New Adult Book Club discussion

Molly McAdams
This topic is about Molly McAdams
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Author Q+A's > Q&A with Molly McAdams *CLOSED*

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lori (last edited Aug 21, 2015 09:24AM) (new)

Lori (lorilovesbooks) | 350 comments

We are so happy to have Molly McAdams with us for a Q&A. Molly is best known for the Taking Chances Series, the Forgiving Lies Series, and the From Ashes Series. Leave your questions below.

message 2: by Marisela (new)

Marisela M. Chavez | 26 comments What gave you the idea to blend two series together?

message 3: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Cernuska | 11 comments Will there be more of the series

message 4: by Molly (new)

Molly McAdams (molly_mcadams) Marisela wrote: "What gave you the idea to blend two series together?"

Honestly, it hit me the second I wrote the end of DECEIVING LIES. I'd known prior that I would write Liam's story, but he couldn't end up with just any girl.

The guy who was a perfect mixture of Brandon and Chase needed a girl who had the stubbornness and fire that Kash and Rachel had. As soon as I wrote the "naked baby" funny parts in the DL epilogue, I knew exactly what needed to happen.

message 5: by Molly (new)

Molly McAdams (molly_mcadams) Tiffany wrote: "Will there be more of the series"

Unfortunately, no. The TAKING CHANCES series is definitely over, and I hope everyone agrees that TRUSTING LIAM ended it nicely.

As for the FORGIVING LIES series, I would love to write stories for Trent and Mason, but it just isn't the right time right now.

message 6: by Molly (new)

Molly McAdams (molly_mcadams) Lori wrote: "We are so happy to have Molly McAdams with us for a Q&A. Molly is best known for the Taking Chances Series, the Forgiving Lies Series, and the [book:From Ashes|16122..."

Thank you so much for having me! <3

message 7: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 45 comments Hi molly! What was the hardest part or scene to write in Trusting Liam?

message 8: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (blkel14) | 78 comments Does music play a role in your writing process? Do you make playlists for each book?

message 9: by Molly (new)

Molly McAdams (molly_mcadams) Jessica wrote: "Hi molly! What was the hardest part or scene to write in Trusting Liam?"

Oh man, all of the scenes involving Brian! He's such a funny guy, but man he always pulled at the heart strings in this one! I was constantly getting choked up with him!

message 10: by Molly (new)

Molly McAdams (molly_mcadams) Brittany wrote: "Does music play a role in your writing process? Do you make playlists for each book?"

Yes, definitely! I have to have music on while I'm writing! If there is silence, my mind wanders. If I hear talking (TV), I get distracted by that. So much is perfect for me! I do make playlists for all of my books, they're all on Spotify!

Sometimes they're just songs that have the feel of the book for me, sometimes I get songs specifically for the chapters/scenes. And each book DEFINITELY has a feel. Every now and then you'll see similar songs, but you'll see major differences in each book's list.

message 11: by Gina (new)

Gina (ginasanders) | 25 comments Out of all your books who was the hardest character to write?

message 12: by Ilena (new)

Ilena (artisbread) After writing several novels, what writing lessons have you learned that you wish you would have known when you were penning your first novel?

message 13: by Molly (new)

Molly McAdams (molly_mcadams) Gina wrote: "Out of all your books who was the hardest character to write?"

Oh wow! Hardest, huh? I'm not just saying this because we're discussing this book, but Liam for sure. He was such a perfect mixture of Brandon and Chase that I started blocking out what he was saying and started basically re-writing TAKING CHANCES all over again. It took scrapping two different versions before I could finally get in tune with just Liam's voice.

BUT I do have to say, there is a character named Collin coming up in TO THE STARS (out Nov. 17th) and he was extremely hard to write. I would leave my computer shaking and emotionally drained after him

message 14: by Molly (new)

Molly McAdams (molly_mcadams) Ilena wrote: "After writing several novels, what writing lessons have you learned that you wish you would have known when you were penning your first novel?"

Hahaha oh my word ... I still feel like I know nothing of writing, so I can't really answer this! I just like telling stories, and that's what I always tell people they need to do. Just tell the story.

