Future Survivors, the Apocalypse Group discussion

Genesis
This topic is about Genesis
Advertise Yourself > Genesis

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andreas (new)

Andreas Laurencius (andreaslaurencius) | 13 comments This promotion is part of a bigger book sale:
www.freebookblast.com

Three days.
More than 30 authors.
More than 40 works for free or 99 cents!!!

Expand your horizon! Grab them all!

message 2: by Andreas (new)

Andreas Laurencius (andreaslaurencius) | 13 comments Giveaway is ongoing!
https://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/sh...

Also, Genesis is FREE every weekend (Pacific Standard Time). Download your copy from Amazon.com:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B013CFGQBG

"I'm not against the concept of Creators/God, I'm against the antiquated beliefs that there are evil things, which are merely axioms we concocted out of our inadequacy as mortal beings, primitive brain, and underdeveloped technology.” – Andreas Laurencius, Genesis.

message 3: by Wendy (last edited Oct 12, 2015 01:21PM) (new)

Wendy Bird | 18 comments If I spent the time to write a 365 page book on a topic of some signifance, I would get a better cover than this. There are places even to get free or really cheap art for covers.

message 4: by Andreas (new)

Andreas Laurencius (andreaslaurencius) | 13 comments Thank you, Wendy, your comment is very kind, shows that you care. You are the second person who brought up this concern. I will remember to do some alterations for the cover for the second edition.

Pls keep in touch.

message 5: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Bird | 18 comments Sure. You do know I'm sure that Kindle or Create Space allows you to change the cover or text at any time. I get so much enjoyment from my Kindle and Cloud reader. I love reading all the new authors that I would not ordinarily get to read if I only had access to mainstream published books. It's like exploring to me. I get to read authors that are good and not so good. What a wonderful time we live in.

message 6: by Andreas (last edited Oct 13, 2015 03:13AM) (new)

Andreas Laurencius (andreaslaurencius) | 13 comments I kinda wanted to make the image stick first, but I will do some alterations for the future. Yes, I have met a lot of friends in our indie authors group. You should download all of the free books on Oct 24, you can check this up on that date:

www.freebookblast.com

message 7: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Bird | 18 comments Thanks. I have a big PA collection already, but I'm always looking for the new find. heh

message 8: by Andreas (last edited Oct 17, 2015 08:35AM) (new)

Andreas Laurencius (andreaslaurencius) | 13 comments Free Genesis. Get your copy for free (today and tomorrow):

Read reviews on goodreads:
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

Got some bullets from one of the readers:
https://www.goodreads.com/book/259443...

•••••

“If we can conquer death and dearth, evil will be no more.

We see that matters are able to evolve and redefining the concept of good and evil shows that we are, and the holy scriptures are no words of God, they are outdated references.

We observe order and patterns within the universe because some parts of the chaos that is the universe are something we love while actually order is not self-existent and the universe doesn't care for us, thus the concept of free will that is vital to its constituents. The universe lets its constituents write what they know, believe what they believe, do what they do, regardless of whether they are true or not.” – Andreas Laurencius, Genesis.

message 9: by Andreas (new)

Andreas Laurencius (andreaslaurencius) | 13 comments CELEBRATE HALLOWEEN WITH #SUPPORTINDIEAUTHORS

Free Reads For Spooksters & Fraidy Cats Alike

30+ Authors, Nearly 50 Books

All Free In This 1-Day-Only Event
(Saturday, October 24, 2015)

Visit www.freebookblast.com

message 10: by Andreas (new)

Andreas Laurencius (andreaslaurencius) | 13 comments “… [T]he key to saving humanity … isn't to do good things.”
― Andreas Laurencius, Genesis, from the author's blog https://www.goodreads.com/author_blog...

Get the novel for free today (Oct 24).

message 11: by Andreas (new)

Andreas Laurencius (andreaslaurencius) | 13 comments Can we afford to live/die without reading GENESIS?
Free today (Nov 14) on Amazon.
"Right and wrong has never been obscure. It is as clear as the future." ― Andreas Laurencius, Genesis.

People of the law think that right and wrong is a matter of perspective. No, they can't be more mistaken. Right and wrong is absolute.
Do what even the kings and the presidents and even the Supreme Courts can't: the ability to decide easily.

Read Genesis today.

message 12: by Andreas (new)

Andreas Laurencius (andreaslaurencius) | 13 comments I just wanna say, if you want a prove that devil doesn't exist, I am the prove. Because I have no connection whatsoever with the devil and I have never seen one make contact with me let alone say 'good job'. Yes you may say that 'the devil's greatest trick is making us believe that he doesn't exist'. I don't have the energy to argue with this, let alone to argue with the statement in the bible which conveniently accuses 'the devil' of being the mother of all liars and says that 'eating' knowledge is the mother of all sins. Let's be stupid and kill one another in the name of religion's teachings, shall we?

