Start by marking “Sapphire Blue (Precious Stone Trilogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Sapphire Blue (Precious Stone Trilogy, #2)

Sapphire Blue

(Edelstein-Trilogie #2)

4.17  ·  Rating details ·  97,458 ratings  ·  5,956 reviews
Gwen’s life has been a rollercoaster since she discovered she was the Ruby, the final member of the secret time-traveling Circle of Twelve. In between searching through history for the other time-travelers and asking for a bit of their blood (gross!), she’s been trying to figure out what all the mysteries and prophecies surrounding the Circle really mean.

At least
Published October 31st 2012 by Square Fish (first published January 5th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Sapphire Blue, please sign up.
Elizabeth The easy answer, and one that'll make everyone most comfortable, is No. They are from SEPERATE time-traveler lineages

{Spoiler}
As revealed in book 3, T…more

{Spoiler}
As revealed in book 3, They actually share great-grandparents/great-great-grandparents (different number of generations between the two lines) through Gwen's father. That means they're *4th* cousins OR *0.20%* related (as in 2/1000).
They are not, by any means, closely related. This is the type of thing normal families wouldn't even realize because you have to go so far back, but these characters do know because their family trees are religiously monitored.(less)
Taylah-ann If anyone wants to watch the English subtitled version of the German(?) movie based on this book here is the link: http://www.thedarehub.com/tv/watch/…moreIf anyone wants to watch the English subtitled version of the German(?) movie based on this book here is the link: http://www.thedarehub.com/tv/watch/sa...
Not all the sentences are grammatically correct but the film itself is fairly easily to follow. :)
Enjoy
(less)

·  97,458 ratings  ·  5,956 reviews

Start your review of Sapphire Blue (Precious Stone Trilogy, #2)
Kai Spellmeier
“Unfortunately it's an incontrovertible fact that sound common sense flies out of the window as soon as love comes in through the door.”

Even better than Ruby Red. Because of Xemerius(why didn't she introduce him in the first book?)and because of that hilarious ball where Gwyneth/Gwendolyn (which is her actual name in the German and original version of this book) is getting incredibly drunk and does...things she definitely wouldn't do when sober.
I rarely have this much fun when reading a book but
Amy
Apr 29, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ya, german
Oh my gosh, do I really have to wait for OCTOBER for this book to be translated into English???? AHHH! I'm so excited. And I suppose by October I'll be stuck back in dinky Dayton so I'll have to wait even longer to get my hands on a copy.
^.^
Maybe I should just re-read Ruby Red...

Finished 12/28/12
*sigh*
So much potential. So, so much potential. Unfortunately, it doesn't live up to it.
The plot is still interesting. In fact, its creative and fun and quite enjoyable.
But the characters!
Oi.
The char
shre ♡
Sep 06, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It’s hard to believe the number of bloggers and readers out there that haven’t heard about this wonderful young adult series. Ruby Red, the first book, brought to us an adventure that included time-traveling, secrets, carriages, evil barons, and a little bit of romance. Sapphire Blue continues on from there with double the trouble, triple the action, and quadruple the romance! The characters were once again, very engaging, and I had no problem with getting hooked into the story. Time-travel book ...more
Ferdy
Spoilers

I didn't really like this, it irritated the hell out of me. The heroine, Gwen, could have been a decent character had it not been for the ghastly romance and the vile love interest (the douche dick Gideon). Every time Gwen was near Gideon or thought about him (which was most of the time), I lost respect for her. She was weak, pathetic and desperate. He treated her like utter shit and the dumb bitch let him, she would be mad and upset when he acted like bastard but as soon as she saw him
laur gluchie
I've had a few days to compose my thoughts, and because it's late I will be posting the full review tomorrow. As for now...

My Thoughts, Compiled as Neatly and Efficiently as Possible at 11 PM on Finals Week:
- This book was not as good as Ruby Red in my opinion, even though I still enjoyed it. Really hoping Emerald Green is better.
- I! Love! Gideon! He is my baby!!!
- I'm still in love with the time travel. (view spoiler)
Christine Riccio
Sep 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed the book but, I have so many questions! Just posted my full book discussion: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaZuuI... ! So excited for book 3! ...more
paige
"Don't forget that when you shout the echo comes back the same."

°•*⁀➷

Okay - that ending?!? Crazy!!!

