Start by marking “The Fiery Heart (Bloodlines, #4)” as Want to Read:
The Fiery Heart (Bloodlines, #4)

The Fiery Heart

(Bloodlines #4)

4.37  ·  Rating details ·  60,896 ratings  ·  5,134 reviews
Sydney Sage is an Alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the wolds of humans and vampires. They protect vampire secrets - and human lives.

In The Indigo Spell, Sydney was torn between the Alchemist way of life and what her heart and gut were telling her to do. And in one breathtaking moment that Richelle Mead fans will never forget, she
Published November 19th 2013 by Penguin Group (first published August 1st 2013)

Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareThe Indigo Spell by Richelle MeadThe Elite by Kiera CassRequiem by Lauren Oliver
YA Novels of 2013
1,576 books — 11,058 voters
Allegiant by Veronica RothClockwork Princess by Cassandra ClareLover at Last by J.R. WardRequiem by Lauren OliverThe Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead
Can't Wait Books of 2013
2,506 books — 12,281 voters

More lists with this book...

·  60,896 ratings  ·  5,134 reviews

ajia
Apr 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Finally! after ages of waiting i got to read it and i totally loved it! I was really excited after the last one cuz i wanted to see Sydrian as real couple and they are totes adorable. They still have their witty banter but its all even sexier now and every scene will make you swoon. I cant tell you how steamy some scenes were and you just need to read the book NOW!

Their relationship was well written. they still had some issues they needed to sort out and slowly worked though them. I just adore t
Rimsa Ivashkov
Nov 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
UPDATE: (Review + Teasers)

Teasers

When I got out, I heard the Love Phone ring with a text message. I hurried to it. Did you get it? asked Sydney.
Get what?
Look under your door.
I did and found that a room key had been slid inside. Not even bothering to respond to her, I quickly dressed and headed out into the hall, turning toward the room number on the key. I nearly knocked but then decided I must have an open invitation and unlocked the door.
I stepped inside, shutting the door behind me, and found
Nov 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: signed
OMG! I have so many thoughts! But for right now...

Chapter 1 from Adrian's POV

"I won't lie. Walking into a room and seeing your girlfriend reading a baby-name book can kind of make your heart stop."

OMG!!! We get Adrian's POV!!!!! So excited!!!
And we'll have Adrian's POV in the rest of the series!

Q: Why did you choose to make an Adrian's POV in the fourth book? Is it just for fun or you needed to do it for the plot?

Richelle Mead: It is because of the plot.
Zoë
Jun 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Not as good as The Indigo Spell as a lot of it felt like filler (really cute filler that made me giggle quite a lot, but filler nonetheless), but the ending makes me want to immediately dive into the next book, Silver Shadows! Richelle Mead is a fantastic writer and even her weaker books are immensely entertaining and will get you out of a reading slump, as it did with me just now. Now, please excuse me. I need to get to reading Silver Shadows.
Wendy Darling
This installment is really Adrian's story. It's really fun being in his head, and there is some serious Sydrian chemistry! Full review is on the blog: http://www.themidnightgarden.net/2013...

But seriously.

What. Happened. To. Everyone's. HAIR.

:-(
Stephanie (Bookfever)
First of all, this may be a little off-topic and have nothing to do with the actual story in this book, but I do not like this cover. Is it just me or does it seem very cheap compared to the others. The same goes for the 5th book, Silver Shadows. What happened here, guys?
And second, I have no idea where I'm taking this review for The Fiery Heart. I mean it was amazing, mind-blowing even and yes, simple perfection, which isn't a surprise when it's about a book that has Adrian Ivashkov in it, but
Mikaela
For this review to take place, I feel as though I have to split myself into two people.

One is the completely bias fangirl, who obsesses over characters and a world she loves. This is the same girl who shrieked so loudly when Dimitri made a reappearance that someone came in to check if she was okay. Looking at the book through this persona I was happy. Adrian and Sydney really grew as a couple (even with the drastically cliched "the centre will hold" motif) and they had some cute moments with cu
♥ Becky  22
This was goooooooood!

"Just finished writing what may be the most powerful scene in the VA/Bloodlines series. And I don't say that lightly after Shadow Kiss."
- Richelle Mead about the ending of this book.

OH MY GOD.

Kinda scared. I mean...Shadow Kiss was woah.

I have a feeling Fiery Heart will be like Shadow Kiss.A crying festival. Am I right ?
Richelle: I don't know if it'll be a crying festival, but I think a lot of books will be thrown across the room.

(http://blue-succubus.livejournal.com/...)

Chester Carstairs
Nov 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013-releases
Love is... a flame in the dark. A breath of warmth on a winter's night. A star that guides you home.

Richelle Mead did it again! Oh yes, you're probably tired of reading that in my reviews. But really, can you say otherwise? This book has given me all the Sydrian dose I needed and. so. much. more. It's that good kind of overdose you'd never recover from. Certainly worth the agonizing wait!