I do learn little things with each book, like, just because I think something happened with the characters because I saw it in my head, doesn't mean the readers will see that/read that. I need to show things, not just tell them ... that sort of thing. So now when I go back to the first (TAKING CHANCES) I cringe. However, that could also have something to do with the fact that self-edited that one, and I am horrible with grammar. So I guess I can cut myself some slack ... maybe ... probably not. haha

message 15: by Nicola (new)

Nicola (nikki-lou) | 2115 comments Hi Molly, thank you very much for being here with us this this week. If you were to advertise Liam on a dating website how would you describe him ? Did you base Liam on anyone you know, character and looks?

message 16: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Mehl | 1 comments Hey Molly just have to say I Love you and your books!
My question is in the epilogue of DL Rachel and Kash are expecting a boy but he was never mentioned in TL I was just wondering why he wasn't mentioned?

message 17: by Aliana (new)

Aliana Milano (aliana_k_milano) | 18 comments Hey Molly!

I just want to say that I'm a huge fan of you and all your work! You're crazy talented and I've read all your books so far :) I was just curious about how you felt about Chase's death in Taking Chances. It was a huge sacrifice and I think it made the book that much better even though he was missed dearly but I was just curious if you felt ending his character was hard too?

Thanks,
Aliana :)

message 18: by Molly (new)

Molly McAdams (molly_mcadams) Nicola wrote: "Hi Molly, thank you very much for being here with us this this week. If you were to advertise Liam on a dating website how would you describe him ? Did you base Liam on anyone you know, character a..."

o.O Hahaha oh goodness! Let's see....

Successful businessman who has a wild side. Tall and tattooed, likes to spend mornings surfing and evenings fighting in the ring at the gym. Family is everything.

As for Liam's character, I really wanted every reader of TAKING CHANCES to fall in love with him. Whether they were Team Chase or Brandon, so it was very important he was equal parts both. His looks are obvious, from his tattoos and muscles, to his eyes and smile ... SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER! He is Charlie Keller all the way. Charlie is my Chase, and I knew Liam needed to grow up to look just like his dad. You can find Charlie at www.facebook.com/CharlieKellerFitness in case you haven't seen me post pictures of him!

message 19: by Molly (new)

Molly McAdams (molly_mcadams) Jessica wrote: "Hey Molly just have to say I Love you and your books!
My question is in the epilogue of DL Rachel and Kash are expecting a boy but he was never mentioned in TL I was just wondering why he wasn't m..."

HAHAHAH! HE'S OVERSEAS!

Really, there's a funny story behind this. Go to my website (listed below) and check ;)

www.mollysmcadams.com/classified

message 20: by Molly (new)

Molly McAdams (molly_mcadams) Aliana wrote: "Hey Molly!

I just want to say that I'm a huge fan of you and all your work! You're crazy talented and I've read all your books so far :) I was just curious about how you felt about Chase's death i..."

Thank you so very much! Oh goodness, his death absolutely killed me. I was basically catatonic for the next week. My boss had to keep sending me home from work. I'd tried to do other things (have him move away ... have him meet someone else) and nothing fit. So when the scene wrote itself and I sat there sobbing, begging my fingers to stop typing, I knew it was what needed to happen. Once it was done, I felt a weird peace about it even though I was devastated. I just knew it couldn't be done any other way.

I know many people thought it was an easy way out so she wouldn't have to choose between the two, but I never felt that way because I had fallen in love with Chase.

message 21: by Ariel (new)

Ariel | 1 comments Hey Molly!
I really want to fan girl out, but I'm going to try to play it cool. ;)

What is your favorite series that you have wrote so far?

message 22: by Aliana (new)

Aliana Milano (aliana_k_milano) | 18 comments Molly wrote: "Aliana wrote: "Hey Molly!

I just want to say that I'm a huge fan of you and all your work! You're crazy talented and I've read all your books so far :) I was just curious about how you felt about ..."

You're welcome! Aawhhh I don't think it was the easy way out - if anything it was harder. I think everyone was so in love with Chase and I know for a fact I was kinda destroyed - and ugly cried - when he passed away. Thanks for answering my question :)

message 23: by Molly (new)

Molly McAdams (molly_mcadams) Ariel wrote: "Hey Molly!
I really want to fan girl out, but I'm going to try to play it cool. ;)

What is your favorite series that you have wrote so far?"

HAHAHA! Hi ;)

Oh man. It's a good tie between the Forgiving Lies series and the Thatch series (second book coming soon)

message 24: by Molly (new)

Molly McAdams (molly_mcadams) Aliana wrote: "Molly wrote: "Aliana wrote: "Hey Molly!

I just want to say that I'm a huge fan of you and all your work! You're crazy talented and I've read all your books so far :) I was just curious about how y..."

You are so welcome! <3

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.