Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Paul Kaye

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hákon (new)

Hákon Gunnarsson | 309 comments I have been looking into the works of Paul Kaye who was a photographer. There are probably only a few of the works that come up with that name that are actually his. I know he did the photos for The Laughing Kitten, Mischief Again!, and Let's Have a Party!. And I think he did the photos for Dogs as Pets but I'm not sure yet. How does it work to set up a author profile for an author, or in this case a photographer, that has passed away? There is an article on the photographer that I'm talking about here http://photoarchivenews.com/2012/03/2...

message 2: by Empress (last edited Aug 16, 2015 06:18AM) (new)

Empress (the_empress) If you have a librarian status, just disambiguate the his books by adding space between his names.

It's always good to check at this section in case a profile already exists: https://www.goodreads.com/author/simi...

I've started his profile here: (3 spaces) https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...

You can finish up.

message 3: by Hákon (new)

Hákon Gunnarsson | 309 comments Thanks Ellie, but I haven't got a librarian status. I've applied twice, but didn't even get a reply either time.

If I wrote a short bio for him and prepared the information needed could you add it into his profile?

message 4: by Empress (new)

Empress (the_empress) Because you are an author. Some librarians become authors and retain their status but GR prefers not to give that status to authors.

Yes, I can do that.

I moved the books you linked in your first post. Let us know if there are any others to be moved.

message 5: by Hákon (last edited Aug 17, 2015 01:33PM) (new)

Hákon Gunnarsson | 309 comments Ellie [The Empress] wrote: "Because you are an author. Some librarians become authors and retain their status but GR prefers not to give that status to authors."

So that's the reason? I had been wondering if it was just me they objected to because I have seen author / librarians. Good to know and it is a rule that makes a lot of sense.

Anyway, if you could add this to Paul Kaye's profile that would be great:

Paul Kaye
Born: in London, UK December 19th, 1929
Died: March 8th, 2012
genre: Photography

Paul Kaye was born in London on 19th December, 1929. His father, also Paul Kaye, who was a professional photographer introduced him to photography while he was still a boy. When he grew up, he started to learn from and work with his dad. This turned into a partnership that lasted for 37 years, or until Paul Kaye senior died.

Both of them got well known for photographing animals. One of Paul Kaye’s (junior) most famous subject was a spaniel pup called Susi which appeared as “the Pic Pup” in the Sunday Pictoral in the 1950s. Over the years Paul Kaye’s photographs of Susi and other subjects have been used on greeting cards, calendars, in newspapers, magazines, periodicals, and books, among them a series of children’s books by Enid Blyton, The Laughing Kitten and its sequels.

He passed away on March 8th, 2012.

message 6: by free (new)

free (frdn) | 5179 comments bio added...

message 7: by Hákon (new)

Hákon Gunnarsson | 309 comments ~ free ~ wrote: "bio added..."

Thank you. :-)