New Adult Book Club discussion

Jasinda Wilder
This topic is about Jasinda Wilder
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
64 views
Author Q+A's > Q&A with Jasinda Wilder *CLOSED*

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lori (last edited Aug 25, 2015 07:35PM) (new)

Lori (lorilovesbooks) | 350 comments



We are pleased to have New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal bestselling author Jasinda Wilder with us for a Q&A. Jasinda is the author of Falling into You, Stripped, Forever & Always, Wounded, Big Girls Do It Better, and almost 50 other titles.

Please leave your questions below.


message 2: by Betül (new)

Betül (gemiinii) | 135 comments Hi Jasinda!! LOVE your books ;)
Who would you pick to co-write a book with (besides your husband!) and why?

I just love asking this question!


message 3: by LeAnn (new)

LeAnn (leannelizabeth) Love your books, Jasinda! What was your favorite book growing up, and did it influence your decision to write your own books?


message 4: by Laura (new)

Laura (velezlaura) Hi Jasinda! Do you have any rituals you like to do before, during or after you finish writing a book?


message 5: by Angelina (new)

Angelina (angelina-sexy-pervy-girl) | 46 comments Hi Jasinda! I really love your fall into you series. I just want to know what is your inspiration in writing it? how did you come up with that story? :)


message 6: by Yael (new)

Yael (navygal) | 7 comments Hi Jasinda, I know you will be in NY soon, but the exact date is a Jewish Holiday. Will you be back in the NY area on another date?


message 7: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 73 comments Hi Jasinda! Which one of your characters or books do you feel the closest or most connected to?


message 8: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (ramblingsfromseks) | 34 comments Hi Jasinda! How much of yourself and Jack do you put into your characters if any at all?


message 9: by Amber H. (new)

Amber H. Hey Jasinda! What inspired you to write "Wounded"?

"Wounded" is my absolute favorite, by the way. I think I've read it about five times, actually. Hunter is just... FANTASTIC. :)


message 10: by Elena (new)

Elena (elenak84) | 65 comments Hi Jasinda! Are you going to translate more books in greek? Thanks :-)


message 11: by Shannon (new)

Shannon Do you have a favorite character or one tou relate to most?


message 12: by Andie (new)

Andie (nandie) | 80 comments Hi,

Thank you for writing Falling Into You, I loved Colton and Nell.

How do you "recover", move on after you finish a book? When you type The End, I can imagine that the characters stay with you. How do you let them go?


message 13: by Shameca (new)

Shameca Smith  (mecavulnerable) Hello!! <3
Have you ever looked back on a book and thought "wow, I should've changed that" or are you pretty set in stone with what you've written?


message 14: by Jasinda (new)

Jasinda Wilder (jasindawilder) | 16 comments Thank you for having me! These are great questions.


message 15: by Jasinda (new)

Jasinda Wilder (jasindawilder) | 16 comments Betul wrote: "Hi Jasinda!! LOVE your books ;)
Who would you pick to co-write a book with (besides your husband!) and why?

I just love asking this question!"


Well, I do LOVE writing with my husband. :)
I would also love to write something fun with maybe Tara Sivec and Alice Clayton. Those ladies always make me laugh. I know we would have a great time writing together.


message 16: by Jasinda (new)

Jasinda Wilder (jasindawilder) | 16 comments LeAnn wrote: "Love your books, Jasinda! What was your favorite book growing up, and did it influence your decision to write your own books?"

This is a great question. I LOVED to read. I remember that going to the bookstore with my mom was one of my favorite things. It was a real treat to get a matching bookmark too. I was so nerdy about that stuff. One of my first adult love story books was FOREVER by Judy Blume. I think that book is always with me. It was such both sweet and passionate example of the first love.


message 17: by Jasinda (new)

Jasinda Wilder (jasindawilder) | 16 comments Laura wrote: "Hi Jasinda! Do you have any rituals you like to do before, during or after you finish writing a book?"

My husband and I always chat before we start writing a new project. We usually start talking through a book months before we start writing. When we are finished with a book we almost always take a day off together. It gives us motivation and something to look forward too. :)


message 18: by Jasinda (new)

Jasinda Wilder (jasindawilder) | 16 comments Angelina wrote: "Hi Jasinda! I really love your fall into you series. I just want to know what is your inspiration in writing it? how did you come up with that story? :)"

The FALLING series was inspired by real life people and events. I merged different experiences I had or had seen with other people into that series. It was very emotional and sometimes also difficult for me to write.


message 19: by Jasinda (new)

Jasinda Wilder (jasindawilder) | 16 comments Yael wrote: "Hi Jasinda, I know you will be in NY soon, but the exact date is a Jewish Holiday. Will you be back in the NY area on another date?"

