Start by marking “Sapphire Blue (Precious Stone Trilogy, #2)” as Want to Read:
Sapphire Blue (Precious Stone Trilogy, #2)

Sapphire Blue

(Edelstein-Trilogie #2)

4.18  ·  Rating details ·  64,077 ratings  ·  4,856 reviews
Gwen’s life has been a rollercoaster since she discovered she was the Ruby, the final member of the secret time-traveling Circle of Twelve. In between searching through history for the other time-travelers and asking for a bit of their blood (gross!), she’s been trying to figure out what all the mysteries and prophecies surrounding the Circle really mean.

At least Gwen
Published October 31st 2012 by Square Fish (first published January 5th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Sapphire Blue, please sign up.
This answer contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Taylah-ann If anyone wants to watch the English subtitled version of the German(?) movie based on this book here is the link: …moreIf anyone wants to watch the English subtitled version of the German(?) movie based on this book here is the link: http://www.thedarehub.com/tv/watch/sa...
Not all the sentences are grammatically correct but the film itself is fairly easily to follow. :)
Enjoy
(less)

·  64,077 ratings  ·  4,856 reviews

Kai
Apr 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“Unfortunately it's an incontrovertible fact that sound common sense flies out of the window as soon as love comes in through the door.”

Even better than Ruby Red. Because of Xemerius(why didn't she introduce him in the first book?)and because of that hilarious ball where Gwyneth/Gwendolyn (which is her actual name in the German and original version of this book) is getting incredibly drunk and does...things she definitely wouldn't do when sober.
I rarely have this much fun when reading a book but
Amy
Apr 29, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: german, ya
Oh my gosh, do I really have to wait for OCTOBER for this book to be translated into English???? AHHH! I'm so excited. And I suppose by October I'll be stuck back in dinky Dayton so I'll have to wait even longer to get my hands on a copy.
^.^
Maybe I should just re-read Ruby Red...

Finished 12/28/12
*sigh*
So much potential. So, so much potential. Unfortunately, it doesn't live up to it.
The plot is still interesting. In fact, its creative and fun and quite enjoyable.
But the characters!
Oi.
The char
Lara
Jun 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“True love knows no constrains, no locks or bars.
Past every obstacle it makes its way.
It spreads its wings to soar toward the stars,
No earthly power will make it stop or stay.”

I literally fly through this book in 1 day, and I have no regrets!

There is really nothing ''WOW'' about these books so I really don't know why I like this series so much. Saphire Blue was much more better than Ruby Red. Gwen was really funny and sweet in this book. She is really relatable and she handles the situatio
shre ♡
Sep 06, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It’s hard to believe the number of bloggers and readers out there that haven’t heard about this wonderful young adult series. Ruby Red, the first book, brought to us an adventure that included time-traveling, secrets, carriages, evil barons, and a little bit of romance. Sapphire Blue continues on from there with double the trouble, triple the action, and quadruple the romance! The characters were once again, very engaging, and I had no problem with getting hooked into the story. Time-travel book ...more
Ferdy
Spoilers

I didn't really like this, it irritated the hell out of me. The heroine, Gwen, could have been a decent character had it not been for the ghastly romance and the vile love interest (the douche dick Gideon). Every time Gwen was near Gideon or thought about him (which was most of the time), I lost respect for her. She was weak, pathetic and desperate. He treated her like utter shit and the dumb bitch let him, she would be mad and upset when he acted like bastard but as soon as she saw him
Lauren Elise
May 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
I've had a few days to compose my thoughts, and because it's late I will be posting the full review tomorrow. As for now...

My Thoughts, Compiled as Neatly and Efficiently as Possible at 11 PM on Finals Week:
- This book was not as good as Ruby Red in my opinion, even though I still enjoyed it. Really hoping Emerald Green is better.
- I! Love! Gideon! He is my baby!!!
- I'm still in love with the time travel. (view spoiler)
Sapphire Blue picks up right after Ruby Red. it’s been a few days since Gwen Shephard discovered that she, not her cousin Charlotte, inherited the “time-travel gene” that manifests in one girl of each generation in their family. The Montrose-Shephard family have assumed till now that Charlotte was the one with the power, and trained her since infancy accordingly. But it’s really been Gwen all along, and she is utterly unprepared.

There’s a sinister conspiracy that spans the centuries, about to c
Christine Riccio
Sep 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed the book but, I have so many questions! Just posted my full book discussion: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaZuuI... ! So excited for book 3!
Carie
Jan 19, 2013 rated it liked it
Arghh.

I like this series, I do. WIth a few complaints. My biggest complaint is that it is a series, instead of a single book. Not much happened it the first and frankly not a whole lot happens in the second. I got SO (in all caps!) tired of no one telling Gwen anything. Eventually some things are revealed. Ish. But you shouldn't have to read 2 books in the series to start getting answers.

