TwitBookClub discussion

You're Never Weird on the Internet (Almost)
Monthly Selections Discussions > October 2015 - 'You're Never Weird on the Internet (Almost)' by Felicia Day

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

TwitBookClub | 62 comments Mod
Discussion thread for 'You're Never Weird on the Internet (Almost)' by Felicia Day.

message 2: by Anastasia, Allons-y! (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anastasia (tdallonsy) | 40 comments Mod
Back when this book first landed on my Kindle, curiosity got the better of me when I thought I'd go in and read just a chapter before going back to finishing the book I was already in the middle of at that point. Fast forward a few hours later and I've whipped through the whole thing. Felicia Day's quirky personality shines through on every page of the book. From the Introduction where she wanders into a Build-A-Bear store to buy herself a bear and has a funny/awkward run in with a couple of fans and another woman who had no clue who Felicia Day was; from that moment on Felicia takes the reader for a ride that doesn’t stop until the very end, and even there the reader is left asking for more. Her somewhat awkward journey is filled with anecdotes from a home schooled life, college life, the world of MMORPGs from the early days up to WoW days, her web-series The Guild, her experiences at comic cons, and more. What’s more, she openly discusses her personal life throughout the book including a nervous breakdown and her brush with GamerGate amongst others. And she does all that with her trademark Felicia Day sense of humour that made her endearing to so many fans around the world.

If you know of Felicia Day based on her work on Supernatural, Dr Horrible, Eureka, The Guild or just as ‘that Internet-famous gamer chick’, the book will show the depth of what a relatable, likeable, down-to-earth human being she is outside of her on screen appearances.

Bonus: There’s a bunch of pictures with inspiring/corny/quirky quotes on mugs and memes, photographs from Day’s early days intertwined with the text all throughout the book, making it a perfect companion to those less comfortable with a typical book filed with words, words, words…