♥ Nothing Better Than Reading!! ♥ discussion

General Archives > Deciding on the Series!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 89 (89 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
This is where we can decide which series to read. Let's not fight over this and let's stick to one golden rule : if a single series is backed by 4 or more people, a thread can be created for that series and further discussions about that series can continue there.

There is no time limit to finishing the series, it depends completely on those who are reading it.

message 2: by Ishi (new)

Ishi Bhanot | 5637 comments Amazing initiative Ruchi! :)

Lemme start! Anyone interested in Princess Diaries or Vampire Diaries series?

message 3: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
Thank you :))

Princess Diaries hmmm...won't it be a bit too kiddish? :P :/

message 4: by Ishi (new)

Ishi Bhanot | 5637 comments It'll be :P

But I recently read Ransom My Heart and its Introduction and About the author made me nostalgic about the first time I read Princess Diaries XD

Vampire Diaries isn't so kiddish, I hope?? :P

message 5: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
Oh well okay :D I've always been reluctant to touch touch the princess diaries series...too kiddish and chick-litty I suppose :P

And I've kinda read the first few books of Vampire Diaries tho I could reread again from the start :))

message 6: by Ishi (new)

Ishi Bhanot | 5637 comments Haha. I like chicklit I think. Well, sort of :P

And that's great :D
I've been thinking about that series since quite some time :))

Oh and there's the Lunar Chronicles series too that I have to read!!

message 7: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
Ok we could read that provided a few more ppl join in :))

I'll send a broadcast by tomorrow, let's see who all come over to this thread :P

And I've read Lunar Chronicles, found it absolutely amazing:))

message 8: by Ishi (new)

Ishi Bhanot | 5637 comments I'm sure many people will turn up :P
After all, this is a new initiative :D
And this group is managed so well..:)

Glad to find yet another positive review of Lunar Chronicles :)

message 9: by Dominique (new)

Dominique I have the Lunar Chronicles in my TBr so l`m in if it becomes the Group read

Just another Fangirl (fangirl4ever101) | 48 comments I support the lunar chronicles.
also how about the gone series??

message 11: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
I'd like to read the Gone series.

message 12: by Ishi (new)

Ishi Bhanot | 5637 comments Gone sounds good to me too!

message 13: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
So...should I make the threads? Everyone, in?

message 14: by Jenny (new)

Jenny | 140 comments i'm also in for Lunar Chronicles or Gone series!

Just another Fangirl (fangirl4ever101) | 48 comments yep I'm in for lunar and gone

message 17: by Dominique (new)

Dominique The Gone series looks interesting. Might join in on this series too

message 18: by Luffy (new)

Luffy (monkey-d-luffy) Great idea, this. But I quit reading Lunar Chronicles after a while. I'll hang around and wait for more incomers.

message 19: by Risha (new)

Risha (chickoo) I think I would go for Lunar Chronicles since I have been wanting to finish it long back.

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) Anyone else but me not read the Divergent series? I have them to read, friend loaned them to me, but havent' started yet.

message 21: by Dominique (new)

Dominique Erin (Paperback stash) *is juggle-reading* wrote: "Anyone else but me not read the Divergent series? I have them to read, friend loaned them to me, but havent' started yet."

I started the series, i still have the last one to read

message 22: by Danielle (new)

Danielle Brewster | 2 comments I read them! They were... Amazing!

message 23: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer i have an idea for a series....
Bloodlines series by Richelle Mead.
I haven't read it yet but I just finished Vampire Academy and need an excuse to read it. Lol. :)

message 24: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Lunar Chronicals sound great! I actually just bought the first book today too....☺

message 25: by Alison (new)

Alison (a1ison74) | 418 comments Throne of Glass is a really good series if anyone fancies it. I've read the first two but would love to join in a group read to discuss.

I also really want to read court of thorns but only the first one out so far. Could be a very slow series read :)

message 26: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
Alison wrote: "Throne of Glass is a really good series if anyone fancies it. I've read the first two but would love to join in a group read to discuss.

I also really want to read court of thorns but only the fir..."

I really want to read Throne of Glass...but not right now. I've got a lot to read presently :/
Maybe in September?

message 27: by Brianna (new)

Brianna Andreda | 18 comments I listened to the audiobook of the Princess Diaries last month and I loved it. I guess it's because Anne Hathaway is the narrator. I love it and don't think it is too kiddish.