Yes, I'll read the next. As long as my complaints are duly noted.
Jaz
I. Need. The. Part. Three. Now.

We get more time travels than in the first book, that one was definitely the introductory book to this world...
Also finally we discover the meaning of something that has been mentioned in the prophecy, which I believe it was pretty obvious since the first time it was mentioned but ... it is what it is. We will get some answers and more questions too. I suspect that many explanations are being saved for the third and last part.
Overall, the plot is quite simple. Thi
Denise Bücherwunderland
Wie toll 😍

Nachdem ich Band 1 ja innerhalb von wenigen Stunden gelesen hatte, habe ich natürlich kurz darauf mit Band 2 begonnen.
Für diesen habe ich ein wenig länger gebraucht, aber das liegt hauptsächlich daran, dass ich viel zu tun hatte.

Die Handlung schreitet hier genauso schnell voran und seit Beginn von Rubinrot bis zum Ende von Saphirblau vergeht gerade mal eine Woche.

Deswegen haben die Charaktere kaum Zeit sich weiter zu entwickeln, aber die Protagonstin Gwendolyn passt sich erstaunlich sc
Cynn
Mar 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Es que cada vez me gusta más esta trilogía.

En Saphirblau,la segunda parte de la trilogía Rubí,nos encontramos con una historia que comienza siendo algo predecible y pasa a ser absolutamente entretenida. A pesar de que sigo insistiendo que creo saber varias cosas que todavía no se revelaron se que no puedo juzgar al libro de predecible si todavía no se si en cierta forma, esto es así. Por esto mismo me centro en la historia de esta entrega y empiezo a reseñarla.

La historia es mucho más entreteni
Fenia
WOW!!! :O *forever crying* This book was just as great as the first one!!! I loved it. I laughed. I cried. Loved it. I'm so obsessed with this series!! Few spoilers ahead:

I loved the soiree and the singing? i laughed so hard in this scene!! Gwen drunk?? So funny!!! Gideon? Still in love with him..but he really pissed me off!! At the end though..well he does love her. right? he loves her. right?? right?? *crying again* I just can't with all the feels!!! My poor sweet Gwen is so miserable and hur
laurooou
Jan 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
This book is a good sequel to Ruby Red. It's a light read that will have you laugh hysterically. There is a lot more time travel in this one and some interesting details of the prophecy are revealed.

In the first book, Gwen seemed a bit immature for her age, and she doesn't really evolve in that regard in this book. I think that is probably the main reason I gave the overall series 4 stars instead of 5. Even though Gwen is hilarious, she is not a great role model or heroine. She lacks a tiny bit
I still love these books - I'm so happy! Maybe part of it is nostalgia, but I haven't been this entertained in a while. I read quite a bit of this on my rides to and from university and I must've been quite the sight to the people on the train. I constantly had to force myself not to laugh out loud, but couldn't stop myself from grinning every other page. Gwen's thoughts and comments made my day. The sass! Rereading this, it turns out, has been one of my smarter decisions.
Giulia

This series is so fun to read! It's fast-paced and humorous, with witty characters and the cutest romance. I'm having a blast reading it! I would write something more articulate, but you know, book three is already waiting for me...
Regan
Dec 21, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-owned-read
STILL SUPER FUN
Stella♡
Mar 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

•Κριτική όλης της σειράς θα βρείτε εδώ! 💙
Amelie
Jun 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-bookshelf
Wow. Ich hätte ja nie gedacht, dass das möglich war, aber Saphirblau ist definitiv noch besser als Rubinrot. Das liegt vor allem an den neu eingeführten Charakteren und natürlich der Liebesgeschichte, die das ganze noch viel viel viiiiel amüsanter macht.
Die oben erwähnten Charaktere sind nämlich Xemerius und Giordano. Beide sind einfach zum Schreien! Ich finde Kerstin Gier hat es auch einfach klasse gelöst, traurige oder gar dramatische Szenen durch Xemerius' lustige Kommentare zu entschärfen. I
Martina
Jun 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Whoa that escalated quickly... I can't wait to see the end of it.
Suzanne
Jul 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book just set up for a great conclusion. I can already tell! Now if the person who has the third book of this series at my library will finally return it I could finish the series! I love time travel books because of the added element of history. I generally am not too big into historical fiction so when it is added to fantasy I actually eat it up. This series has great blend of fantasy, history, and romance. I seriously cannot wait for book 3 from my library!
Nikoleta
Sep 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, romance
Χαλαρο, ξενοιαστο, περιπετειωδες και καλογραμμενο. Μα πάνω απο ολα εχει τόση φρεσκάδα, τόσες ατάκες και ευχάριστο χιουμορ που όσες φορές και να το διαβάσω πάντα καταφέρνει να μου φτιάξει την διάθεση.
☾Poppet

