2015 Reading Challenge [Closed] discussion

Hyperbole and a Half: Unfortunate Situations, Flawed Coping Mechanisms, Mayhem, and Other Things That Happened
This topic is about Hyperbole and a Half
. Week 42: Graphic Novel > Hyperbole and a Half by Allie Brosh

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jody (jodybell) | 531 comments Brilliant! I lamented the absence of the Alot, but this was still a fantastic read. From her derpy dog to her brilliantly conveyed experience with depression, I'd definitely recommend this to anyone.

Jana My first choice of book for this week was NOT a winner for me, and I ditched it after reading the first 1/4 or so. I will give this one a try. I have requested it from the library.

Jody (jodybell) | 531 comments You could check out her blog too Jana, to see what you think of her work - I'd say if you enjoy her blog that you'll love her book. It's definitely an easy read. :)

Aline (thousanduniverses) | 53 comments I've read this for the 'read a funny book'-week. I really liked it, it was so funny! My favorite was the story with her helper dog and the neighbor's, I had to laugh so hard :D

Jana I read this (without checking out the blog) and it turned out to be a reasonable choice for me. It was enjoyable. Not as good as Persepolis (I LOVED that graphic novel), but a good choice for a genre that I am generally uncomfortable with.

Marta (gezemice) This was a humorous and self-deprecating book. Those copying mechanisms are all too familiar - and familiarly messed up... better ways can be learned. I hope she will figure it out - and hopefully will see a happier sequel.