YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > Need a Recommendation!

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kirby (new)

Kirby Beaton (kirbybeaton) Hi! I have been running into bad luck with my book choices lately and could use some recs! I would love something similar to the Mortal Instruments series (funny, fantasy, romance, etc.) but anything really great will do :) Thanks!

message 2: by Sera (new)

Sera | 5 comments Have you tried the Infernal Devices series it's kind of a prequel to the Mortal instruments

Clockwork Angel
Clockwork Prince
Clockwork Princess

message 3: by Sera (new)

Sera | 5 comments I agree I liked this one a lot
Under Different Stars Under Different Stars (Kricket, #1) by Amy A. Bartol
and the 2nd book
Sea of Stars Sea of Stars (Kricket, #2) by Amy A. Bartol

Amy Bartols other series is good tooInescapable Inescapable (The Premonition, #1) by Amy A. Bartol [

message 4: by Olivia (new)

Olivia Throne of Glass! I finished the first book recently, and it was fantastic. You will not be disappointed.

message 5: by Shelby (new)

Shelby | 23 comments I agree with Obsidian. The whole series is pretty funny and will keep you laughing.

Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1) by Susan Ee Bound (The Crystor, #1) by C.K. Bryant Something Witchy This Way Comes (Something Witchy, #1) by Veronica Blade Captured (The Captive, #1) by Erica Stevens White Hot Kiss (The Dark Elements, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires, #1) by Rachel Caine Prince of Wolves (The Grey Wolves, #1) by Quinn Loftis Shifting Shadows (Sparks Collide, #1) by Amanda Kelly

I hope you find something you like!

message 6: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Mcarton | 2 comments Percy Jackson series, Vampire Academy series, the 5th wave and the gone series

message 7: by Kirby (new)

Kirby Beaton (kirbybeaton) Olivia wrote: "Throne of Glass! I finished the first book recently, and it was fantastic. You will not be disappointed."

I'm caught up with that series! Can't wait for the new one haha. Def love it though :)

message 8: by Kirby (new)

Kirby Beaton (kirbybeaton) Shelby wrote: "I agree with Obsidian. The whole series is pretty funny and will keep you laughing.

Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1) by Susan EeBound (The Crystor, #1) by C.K. Bryant[bookcover:Something Witchy This Way Com..."

thanks! lots to choose from :)

message 9: by Kirby (new)

Kirby Beaton (kirbybeaton) Sera wrote: "Have you tried the Infernal Devices series it's kind of a prequel to the Mortal instruments

Clockwork Angel
Clockwork Prince
Clockwork Princess"

Well I clearly love her so I'm sure this series is good! Thanks

message 10: by Maria (new)

Maria (mariasaleem) | 891 comments The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) by Rick Riordan has both humour and fantasy :)

message 11: by Saki3 (new)

Saki3 Harry Potter, in case you never read it (the horror!)
Fangirl, it's cute.
Rook, it's really awesome! but it may not have the humor...
Raven Cycle series, i'm waiting for the last book coming out in april! it has the humor and the fun and adventure you want
illusive, it has superheros and the will to keep on going!
dark star, i forget the details but i remember the gist of it.
if you need more look into my book list. though i am kind of an animefreak

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.