As usually I finished this book quite long ago (the next day that I finished Ruby Red book and movie) buuut i forgot to put it on my read shelf and because i wanted to finish a review first but i had mixed thoughts (and events) since as soon i finished Sapphire Blue I watched the movie which was so good (im going to admit it now: i liked it better than the book)

Gwendolyn as always was so fun to read I absolutely love her character and with the companion of Xemerius: hell yes. The time traveling
Ecmel Soylu
May 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ciddi bir aksiyon eksikliği olduğu gerçeği inkar edilemez ama ben karakterleri ve yazarın mizahını çok seviyorum*-*
Ryan
"The illimitable, silent, never-resting thing called Time, rolling, rushing on, swift, silent, like an all-embracing ocean-tide, on which we and all the Universe swim like exhalations, like apparitions which are and then are not: this is forever very literally a miracle; a thing to strike us dumb - for we have no word to speak about it."
- Thomas Carlye

Warning: May contain mild spoilers, taking into account that this is the second book in the series.

Gwyneth Sheppard has recently found out that s
Odette Knappers
Mar 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: inbezit, 2016
Het reviewen van een deel 2 van een trilogie voelt altijd een beetje als iets zeggen over het middelste gedeelte van een stand-alone. Het verhaal gaat wel door, maar je kent de wereld al en er gebeurt nog niet écht iets. Wel pakte de bijzondere wereld van Gwendolyn me weer en heb ik genoten van de onderdompeling in de wereld.

Ik vind Gideon een ongelooflijke eikel, nog steeds. En hoe vrouwonvriendelijk de hele organisatie is.. jeetje zeg. Ik vind het wel tof hoe Gwendolyn daar mee omgaat, als men
 ♥ Rebecca ♥
This was better than I remember Ruby Red, if I hadn't seen my review. I read it so long ago. And as I said in that review, this is better read back to back, so I am on to book 3 now.
Fátima García
Gideon's bipolarness just freaks me out.
Yukino
Jan 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015, miei
TRILOGIA DELLE GEMME n. 2

LETTURA DI GRUPPO E&L
Che sorpresa!!! Rispetto al Primo mi è piaciuto molto di più.
Ho riscritto cinque volte la prima riga di questa recensione. Non so da dove iniziare..ho la testa in pappa. Non lo,avrei mai detto!!!! Insomma è un libro per adolescenti e il precedente si mi era piaciuto ma mancava qualcosa..e quel qualcosa l'ho trovato leggendo il secondo volume. Parto dalla fine: Nooooooo. Ma si può lasciare così in sospeso noi poveri lettori???? Ma vi pare??? (vie
Does anyone know if this is being made into a movie? 190 3049 Jan 17, 2018 11:17AM
ENDING!!! SPOILERS!!! 16 251 Jul 31, 2016 10:54AM
Saphirblau Book vs. Movie 9 94 Oct 14, 2015 05:58PM
YA Buddy Readers'...: Sapphire Blue, by Kerstin Gier - Restarting September 10th 2015 59 92 Sep 20, 2015 07:56PM
FANtastical Fiction: Sapphire Blue booktalk | July | Svetlana's pick 13 12 Jul 12, 2015 05:46PM
movie 2 37 Jul 04, 2015 02:32AM

• Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • Arkadien fällt (Arkadien, #3)
  • Das Herz des Dämons (Dawn & Julien, #2)
  • Ascheherz
  • Lucian
  • Dark Destiny (Dark Canopy, #2)
  • Die Katastrophe (Das Tal Season 1, #2)
  • Everlasting: Der Mann, der aus der Zeit fiel
  • Splitterherz (Splitterherz, #1)
  • Die magische Gondel (Zeitenzauber, #1)
  • Odstíny života (Odstíny života, #1)
  • Nebezpečná láska (Bavettovi, #1)
Kerstin Gier is the bestselling author of the Ruby Red trilogy, as well as several popular novels for adults.

Edelstein-Trilogie (3 books)
  • Rubinrot (Edelstein-Trilogie, #1)
  • Smaragdgrün (Edelstein-Trilogie, #3)
“-¿Hay algo que no sepas hacer?
-¡No! Puedes tomarme tranquilamente por un Dios.”
107 likes
“—Deberíamos recoger nuestras cosas —dijo Gideon finalmente—. Y deberías hacer algo urgente con tus cabellos; parece como si algún idiota se hubiera puesto a revolver en ellos con las dos manos y luego te hubiera tirado sobre un sofá… Sea quien sea el que nos espere sabrá que dos y dos son cuatro… Oh, por Dios, no me mires así.
—¿Cómo?
—Como si ya no pudieras moverte.
—Es que no puedo —dije en serio—. Soy un pudin. Me has transformado en un pudin.”
88 likes