This book was quite the little whirlwind of emotions. I don't know how Gwen is handling so much information all at once, but I think fantasy characters are so much better suited to handling crazy situations than I ever could be. It's been the craziest week of her life and she's in love with a boy who seems to be playing a two sided sword. I'm glad that I know he isn't, and can't wait to see where t
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱*Might Contains Spoilers*⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

Re-read: 07.01.2022
Here is where I truly felt like this series was a YA series. Why? Well for the stupid insta-love and the 'I love you's' after a week. The jealousy, the childish behavior of an immature teenager and the "he doesn't love me" attitude = too much. I have to admit that I skimmed quite a bit of this book. I lost interest fast and there was just too much information and I just want them to get to the fucking point. All the not telling the
✨ A ✨
Sapphire Blue picks up right after Ruby Red. it’s been a few days since Gwen Shephard discovered that she, not her cousin Charlotte, inherited the “time-travel gene” that manifests in one girl of each generation in their family. The Montrose-Shephard family have assumed till now that Charlotte was the one with the power, and trained her since infancy accordingly. But it’s really been Gwen all along, and she is utterly unprepared.

There’s a sinister conspiracy that spans the centuries, about to c
leynes
May 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
HIC RHODOS, HIC SALTA, BITCHES! All in all, book 2 was a little weaker than book 1 ... because the plot is just so damn slow-going ... but it was still a hell of a ride and so much fun to read. Also, I like book 2 much more than its movie adaption because for some weird reason they decided to seriously SEX UP this movie ... when in fact, its target audience is 14-year-old girls... I am confusion. The book is so pure, so there's no need for that??? Like, at all??

Anyways, like I said, not much hap
Gwen
I. Need. The. Part. Three. Now.

We get more time travels than in the first book, that one was definitely the introductory book to this world...
Also finally we discover the meaning of something that has been mentioned in the prophecy, which I believe it was pretty obvious since the first time it was mentioned but ... it is what it is. We will get some answers and more questions too. I suspect that many explanations are being saved for the third and last part.
Overall, the plot is quite simple. Thi
Carie
Jan 19, 2013 rated it liked it
Arghh.

I like this series, I do. WIth a few complaints. My biggest complaint is that it is a series, instead of a single book. Not much happened it the first and frankly not a whole lot happens in the second. I got SO (in all caps!) tired of no one telling Gwen anything. Eventually some things are revealed. Ish. But you shouldn't have to read 2 books in the series to start getting answers.

Yes, I'll read the next. As long as my complaints are duly noted.
Regan
Dec 21, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-owned-read
STILL SUPER FUN
Constantine
Rating: ⭐⭐ ½
Genre: Fantasy + Young Adult

This is the second book in the Precious Stone trilogy. Gwyneth here is still finding it difficult to understand and learn the basic principles behind time traveling. There is a new demon character that appears in this installment (Xemerius) and only Gwen is able to see him. This demon has a major role and influence in this book.

I struggled while reading this book. Have been switching between the physical book and the audiobook. It is too hard to immerse i
Fenia
WOW!!! :O *forever crying* This book was just as great as the first one!!! I loved it. I laughed. I cried. Loved it. I'm so obsessed with this series!! Few spoilers ahead:

I loved the soiree and the singing? i laughed so hard in this scene!! Gwen drunk?? So funny!!! Gideon? Still in love with him..but he really pissed me off!! At the end though..well he does love her. right? he loves her. right?? right?? *crying again* I just can't with all the feels!!! My poor sweet Gwen is so miserable and hur
Giulia

This series is so fun to read! It's fast-paced and humorous, with witty characters and the cutest romance. I'm having a blast reading it! I would write something more articulate, but you know, book three is already waiting for me...
Maymay
Jan 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
This book is a good sequel to Ruby Red. It's a light read that will have you laugh hysterically. There is a lot more time travel in this one and some interesting details of the prophecy are revealed.

In the first book, Gwen seemed a bit immature for her age, and she doesn't really evolve in that regard in this book. I think that is probably the main reason I gave the overall series 4 stars instead of 5. Even though Gwen is hilarious, she is not a great role model or heroine. She lacks a tiny bit
I still love these books - I'm so happy! Maybe part of it is nostalgia, but I haven't been this entertained in a while. I read quite a bit of this on my rides to and from university and I must've been quite the sight to the people on the train. I constantly had to force myself not to laugh out loud, but couldn't stop myself from grinning every other page. Gwen's thoughts and comments made my day. The sass! Rereading this, it turns out, has been one of my smarter decisions. ...more
Grace A.
Aug 21, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read the entire book in an afternoon. Gwyneth’s story continues to intrigue me, and I am beginning to root for Gwyneth and Gideon’s young love. The secret society still doesn’t trust Gwyneth and she’s taken matters into her hands with a lot of help from her dear friend Lesley. What’s confusing is, the count, the founder of the society, who is a chauvinist prick, is clearly the antagonist, but a new character was introduced, Alistair, who is just as fiercely dangerous to the time travellers. I ...more
Krystal Bond
May 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Despite not being able to put this book down, I still have to give it only 4 stars. I still have so many questions about all of the mysteries that they seem to keep adding onto but giving essentially zero information about. I truly hope the third and final installment answers all questions and I can give it a solid 5 star rating. Otherwise I still recommend these books, because they are interesting and the characters all very likable. I've enjoyed it overall so far. ...more
Suzzie
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book just set up for a great conclusion. I can already tell! Now if the person who has the third book of this series at my library will finally return it I could finish the series! I love time travel books because of the added element of history. I generally am not too big into historical fiction so when it is added to fantasy I actually eat it up. This series has great blend of fantasy, history, and romance. I seriously cannot wait for book 3 from my library!
Hailey (Hailey in Bookland)
3.5*

