2015 Reading Challenge [Closed] discussion

. Week 33: Trilogy (2) > Week 33: Progress Post

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zaz, Mood Minion (new)

Zaz | 1387 comments Mod
We are halfway done with Week 33! You are in the middle of your trilogy.

This discussion thread is solely for your progress. (Book discussions go in individual threads.)

Which trilogy are you reading?

What is the title of the 2nd book?

Did you enjoy the book?

Which book did you prefer between the 1st and the 2nd?

message 2: by Silvia (new)

Silvia Turcios | 304 comments Which trilogy are you reading? Legend Trilogy by Marie Lu

What is the title of the 2nd book?Prodigy

Did you enjoy the book?A lot!

Which book did you prefer between the 1st and the 2nd? Mmmmh, that's a difficult desition. I loved the first part of the first book, but didn't like the second part. The second book is well balanced, but without big surprises... maybe one in the end. I would say the second book.

message 3: by Zaz, Mood Minion (new)

Zaz | 1387 comments Mod
Which trilogy are you reading? Riyria Revelation

What is the title of the 2nd book? Rise of Empire (books 3 and 4 in an omnibus)

Did you enjoy the book?
I've a mitigated opinion about this one, the 1st part was focused on a character I don't like and the 2nd spent a lot of time on a ship which really doesn't interest me. Some parts were nice and I liked to spend more time with the 2 heroes, but I was happy to see the end.

The 1st had more humor and was more fun but lacked some quality in the writing. The 2nd had the good writing but a not really interesting story. So, the 1st!

message 4: by Andreea (new)

Andreea | 23 comments Which trilogy are you reading?
I've read The Scorch Trials by James Dashner

The Scorch Trials

Did you enjoy the book?
Yes, but it had its moments I didn't like.

The first

message 5: by Jean (last edited Aug 20, 2015 01:04PM) (new)

Jean Cole (joc724) | 115 comments Which trilogy are you reading? The Lewis Trilogy: The Blackhouse, The Lewis Man, The Chessmen by Peter May

What is the title of the 2nd book? The Lewis Man

Did you enjoy the book? Yes very much.

Which book did you prefer between the 1st and the 2nd? Hard to say. Enjoyed them both. I'll go with the first one but that may be because I read the whole thing on a rainy Saturday and it was the perfect book for that.

message 6: by Krysta (new)

Krysta | 115 comments Which trilogy are you reading? Divergent Trilogy

What is the title of the 2nd book? Insurgent

Did you enjoy the book? Yes.

Which book did you prefer between the 1st and the 2nd? I liked the first book better.

message 7: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 225 comments Which trilogy are you reading?
The Dragon Age Series

The Calling

Did you enjoy the book?
Not nearly as much as the first one.

1st one is better written, but the 2nd one has better character development and interactions so..I don't know. I would read the first one again, I don't think I would read the second, so probably the 1st.

message 8: by Erica (new)

Erica | 214 comments Which trilogy are you reading?
His Dark Materials

The Subtle Knife

Did you enjoy the book?
Yes.

I think the second one. Less of a focus on Lyra and many interesting things happening.

message 9: by Megan (new)

Megan (bookworm_booklover) | 170 comments Which trilogy are you reading?

The Ruby Red Trilogy!

Sapphire Blue

Did you enjoy the book?

Yes and No. I really like the world that this series takes place in. I like the idea of a secret society time traveling and the idea of fancy costumes and everything. I don't like that this is a series where they all have to be read together to actually have a progressive story. This book didn't really have anything happening in it so I'm hoping the next will give me all of my answers.

The first I think. It's hard to say, not much happens in either. At least in the first we're learning about the world and the time traveling.

message 10: by Jody (new)

Jody (jodybell) | 531 comments Which trilogy are you reading? His Dark Materials

What is the title of the 2nd book? The Subtle Knife

Did you enjoy the book? Yes, it was my favourite of the trilogy, but that's not really saying much!

Which book did you prefer between the 1st and the 2nd? Definitely this one, the second. Not so much Lyra, who is one of the most irritating characters I've read in a very long time.

message 11: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (mich2689) | 122 comments Which trilogy are you reading? Dragonlance: Chronicles

What is the title of the 2nd book? Dragons of Winter Night

Did you enjoy the book? It was ok.

Which book did you prefer between the 1st and the 2nd? I think I liked them equally.

message 12: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 186 comments Which trilogy are you reading? Alaskan Royal Family by MaryJanice Davidson

What is the title of the 2nd book? The Royal Pain

Did you enjoy the book? So much that I read it in one day!

Which book did you prefer between the 1st and the 2nd? I liked them both just as much.