I would love to do The Vampire Diaries, I only read the first book and never got around to finishing the series.

message 28: by Brianna (new)

Brianna Andreda | 18 comments Erin I haven't finished the Divergent series yet either. I've only read the first book. I'm currently trying to finish The Selection Series. I only have The Heir left

message 29: by Juyee (new)

Juyee (juyee_98) | 16 comments How about the Red Queen series by Victoria Aveyard?
Although I am perfectly okay with starting Lunar Chronicles too. :D

message 30: by Alison (new)

Alison (a1ison74) | 418 comments I've been wanting to read Red Queen for ages so I'd be up for that.

message 31: by Kerry (new)

Kerry Babbitt (kerryb678) | 1 comments Jennifer wrote: "i have an idea for a series....
Bloodlines series by Richelle Mead.
I haven't read it yet but I just finished Vampire Academy and need an excuse to read it. Lol. :)"

I started the first book in the Bloodlines series awhile ago, but stopped. I still definitely want to read these, so I would be interested. :)

message 32: by Gabrielle (new)

Gabrielle (gabbilupe2012) | 144 comments I haven't heard of either series lunar or gone will look them up I'm currently reading 3 books and have like 4 I start and stop smh

message 33: by Gabrielle (new)

Gabrielle (gabbilupe2012) | 144 comments I haven't read divergent trilogy yet either I want to I think I'll buy the set on Kindle app great place for ebooks

message 34: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
I'm thinking of beginning with the Caster Chronicles series...anyone interested? Tho I won't start till late September...

message 35: by Dominique (new)

Dominique Ruchi wrote: "I'm thinking of beginning with the Caster Chronicles series...anyone interested? Tho I won't start till late September..."

I might join in.. I saw the movie and it was not bad.

message 36: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
To Kill A Mockingbird and Go Set A Watchman - anyone wanna read?

message 37: by Janessa (new)

Janessa | 492 comments I am currently reading To Kill A Mockingbird, not that interested in reading Go Set The Watchman, sorry. Have Divergent on my TBR if anyone would like to read it together

message 38: by Gabrielle (new)

Gabrielle (gabbilupe2012) | 144 comments Janessa wrote: "I am currently reading To Kill A Mockingbird, not that interested in reading Go Set The Watchman, sorry. Have Divergent on my TBR if anyone would like to read it together"

Divergent is on my list as well

message 39: by Gabrielle (new)

Gabrielle (gabbilupe2012) | 144 comments Ruchi wrote: "To Kill A Mockingbird and Go Set A Watchman - anyone wanna read?"

When would you like to read it?

message 40: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
Gabrielle wrote: "Ruchi wrote: "To Kill A Mockingbird and Go Set A Watchman - anyone wanna read?"

When would you like to read it?"

September end?

message 41: by Gabrielle (new)

Gabrielle (gabbilupe2012) | 144 comments Gabrielle wrote: "Ruchi wrote: "To Kill A Mockingbird and Go Set A Watchman - anyone wanna read?"

When would you like to read it?"

Im up to reading divergent i guess end September beginning October?

message 42: by Gabrielle (new)

Gabrielle (gabbilupe2012) | 144 comments Dom wrote: "Erin (Paperback stash) *is juggle-reading* wrote: "Anyone else but me not read the Divergent series? I have them to read, friend loaned them to me, but havent' started yet."

I started the series, ..."

I want to start reading this one long over due

message 43: by Gabrielle (new)

Gabrielle (gabbilupe2012) | 144 comments Gabrielle wrote: "Janessa wrote: "I am currently reading To Kill A Mockingbird, not that interested in reading Go Set The Watchman, sorry. Have Divergent on my TBR if anyone would like to read it together"

Divergen..."

When would you start id read it with you. I think one other person mentioned it to

message 44: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
Caster Chronicles....anyone?

message 45: by Dominique (new)

Dominique Gabrielle wrote: "Gabrielle wrote: "Janessa wrote: "I am currently reading To Kill A Mockingbird, not that interested in reading Go Set The Watchman, sorry. Have Divergent on my TBR if anyone would like to read it t..."

I'll join you guys when you start the last one

message 46: by Dominique (new)

Dominique Ruchi wrote: "Caster Chronicles....anyone?"

In october?

message 47: by Gabrielle (new)

Gabrielle (gabbilupe2012) | 144 comments The selection series, red queen or maybe graceling triology?

message 48: by Janessa (new)

Janessa | 492 comments Want to do Divergent in November?

message 49: by Dominique (new)

Dominique Gabrielle wrote: "The selection series, red queen or maybe graceling triology?"

Red Queen only has one book out and a novella out so far.book 2 et 3 says 2016. Should we wait.

I never heard of Graceling but it looks good

message 50: by Jenny (new)

Jenny | 140 comments Janessa wrote: "Want to do Divergent in November?"

i would be able to join if you guys start in mid november.

« previous 1

♥ Nothing Better Than Reading!! ♥

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

City of Bones (other topics)