I kept waiting. And waiting. And waiting. BUT NOTHING EVER REALLY HAPPENED. These books are so well written, I love the characters, but there's just no action. *sigh* I will read Emerald Green though because I feel like since it's the conclusion it will have some action (hopefully)
Martina
Jun 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Whoa that escalated quickly... I can't wait to see the end of it. ...more
Zainab
Gwendolyn and Gideon, a constant back and forth and in between, time travel and the mystery of the Count of St. Germain. Gwendolyn tries to find out many things with the help of her deceased grandfather, but Gideon is hot on her heels, whether she can trust him lies in the stars. Fortunately, she has her best friend and her demon. With lots of wit and suspense, the second part of the Gemstone Trilogy is also a delight.

poppet.
Jul 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

As usually I finished this book quite long ago (the next day that I finished Ruby Red book and movie) buuut i forgot to put it on my read shelf and because i wanted to finish a review first but i had mixed thoughts (and events) since as soon i finished Sapphire Blue I watched the movie which was so good (im going to admit it now: i liked it better than the book)

Gwendolyn as always was so fun to read I absolutely love her character and with the companion of Xemerius: hell yes. The time traveling
Dee☾
Jun 20, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
SO MANY QUESTIONS!

This was really fun. I thought it was very entertaining and fun. I could do without Gideon giving me whiplash though, but it's okay. I still love him ♥️
Gwen & Gideon ♥️ it's happening!

My full review can be found here
Fátima García
Gideon's bipolarness just freaks me out. ...more
Ryan
"The illimitable, silent, never-resting thing called Time, rolling, rushing on, swift, silent, like an all-embracing ocean-tide, on which we and all the Universe swim like exhalations, like apparitions which are and then are not: this is forever very literally a miracle; a thing to strike us dumb - for we have no word to speak about it."
- Thomas Carlye

Warning: May contain mild spoilers, taking into account that this is the second book in the series.

Gwyneth Sheppard has recently found out that s
Does anyone know if this is being made into a movie? 187 3323 Jan 17, 2018 11:17AM
ENDING!!! SPOILERS!!! 16 281 Jul 31, 2016 10:54AM
Saphirblau Book vs. Movie 9 118 Oct 14, 2015 05:58PM
YA Buddy Readers'...: Sapphire Blue, by Kerstin Gier - Restarting September 10th 2015 59 92 Sep 20, 2015 07:56PM
FANtastical Fiction: Sapphire Blue booktalk | July | Svetlana's pick 9 12 Jul 12, 2015 05:46PM
movie 2 38 Jul 04, 2015 02:32AM

• Save Me (Maxton Hall, #1)
  • Save You (Maxton Hall, #2)
  • Rubinrot - Das offizielle Buch zum Film
  • Die magische Gondel (Zeitenzauber, #1)
  • Das geheime Vermächtnis des Pan (Pan-Trilogie #1)
  • Save Us (Maxton Hall, #3)
  • Die dunkle Prophezeiung des Pan (Pan-Trilogie #2)
  • Anywhere (Dunbridge Academy, #1)
  • Die verborgenen Insignien des Pan (Pan-Trilogie, #3)
  • Zimt und weg (Zimt-Trilogie #1)
  • Zimt und zurück (Zimt-Trilogie #2)
  • Kiss Me Once (Kiss the Bodyguard, #1)
  • Die goldene Brücke (Zeitenzauber, #2)
  • Fabbricante di lacrime
  • Cinder & Ella (Cinder & Ella, #1)
  • Begin Again (Again, #1)
  • Zimt und ewig (Zimt-Trilogie #3)
  • Starcrossed (Starcrossed, #1)
See top shelves…
Kerstin Gier is the bestselling author of the Ruby Red trilogy, as well as several popular novels for adults.

Edelstein-Trilogie (3 books)
  • Rubinrot (Edelstein-Trilogie, #1)
  • Smaragdgrün (Edelstein-Trilogie, #3)