And here I stand and I'd want to accuse religion as the mother of all foolishness, and therefore, stupid stubborn f***. I have to say 'I'd want' to prevent a lawsuit but again they can't sue me because this is my opinion and I have the rights to do far worse things than accusing them. Why? Because I have prove and my prove is justice backed up by science and what do they have? They have billions of bloods on their hands.

Final question: why do you think I named the virus that ended the world Shy-9999?

Not the answer (or is it?): maybe religion and its afterlife concept is a set of rationale our selfish selves made to justify the dying of other people and prevent population boost, while physics has told us that no particle cares about good or evil, only us humans and God has never talked to us directly (it's always 'through' different persons and these persons spoke different things).

I also want to say that I'm a very fearful man. The first time the book was published I didn't write down the beginning part of the blurb which says "there is no good or evil…". You can ask #### because he's among the first ones to review it. Why? First: I'm very considerate of our community. And you can see that I'm quite a good man. I do social works. I have a hard time asking for compensations for my medical service, I can present a lot of people who will testify to this. Second: I fear for my life. There are a lot of people who won't like the book (1. the stupid riches, because according to my book, wasting resources is wrong, and 2. the religious). They can kill me if they don't find what's inside my head to be valuable.

I WON'T PROMOTE MY BOOK ANY FURTHER. November 28, 2015 is the last time it'll be free to download. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B013CFGQBG I've done my part changing the world with my writings. It's up to community, they want it, keep it, they don't want it, burn it. Now it's time I do the science part. And you have to know that my judgment is very well-pondered and I will cooperate as long as the government doesn't kill anybody anymore. I know that population boost isn't something we look forward to so we can keep the memories in certain 'files' until we are ready with a new earth.

Pls support the research for the sake of justice on earth and our survival as a whole, as intelligent beings and not stupid f***ing dinosaurs:
https://www.goodreads.com/author_blog...

message 13: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Bird | 18 comments Not sure how it is scientific to conclude that, because you have not experienced something, it doesn't exist.

Although I must say that you present yourself much better in your book than you do in your comments.

As far as the government's intention to decrease the world's population, it doesn't seem to be doing a very effective job. As a species, we are incredibly amazing, as far as overrunning the planet and being on top of the food chain. Even though we are in a battle with microbes/bacteria, we still manage to stay prolific. Not that a pandemic could not take us all out someday, but, so far, someone or something seems to be on our side.

All aside, you seem to be a very interesting person.

message 14: by Andreas (new)

Andreas Laurencius (andreaslaurencius) | 13 comments Thank you, again, Wendy. I see people die, and nothing prevents them from experiencing every consequences that are due to the law of physics and biology and chemistry except medicine and of course love.

Science does a better job than the old scriptures do. Look at our world. It's full of corruption and people's killing each other. Religion doesn't work. This is because old literatures are just that: old. And it fails us, except for the extremely few miracles, which physics can explain why it happens: there's a non-zero albeit infinitesimal chance a speeding asteroid can miss its trajectory from hitting an object, or cancer cells can disappear. Einstein hated this side of quantum physics. There is no law in it. He couldn't predict it to a point of certainty. It is so random. There's no formula that can predict to a point of certainty the properties of any particle. Einstein hated it, he said "God doesn't play dice with the world". And sound influences reality so prayers work.

There is no pattern. We see pattern and we tend to make up one when we don't see any (e.g. the concept of purposeful design) because we love something and hate the other thing. The truth is: it's all chaos and there is no divine intervention. We see a beautiful landscape and say that it was created by God, it's because we love it. What we don't see is the fact that we are surrounded by water that kills us if we drink it. We see that there is the sun and the moon and the earth is placed in the perfect distance from them so that an atmosphere and water could form. What we don't see is that this configuration of planet and solar system is only one in billions of possibilities and there is no other earth as far as the eyes can see. And this is consistent with the law of quantum physics: there is a possibility that life can form, and that possibility is infinitesimal.

Physics did it. God didn't do anything. If God had done it, he would have made two earths at least, or an alien, thus confirming that He is there and there is a divine intervention that defies the law of physics.

Physics can explain everything including abiogenesis (this is discussed in the Life on The Edge book where quantum physics is proposed to be the breath behind biomolecular activities). Don't we agree that the cell in the lab which is the result of culturing is the same cell from the "original" cell (e.g. the HeLa cells that have been used extensively, are the same cells as their mother cells which were taken from a cancer victim named Henrietta Lacks). They are the same, otherwise we won't be able to use them for research, and furthermore, this cell replication also happens inside the body, otherwise we won't grow, so the child-cell is just as alive as the parent-cell.
But then we take it to the next level: we say that the cells that are part of a whole (our body) have a soul that will go to either heaven or hell, but a cell individually doesn't have a soul (a woman's egg cell got killed every month). Who are we to say that God has the shape and characteristics of a human and loves human? Where is the fairness in that? Why isn't God the shape of an alien who hates us? To make things up is stupidity, isn't it?