Our favorite couple (or should I say one of our favorites? Since we have tons of ships in this series) is f
Jessica
Mar 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I struggled with this book towards the middle.. but I've LOVED the first three... which is really interesting because I also struggled with the fourth book in the Vampire Academy series! What is it about the fourth books?

Anyways, I did think that the middle of this story was kind of dull compared to the first three... but that ending. Oh my gosh... I don't even know how to properly write a review for this book because my mind still can't stop thinking about how this book ended. I'm just really l
Khanh, first of her name, mother of bunnies
My anxiety faded. I took a deep breath and met the gazes of all those watching me in the room. Who was I to do this?
I was Adrian Ivashkov. And I was about to kick some ass.
Actual rating: 3.5

Here's my very controversial take on this book: I wish Sydrian never happened. What can I say, I loved the sexual tension and the chemistry of Sydney and Adrian as they battled for and against their feelings for each other more than I love their actual romance.

Please don't take my rating and my statement to
Ferdy
Spoilers

I initially enjoyed the first three Bloodlines books but I think I've gone off them… On rereading I found them all rather uninspired and cheesy, especially the numerous romances which seem to dominate every story arc. I was hoping The Fiery Heart would reestablish my love for the series but if anything it just made me dislike it even more. Maybe, I'm just tired of vampires, YA, and silly-forbidden-tropey romances.

-I didn't really find the plot interesting. Most of the book was spent on
Kelena
Feb 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013, fangs, bloodlines
5 Centrum Permanebit Heartbreakingly Emotional, Sensual, Fun Stars

description

Will it, Sydney? I wondered.
Because I’m falling apart._ Adrian

full review to come
------------------------------------------

I`m in Sydrianish!!!!!! ZONE

description

IT'll BE FREAKIN` EPIC!!!

------------------------------
Sydney's 911Cellphone knows how to kill Sydrian Moment
A Little Teaser #Sydrian snippet from "The Fiery Heart" to kill the time untill Official VAMPIRE ACADEMY Movie Trailer Release this week!!!

Excerpt (From Sydney's POV- 4 p
Claudia Ramírez
THIS BOOK WAS AMAZING.

Really, I said in my last review that I wasn't really digging this series, but OH, this book had made me shut my mouth! It was AWESOME. There were still a little too much plotlines, BUT they were actually really interesting and I didn't know what to expect about anything!

And Sydrian, oh god, Sydrian. This book was full of romance and passion and I can't even--- They are so adorable and sexy together! I ship them more than ever. They complement each other, they save each oth
Stacia (the 2010 club)
3.5 stars. I can't believe it took me almost 2 months to read The Fiery Heart. I got stalled out by the midway point and didn't have any motivation to want to pick the book up again. Was my love affair with Richelle Mead coming to an end? Say it isn't so!

I really couldn't figure out what was up with the "whole lot of yawn" happening in the first half. Even having Adrian's PoV didn't really perk up the non-events going on. Maybe the alchemist side of the story and all of the new characters just d
Komal
Nothing kills a book like predictability.

I am so pissed right now. So fucking pissed that I'll just write things as they are in my head. I've been waiting for this book to be released ever since I finished reading The Indigo Spell a few months ago. I have to say I wasn't expecting it to be such a letdown. The hype surrounding this book and its "awesome" ending is unbelievable. I feel like this book is such a filler.

1. The Too-Much-Romance-No-Plot Syndrome. Can't we talk about the romance? Let's
~Poppy~
Sep 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
“The center will hold.”
“How do you know?”
“Because we are the center.”

“It’s Adrian Ivashkov logic. Don’t try to understand it. Just roll with it.”

Melissa
Nov 13, 2012 rated it liked it
06/07/14

I'll just pretend that the first 50% didn't exist since it was all relationship drama (I mean, if I wanted to read a contemporary romance I'd read a contemporary romance). But after that Richelle remembered to add an actual plot to the story and the book got interesting enough, and I ended up really enjoying it.

Edit 28/02/13:

So, synopsis and cover are out. I don't really hate this one, but compared to all the other great covers out there, it completely sucks. Anyway, Sydney is not showi
Ida
Jun 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
If you are looking for an action-packed book, then maybe this is not for you because dang it, this is so emotionally powered with everything Sydrian feels I'm going crazy right now!

Full review later

The Fiery Heart is going to be told from both Sydney and Adrian's points of view...

...both Sydney and Adrian's point of view

...Sydney and Adrian's point of view

AND Adrian's point of view

ADRIAN'S. POINT. OF. VIEW.

ADRIAN'S.

.....

.........

............

.................