I do visit NYC often. I don't have another visit schedule at the moment, but I'm sure I'll be back that way soon.


message 20: by Jasinda (new)

Jasinda Wilder (jasindawilder) | 16 comments Michelle wrote: "Hi Jasinda! Which one of your characters or books do you feel the closest or most connected to?"

Hi! That would be Anna from BIG GIRLS DO IT. She's about 98% me. :)


message 21: by Jasinda (new)

Jasinda Wilder (jasindawilder) | 16 comments Stephanie wrote: "Hi Jasinda! How much of yourself and Jack do you put into your characters if any at all?"

Hi! :)

That is a great question. That honestly depends on the book. I would say the nerdier the character, the closer it would be to us.


message 22: by Jasinda (new)

Jasinda Wilder (jasindawilder) | 16 comments Amber H. wrote: "Hey Jasinda! What inspired you to write "Wounded"?

"Wounded" is my absolute favorite, by the way. I think I've read it about five times, actually. Hunter is just... FANTASTIC. :)"


WOUNDED is one of my favorites too! That book was actually inspired by a story in the Bible. I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed it! Thanks so much for reading it all five times!


message 23: by Jasinda (new)

Jasinda Wilder (jasindawilder) | 16 comments Elena wrote: "Hi Jasinda! Are you going to translate more books in greek? Thanks :-)"

I would LOVE to get my books in as many languages as possible. It just takes time. Readers can always contact publishers and request those books in their language. That can always help to speed up the process.

Thanks so much for reading!


message 24: by Jasinda (new)

Jasinda Wilder (jasindawilder) | 16 comments Shannon wrote: "Do you have a favorite character or one tou relate to most?"

I love Anna and Jamie from BIG GIRLS. Those ladies have so much of me in them. I also really connect with the ladies in the FALLING series.

Thanks so much for reading!


message 25: by Jasinda (new)

Jasinda Wilder (jasindawilder) | 16 comments Andie wrote: "Hi,

Thank you for writing Falling Into You, I loved Colton and Nell.

How do you "recover", move on after you finish a book? When you type The End, I can imagine that the characters stay with you..."


This is a great question. It's pretty tough. Often I'll hear voices pretty strongly that aren't from the project we are currently working on. I always try to put some notes together if it could be used for a future project. Most of my characters are just always with me though. Lots of voices in my head. :)


message 26: by Jasinda (new)

Jasinda Wilder (jasindawilder) | 16 comments Meca wrote: "Hello!! <3
Have you ever looked back on a book and thought "wow, I should've changed that" or are you pretty set in stone with what you've written?"


There is always going to be something you could do different, right? I think we are always growing as artists so things can probably always get better but I don't regret anything that I've created thus far. I stand by my characters. :)

Thanks so much!


message 27: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (ramblingsfromseks) | 34 comments Jasinda wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "Hi Jasinda! How much of yourself and Jack do you put into your characters if any at all?"

Hi! :)

That is a great question. That honestly depends on the book. I would say the ner..."


Haha! Awesome! :)


message 28: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Markson | 28 comments Where do you get story ideas


message 29: by Jasinda (new)

Jasinda Wilder (jasindawilder) | 16 comments Lisa wrote: "Where do you get story ideas"

Most of my story ideas come from a real life person or experience. That is what usually sparks the story. My newest work, MADAME X was actually started with a dream I had. :)

Thanks so much!


message 30: by Marika (new)

Marika | 2 comments Hi Jasinda.falling into you is my fav book..it's so raw and emotional and I could relate to the characters, sadly.. how hard it is to write a story that heartbreaking? How do you distance yourself from those emotions?


message 31: by Erika (new)

Erika | 157 comments Will we see any other genres from you in the future?


message 32: by Jasinda (new)

Jasinda Wilder (jasindawilder) | 16 comments Erika wrote: "Will we see any other genres from you in the future?"

I hope so. I love writing all sorts of different things. :)


message 33: by Jasinda (new)

Jasinda Wilder (jasindawilder) | 16 comments Marika wrote: "Hi Jasinda.falling into you is my fav book..it's so raw and emotional and I could relate to the characters, sadly.. how hard it is to write a story that heartbreaking? How do you distance yourself ..."

I don't distance myself. I think you have to be deep into the feelings of the characters to really express what they are going through. It is hard but I've always felt it was worth it. My family knows to take special care of me when I've been working on a very emotional book. :)

Great questions!


message 34: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jeleabeans) | 16 comments Hi Jasinda!

What type of character do you have the hardest time writing?


back to top
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.