Aren't humanbeings so proud of themselves that they call their small existence the only thing that matters in the entire universe? And that this universe was created for them? It wouldn't be fair to the dolphins at least.

And shouldn't we laugh at the fact that God has never spoken to us. If he's an intelligent being, why didn't he ever tell the truth to all of us directly. It's always through different persons and these persons spoke different things.

Human is alone. There's no divine intervention. Tell me one act of God that shows that he exists. In the old days, we say that lightning is God's wrath, now we know that it is electricity. I beg the world to please evolve, and make this world a better place. Science is the answer, as it has answered our lightning question. Did god answer our lightning question? No. Did god change anything by dying on the cross? No. Science does. Science will give us food, shelters, even the true forgiveness, e.g.: when my patient suffers a stroke from high blood pressure, science forgives her by not letting her get worse, or is it god?

My grandparents are devoted Catholics and my mother is a christian pastor, still. I was raised in a christian family and I used to serve the church and I almost never skipped church.

What we know in the past has failed us. The holy scriptures are also science somehow, because it shows us what we know in the past. But it doesn't work. People don't understand what matters. They mystify the concept of soul, they say that gayness is against the will of god. Are we to say that gay people should be cast to hell? My book certainly disagrees, but the holy scriptures say so. The definition of right and wrong I give is beautiful, it's simple, it's scientific, and it's helpful. And it's certainly better than what the old scriptures give. And it works in building a better world.

message 15: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Bird | 18 comments Andreas wrote: "Thank you, again, Wendy. I see people die, and nothing prevents them from experiencing every consequences that are due to the law of physics and biology and chemistry except medicine and of course ..."

It's certainly an established fact that the body dies no matter what. That isn't really the question though is it? What occupies us is, does anything exist apart from the body that can survive that is incorporeal. Is there a spirit, is there a soul? Not much proof of it except people's visions and perhaps our experience of what is called ghosts.

But as for what scientific proof can recommend existence after death, if there is a *lifeforce*, soul or spirit, whatever you want to call it, it is already a scientific law that energy is eternal and can neither be created or destroyed. So what is the soul, spirit, God? This energy so-called? Does it have intelligence? Does life energy work against chaos so that it/both exist? Can we say definitively yes or no? If so, how do we know for sure that there is or isn't?

We have things that were created/came into being that work and work eternally until they wear out. More of the same come into being and they still continue to operate as the previous things, subject to physical laws that also always seem to operate eternally until they expire at some point. Should the universe operate with order despite chaos garbling it? Chaos presumably existed first. What brought out out of it? Well, we have our theories.

Can something without physicality exist? Can it do anything if it does? Can we measure, see or touch a thought? Yet mind and thought is one of the greatest powers. A person can dream, envision a building, a town and from that thought, it comes into being. Einstein practiced something quite *unscientific* to apprehend or solve equations and theories. The Gedanken Experiment, one of his most famous, imagining himself out in the universe a light beam. It proved instrumental in his development of special relativity. Yeah, imagination.
Quantum physics tells us that if we can imagine something that is either already has existed, exists presently somewhere or will exist in the future. How can human imagination do this? And if it can as QP says, does this mean the universe is intelligent, since it not only contains everything, but how it comes into being and how it operates. What is the mind? Does it exist? Is information stored there? Certainly not the popular image of "God", but what is it? Do we name it anything? It certainly operates autonomously.

One man experiences God, another experiences nothing. Which is true? Both? Neither?

A man who believes in God does know there is divine intervention. On call? No. But what is?

Why do more people experience God(s) than do not? Does that make it true? It can't really make it true for those who don't. Do believers deny their experience because some don't or can't have it? Hardly. God is not going anywhere soon and neither is religion, although man would perhaps be better without the latter. That codifying more often than not comes out wrong or disastrous. God and religion is too *natural* to man to be denied or eradicated. Man is also an animal. Can he also deny that?

Science and the development of humanity (ethics) has a lot to do with man acquiring more reason, yet still his passion reigns and so does his religion. How do you tell someone not to believe when they do. Maybe some believe for the wrong reasons. They are afraid of death. They want *someone/anyone* to be there. It's hard to be alone. They want more life than they have. Maybe there is more life than we have while alive in the body, yet we cannot truly know it without having left the body. Catch 22.