WUT IS AIR?! ANVDJAGHDBAHGDUADBAVHFDUA
Rebecca

This ebook was provided by the publisher in exchange for an honest review

It's been nearly three years since I first read Vampire Academy, Bloodlines' predecessor, and both of Richelle's series have been such a pleasure to read. Few authors have the uncanny to completely draw me into a story or make me fall in love with characters like she does. Even after a combined ten books in both series, I'm still enthralled. The Fiery Heart is an example of just how brilliant Richelle is at crafting this wo
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
I ALWAYS LOVE THESE BOOKS! THIS ONE IS JUST AS GOOD AS THE ONES BEFORE. I HOPE THEY GET TO SYDNEY IN TIME BEFORE ..WELL I DON'T WANT TO SPOIL IT, BUT LET'S JUST SAY I HOPE THEY GET TO SYDNEY TIME. I LIKE THE LOVE STORY BETWEEN SYDNEY AND ADRIAN GOING TO THE NEXT LEVEL. I AM EXCITED TO SEE WHERE THE NEXT ONE TAKES THE GROUP.
Tabatha
You can check out more reviews by me on my blog:

YET ANOTHER EDIT**

Just to remind everyone of this scene from Indigo Spell which is where 'Fiery Heart' comes from:
"His eyes were on his heart, completely caught up in his work.
“Just something kicking around in my head. Reminds me of you. Fiery and sweet, all at the same time. A flame in the dark, lighting my way.”"

EDIT*

The cover was released!

This feel like blasphemy.. But I-

I Don't really like it.

...

__30/08/2012___________________________________
Zemira (Kylo Ren fangirl) Warner
This has nothing to do with the book but I've started to hate those stupid people who post ∞ gifs on their 'reviews' before they even read the book. I get it, you are excited, I am too, but it takes forever to load the damn page. I post, maybe, one or two gifs but when you post more than 5, you are a moron. If you have a problem with what I said,deal with it.

full review to come.
The Indigo Spell
The Emerald Wish
The Silver Emblem
The Scarlet Dream

(Those last three titles are totally made up, but wouldn't it be great if at least one coincidentally gets picked up for an actual title? Fingers crossed.:D)
Dee ✘
Feb 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: release-2013, ya
4.5/5

are you kidding me? are. you. kidding. me
you gave us that cliffhanger and now we have to wait for 8 months?!?
lord, help us.
Sprinkles
Aug 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Date: 8/21/12

Book #3 The Indigo Spell , hasn't come out yet. And here we are, excitedly waiting for the fourth book. A title is yet to come. For the title, I was thinking * The Emerald Wish *. Richelle Mead, if by any chance you are reading this, I am 110% okay with you using the title. I don't really know if you take readers' ideas, but please consider this one. The title goes very well with the other titles in the series, and it's basically perfect. I mean, Adrian has emerald eyes, and the
Merna
Jan 19, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, paranormal
The series has gone downhill for me.

-Adrian's POV should never have happened.
-Sappy romance is really irritating-especially when it constantly overrides the plot.
-There is no constant tension or excitement in the Fiery Heart, which is visible in many of Richelle Mead's previous books in the VA series.
- I feel as if this was just simply rushed. The Fiery Heart felt like a very big filler to me.
Muse-ic ♬
Emma♔☯ (Bookishfix)
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
“I clung to that spark of hope, nurturing it into a small flame that chased some of the shadows in my heart away.”
This was beyond amazing! First book where we follow two character perspectives instead of one, yeeeeees! And which two characters you might ask? Sydney and Adrian!!! ALL THE HEARTS <3 I've been wanting this without even knowing i did, it added a little something extra and seriously i've been wanting to get inside Adrians head since the VA series. Another knock out novel by Riche
Jess
Feb 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own, spin-off, ya
Well Richelle Mead has done it again. This lady never fails to amaze me with her books. She always manages to pull it out of the bag.

I have been waiting almost a year for The Fiery Heart, and it most certainly didn't disappoint. Not a single bit. I always manage to get hooked on Richelle's books from the first page, and this book was no different. It felt so awesome to be back with the gang again, even some of the old ones made an appearance, to my absolutely delight.

The Fiery Heart was fantas

• Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • Foretold: 14 Tales of Prophecy and Prediction
  • With All My Soul (Soul Screamers, #7)
  • Blood Moon (Drake Chronicles, #5)
  • The Eternity Cure (Blood of Eden, #2)
  • Bitter Blood (The Morganville Vampires, #13)
  • Sentinel (Covenant, #5)
  • Sweet Peril (Sweet, #2)
  • Spirit (Elemental, #3)
  • Empower (The Violet Eden Chapters, #5)
  • Snakeroot (Nightshade Legacy #1; Nightshade World #7)
  • Midnight Frost (Mythos Academy, #5)
  • Frostbite: Dimitri's POV (Vampire Academy, #2.1)
  • Unbreakable (Unraveling, #2)

A life-long reader, Richelle has always loved mythology and folklore. When she can actually tear herself away f

Bloodlines (6 books)
  • Bloodlines (Bloodlines, #1)
  • The Golden Lily (Bloodlines, #2)
  • The Indigo Spell (Bloodlines, #3)
  • Silver Shadows (Bloodlines, #5)
  • The Ruby Circle (Bloodlines, #6)
“Relax, having kids is years away. But can you imagine? Your brains, my charm, our collective good looks... then add in the usual physical abilities dhampirs get.

It's really not even fair to everyone else.”
751 likes
“Don’t take the high ground and assume you already know what you’ll do. The truth is, when it comes to someone you love, you’ll find there isn’t anything you won’t do.” 413 likes