The Sword and Laser discussion

Uprooted
This topic is about Uprooted
2015 Reads > Uprooted: Who would you cast in the movie?

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Michele | 1154 comments Over at Vaginal Fantasy there's usually a casting thread so let's do one here - Who's your Agniezska, Dragon, Kasia, Prince? I'll go first (I'll admit I don't know a lot of younger actors so...)-

Agniezska - Mila Kunis or Emma Watson

Dragon - Jake Gyllenhaal or Ryan Gosling

Kasia - Amanda Seyfried or Sophie Turner

Prince Marek - Nicholas Hoult or Chris Pine

message 2: by David (last edited Aug 25, 2015 01:18AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

David | 67 comments Michele wrote: "Over at Vaginal Fantasy there's usually a casting thread so let's do one here - Who's your Agniezska, Dragon, Kasia, Prince? I'll go first (I'll admit I don't know a lot of younger actors so...)-"
I'm lousy with names, but I think this is an interesting ongoing idea. Speaking to the choices for Agniezska, I feel like she should be relatively plain looking, given the description from the book. Not ugly, but not the standard "hot actress" type.

Olaf | 31 comments Michele wrote: "Dragon - Jake Gyllenhaal or Ryan Gosling
"

While Ryan Gosling doesn't have the "book smarts" look for me, Jake Gyllenhaal could be great in it (I'm thinking about the way he looks in Nightcrawler).

message 4: by Vernice (last edited Aug 27, 2015 02:50PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vernice (fictionfantastic) Here's my cast choices:

Agnieszka: Mara Wilson

Kasia: Jennifer Lawrence

Dragon: Ben Barnes

Prince Marek: Chad Michael Murray

Falcon: Tom Felton

The Queen: Cate Blanchett

message 5: by Joe (new)

Joe Jackson (shoelessauthor) I'm still stuck on "Someone named their site Vaginal Fantasy?"

David | 67 comments Joe wrote: "I'm still stuck on "Someone named their site Vaginal Fantasy?""

Hey, it's Felicia's (and Veronica's, etc.) reading group. It does mean taking care in getting to a reading group rather than certain other content one might find with those search terms.

Michele | 1154 comments Yup, we read books with women main characters, often romance, sometimes smutty, and sometimes straight-up SF or fantasy.

Over there the casting is almost always Benedict Cumberbatch, the dude who played Loki, or Michael Fassbender lol. But there's some other interesting choices.

I'll link the casting thread

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 8: by Joe (new)

Joe Jackson (shoelessauthor) Hmmm, well, my book has a female main character...

Ruth (tilltab) Ashworth | 1860 comments Joe wrote: "I'm still stuck on "Someone named their site Vaginal Fantasy?""

Haha, I'm so used to the name now, I forget it can cause raised eyebrows to those unfamiliar with it.

message 10: by Erik (new) - rated it 5 stars

Erik (aerik) | 43 comments Agnieshka - Vernice, I don't know who Mara Wilson is, but that picture looks *exactly* how I pictured Agnieshka. I think you've replaced my previous choice of Anna Kendrick. :)

Sarkan - Heath Ledger in A Knight's Tale, with a touch of the guy from Dragonslayer (does anybody else remember that movie?; it had great dragon effects for the early 80s).

Kasia - Totally Amanda Seyfried, though I admit J-Law is pretty great, too. In my mind, she looks very similar to Birgitte from The Wheel of Time.

Marek - Chris Pine? Yup. Just exactly like Prince Charming in Into the Woods ("AGONYYYYY!").

The Falcon - Tom Felton? lololololol. +1.

message 11: by Trena (last edited Nov 18, 2016 08:44PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trena Payton | 1 comments I would like to see some unknowns play the roles. Although I think Mara Wilson is perfect as the lead. I think the Dragon should be someone like Benedict C because he is tall and a bit older than the other mentions and I think that adds to the legend of the Dragon.

Nadia Rowntree | 1 comments I believe that Sam Witwer would make a perfect Dragon. He has that grouchy, kind of pissed off with the world look to him that I pictured Dragon having.

I love the idea of Amanda Seyfried for Kasia too!

Mara Wilson! I had never heard of her but seeing a picture of her I can't think of anyone better to play Agnieszka!

I also like Chris pine for Prince Merek.

Ginevra | 1 comments Emma Roberts as Agnieszka
Kit Harrington as Dragon

message 14: by Steve (new)

Steve Bowman | 1 comments Agnieszka - Daisy Ridley

Kasia - Saoirse Ronan

Dragon - Jamie Dornan

Falcon - Tom Hiddleston

The Tree Queen - (Obviously) Tilda Swinton