Young Writers discussion

Scenes > Cuddling/Hugging Scenes

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

CUDDLING SCENE. Not sexual.

message 2: by Brigid ✩, No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. (last edited Aug 23, 2015 12:10PM) (new)

Brigid ✩ | 11973 comments Mod
Thanks for starting this topic, Shine! In the future though maybe suggest it first in the "Questions and Suggestions" thread, since I'm trying to keep the folders from getting too cluttered.

Also, I think we could make this topic a little more broad. Maybe it can be expanded to any kind of platonic cuddling/hugging? :P

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Oops. Sorry. I forgot about that. And yes, we can expand it more.

message 4: by Brigid ✩, No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. (new)

It's fine! And cool, sounds good. :)

message 5: by Brigid ✩, No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. (new)

I feel like there aren't enough hugs in my stories because I can barely think of any. But here is a hug scene! It's from Eaglewood, which is this book I wrote like three years ago and never really showed to people, but uhhh yeah here it is. :) *Censored a bit for language.*

-------

I stopped and turned around, to see that Autumn was dashing towards me. I wondered for a moment that I was hallucinating, but as she grew closer I knew she was real.

She caught up to me, and she threw her arms around me. And … hugged me.

It was what I would have expected a hug from Autumn to feel like, if I’d ever thought such a thing were possible. First of all, I almost fell over from the impact. Also, my arms were pinned tightly to my sides and I felt like my ribs were about to snap.

I was so surprised that all I could say was, “Ow.”

She let go, and put her hands on my shoulders. Then she just looked at me for a second, her blue eyes shifting back and forth, her hair plastered around her face by the rain. Her cheeks were kind of pink and she was breathing hard from running. “I’m sorry,” she said. “I f***ed up.”

“What?”

“I mean, I didn’t want to end things like that. I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay.”

She shook her head. “No, it’s not. This is why I always mess things up … because I say the wrong things, and then when I have the chance to say the right thing I just let it go. But I can’t do that, not this time.”

I wasn’t sure where she was going with this. “So …”

“So, I’m saying, I’m doing this because I … because I care about what happens to you,” she said, and it seemed to take her a world of effort to get the words out. “I feel like I didn’t make that clear enough. I care about you, okay?”

I nodded, dazed. “Okay,” I said. “I … care about you, too.”

She didn’t say anything for a second, or even move, and … well, I think it’s clear what I thought would happen next. But it didn’t.

She just hugged me again. This time, she didn’t try to crush the life out of me, and I was able to hug her back.

“Be safe,” she said.

I closed my eyes for a moment. I couldn't comprehend that this was the end. It didn't seem right. After everything I'd gone through lately, it just didn’t feel real. I couldn’t imagine myself waking up the next day and not coming out here to the woods, not seeing Autumn … possibly never seeing Autumn again.

“You, too,” I said. And I hoped she knew how much I meant it.

message 6: by Isaac (new)

Isaac | 8014 comments All of my Ben/Joshua scenes that can work here hahahahahahahhahhahhahahahhahahhahahaha *cries hysterically*

message 7: by Brigid ✩, No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. (new)

Hayden wrote: "All of my Ben/Joshua scenes that can work here hahahahahahahhahhahhahahahhahahhahahaha *cries hysterically*"

YESSSSS

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Are we still doing this?

message 9: by Isaac (new)

Isaac | 8014 comments You can still post if you want, don't worry.

message 10: by Brigid ✩, No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. (new)

Yeah! These topics are all still open, it's just that they're not as active as they used to be lol.