Trail-Mix Readers discussion

Reviews > Before You Leap

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ryan (new)

Ryan Guy | 47 comments Mod
...Before You Leap

…Before You Leap is a hilarious fish-out-of-water story with great high school banter and a fun throwback to 1995. I particularly liked the 90’s references because, like the main character, Sean, I was also a 16 year old teen in the 90’s.

Since Sean’s descendant “dumbed” down his explanations of the time travel mechanics for Sean there were a lot of great analogies used to support the sci-fi aspects of this novel.

The book’s overall tone is light and wistful, but it also has its philosophical moments centered around what the ramifications of altering the past might be. I had a great time with this one!

message 2: by Jen (new)

Jen (jenius05) | 279 comments Mod
Cool!

message 3: by Lorraine (last edited Sep 02, 2015 08:09PM) (new)

Lorraine | 38 comments ...Before You Leap is a well-written and humorous read.
The characters were brilliantly described, completely believable and come alive as you read.
I loved Sean's reaction to the science behind time travel, which was interesting and not overly complicated.
Ther was no great cliffhanger at the end, but it was left open for another book, which I'll be more than happy to read
This book was so much more than a sci-fi/time-travel novel.

message 4: by Chess (new)

Chess Desalls (chessdesalls) | 8 comments This was such a fun book! I'm a huge fan of LX and love the 1990s setting.

message 5: by Lavern (new)

Lavern Winters (grandmapeachy) | 50 comments Mod
This is my review accidentally posted in GR under my daughter's account because we share an Amazon account and I wrote my review with the prompt at the end of the book. I learned not to do that.

Even though I am old enough to be the main characters grandmother I was easily engaged into this unusual time travel story. Sean is a typical teenage boy. Easily recognizable after raising two sons. A good knowledge of the mid-90's reveals the accuracy of the cultural and technological details for time period portrayed. The author does an excellent job of detailing the problems that could arise during time travel including the potential problems associated with changing a time line and human responses to becoming involved with people of a different era. I laughed a lot while reading this book. The characters were realistic and not at all shallow, the plot was excellent and unique. For me a definite five star read!

message 6: by Ryan (new)

Ryan Guy | 47 comments Mod
Nice review, Lavern!