Since you gave your personal information I will also. Although my parents were *Catholic* and we knew they believed in God, they were not religious. We did not go to church or give much time to God or religious things. Yet as one grows older, the questions of life cause you to explore within; the soul, God, afterlife?

I have never been fond of religious moralisms. It isn't in my nature. I have my humanity above everything, whether a God or religion approves or not. How can I not be me? It wouldn't make sense.
I do agree with you on most of what you say about the problem and trouble of religion and how scripture is misused and misinterpreted to the point of cruelty and insanity.

I love science more than I did when I was a child. To me there is a purity and even holiness about it. Can it teach us how to live with each other? I sure don't know. Is there a morality in science? Beyond practicality, I don't think so and practicality isn't always humane. Oh well, it was interesting. I can see you are trying to do some good, so more power to you.

message 16: by Andreas (new)

Andreas Laurencius (andreaslaurencius) | 13 comments I will answer the questions, but pls remember I don't want to risk our friendship :).

Wendy wrote: "Not much proof of it except people's visions and perhaps our experience of what is called ghosts."
Visions and ghost can be explained by science. Now, heaven and hell can't be explained by science.

it is already a scientific law that energy is eternal and can neither be created or destroyed. So what is the soul, spirit, God? This energy so-called? Does it have intelligence? Does life energy work against chaos so that it/both exist? Can we say definitively yes or no? If so, how do we know for sure that there is or isn't?"
Soul isn't a scientific term. Ok, let's say it is, maybe there is an external life force (which I think will be soon proved to be nonexistent), the possible existence of this force doesn't even matter. I will tell you why. Energy can't be destroyed but this doesn't mean that if we crush someone by death penalty, the consciousness of that someone will stay, it certainly doesn't. So , soul doesn't matter, the externak force doesn't matter, what matters is CONSCIOUSNESS. If we lose our toe (knock on the table) it's gone isn't it? We can't rub 'the blank space' where it once was and say 'hey it's still there, I am conscious that it's there.
No difference with our head.

More of the same come into being and they still continue to operate as the previous things, subject to physical laws that also always seem to operate eternally until they expire at some point. Should the universe operate with order despite chaos garbling it?
The sun will continue to operate until a couple biklion years, from the look of our science now, humans won't last a quarter as long.

Can we measure, see or touch a thought? Yet mind and thought is one of the greatest powers. A person can dream, envision a building, a town and from that thought, it comes into being. Einstein practiced something quite *unscientific* to apprehend or solve equations and theories.
Yes we can. It's neurons. Well not right now, this is what I think President Obama is trying to do with the brain project.

One man experiences God, another experiences nothing. Which is true? Both? Neither?
we know of course experience is subjective and doesn't qualify as an objective truth.

Science and the development of humanity (ethics) has a lot to do with man acquiring more reason, yet still his passion reigns and so does his religion. How do you tell someone not to believe when they do. Maybe some believe for the wrong reasons. They are afraid of death. They want *someone/anyone* to be there. It's hard to be alone. They want more life than they have. Maybe there is more life than we have while alive in the body, yet we cannot truly know it without having left the body. Catch 22.
My suggestion would be: let science be our new religion.

Since you gave your personal information I will also. Although my parents were *Catholic* and we knew they believed in God, they were not religious. We did not go to church or give much time to God or religious things. Yet as one grows older, the questions of life cause you to explore within; the soul, God, afterlife?
Thank you for sharing this. Let's hold God accountable for our questions. But again, God is silent.

I have never been fond of religious moralisms. It isn't in my nature. I have my humanity above everything, whether a God or religion approves or not. How can I not be me? It wouldn't make sense.
This is because religions are teachings of people of the past. And we comply to this. They persecuted witches and gays. They should've known better if they had known standard biology and physics and chemistry.

I love science more than I did when I was a child. To me there is a purity and even holiness about it. Can it teach us how to live with each other? I sure don't know.
I love science too. And it has helped us. Science is the only one that does (given that it has explains why prayers and miracles work). It can teach us how to live with one another now that I write "Don't cause illness or death, and don't cause lack of things).

Beyond practicality, I don't think so and practicality isn't always humane.
If that practicality is ignorance, it is NOT humane. Religions are the ones that deal with practicality "It's God".

I can see you are trying to do some good, so more power to you.
Thank you. I can't thank you enough. It can't be fair that I will be burned in hell for this, can it?

message 17: by Andreas (new)

Andreas Laurencius (andreaslaurencius) | 13 comments I decided I'd just write a blog post and let the discussion take place there.
https://www.goodreads.com/author_blog...

So people who aren't willing to dig further won't be exposed to it.

Future Survivors, the Apocalypse Group

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Genesis (other topics)