book that I've started in August :) the pages read in September should count for about 70 pages or so

message 27: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (TheRainyReader) (therainyreader) @Christina. I'll try but Im doing a buddy read for darker shade of magic starting tomorrow(in another group) and I need to read emerald green before sapphire blue.

message 28: by Christina (new)

My bad! I thought sapphire blue was the second book. I haven't even read emerald green. I meant emerald green for 10th Sept! Apologies

message 29: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenchooker) Darn it! Cami, I just finished The Darkest Minds last night (IT IS AMAZING). I will be reading the second and third books in the series next. I would be interested in reading The Young Elites with you, though!!

message 30: by Cami (new)

Cami (englishkhaleesi) | 537 comments @Lauren. Great :) when do you want to start?

message 31: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenchooker) Cami wrote: "@Lauren. Great :) when do you want to start?"

Let's see---September 11th? That should give me plenty of time to finish 2 and 3 in TDM series :)

message 32: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (TheRainyReader) (therainyreader) @Christina ok good lol let's do it for emerald green then and I'll put it in the reading buddy thing

message 33: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (TheRainyReader) (therainyreader) @christina you ate totally right it is sapphire blue first!! so we'll do that one first lol

message 34: by Cami (last edited Sep 01, 2015 07:32AM) (new)

Cami (englishkhaleesi) | 537 comments @Lauren. That's good for me :)

message 35: by Christina (new)

Haha alright! Second book first ;)

message 36: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Thanks Chenique ☺

message 37: by Christina (new)

Christina | 4418 comments Kirsty, you're doing so well! Keep up the good work :)

message 38: by Kirsty (new)

Kirsty | 1332 comments Christina wrote: "Kirsty, you're doing so well! Keep up the good work :)"

Thanks, I don't know whether it will last as I start back at Uni next week but hopefully I will still have time to read :)

message 39: by Laura (new)

Laura (lalalalaura_h) | 49 comments The moment when you realize you're about 4 pages short from going up an extra point for the review, haha. But we're still doing really well with all the points we've gotten!

message 40: by Christina (new)

Christina | 4418 comments Laura oh no that stinks! :( Good job with reading books! Our team may be topping the fun teams :D

message 41: by Laura (new)

Laura (lalalalaura_h) | 49 comments I hope so! Is there a rankings list or were you just checking between the review pages?

message 42: by Christina (new)

Christina | 4418 comments On the sign up and questions page

message 43: by Christina (new)

Do let me know if you're interested in reading Emerald Green this month as well :)

message 44: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (TheRainyReader) (therainyreader) @Christina Sure I'd love too. When would you like to start?

message 45: by Christina (new)

Christina | 4418 comments I don't mind starting this week :), 22nd?

message 46: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (TheRainyReader) (therainyreader) GAH! Sorry @Christina I kept checking back and it never said I had a new comment so I never went into the chat room :(

message 47: by Christina (new)

That's ok. I didn't start :P

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.