SNA Y8.01 (2015-2016) discussion

Assignment > Week 4: Character Analysis

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nurr (new)

Nurr Shahidna | 23 comments Mod
Please post week 4 character analysis here.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

i pick this character called Malgosia from the book called trumpet voluntary. This young girl is Dereck's wife. She is the most beautiful girl in the school and because of whom everyone is madly in love with her. She is from Poland and she is studying in London. We could also say that she is a perfectionist in every area in her life. In love terms she always feel something about Tibor, although his behaviour is not the best. From my point of view her relation with Dereck lies just in friendship and when she breaks up with Tibor she feels alone and our protagonist takes advantage of of the situation. In fact between her and dereck there is never a usual lovers relation. Trumpet Voluntary Level 6 by Jeremy Harmer

message 3: by Matthew (new)

Matthew | 13 comments my favourite character is Dr.Azis.Aziz is impetuous and flighty, changing opinions and preoccupations quickly and without warning, from one moment to the next. His moods swing back and forth between extremes, from childlike elation one minute to utter despair the next.though the author is certainly sympathetic to the Indians, he does sometimes present them as incompetent, subservient, or childish. A Passage to India

message 4: by Michael (new)

Michael Santoso | 14 comments My character is Ed Jonas from a book called Solo Saxophone. He is a very courageous and passionate character in this story, he has been to a city under siege called Sarajevo, he is also a very well known person to a office company called the Daily Witness. He knows a lot about Sarajevo which is a dangerous war zone. Even though he has cancer, he still can't control his smoking habit and he makes fun of the word "cancer". Most of his family members dislike him and his wife said that she wanted to divorce with him. He really cherishes his few left pleasures of his life. Solo Saxophone Level 6 Advanced by Jeremy Harmer

message 5: by Tiffany (last edited Aug 19, 2015 08:18AM) (new)

Tiffany Wibisono | 13 comments After reading the book entitled 'The Woman In White', which tells us about Thriller and Adventure, I have found my favourite character whose name is Walter Hartright. He is a poor young man who earns his living as a humble drawing teacher. When he goes to Limmeridge which is located in England, going to be a drawing master there, he then falls in love with the gorgeous, tempting and innocent Laura Fairlie. Unfortunately, Laura have engaged with Sir Percival Glyde, there her sister, Marian, warns Walter to stay away, and leave Limmeridge. Unexpectedly, the ending of the story was that Walter ends up marrying Laura. So, why do you think Laura did not continue to live her life with Sir Percival anymore?

message 6: by Delicia (new)

Delicia W | 16 comments the character i chose to analyze is Jane Eyre, she is the protagonist and narrator of the novel. Jane Eyre is an intelligent, honest, plain featured young girl forced to contend with oppression, inequality and hardship. Although she is disliked by her autonomy, she always tries her best to maintains her principles of justice, human dignity and morality. Not only that, she strongly believes soacial equality challenges, the victorian prejudices against women and the poor.

message 7: by Tania (new)

Tania Hartanto | 36 comments Oliver Twist is the novel’s protagonist and also main character. Oliver is an orphan born in a workhouse, and Dickens uses his situation to criticize public policy toward the poor in 1830s England. Oliver is between nine and twelve years old when the main action of the novel occurs. Though treated with cruelty and surrounded by crudity for most of his life, he is a devoted, innocent child, and his charms draw the attention of several wealthy benefactors. His true identity is the central mystery of the novel.

message 8: by Tania (new)

Tania Hartanto | 36 comments Oliver Twist is the novel’s protagonist and also main character. Oliver is an orphan born in a workhouse, and Dickens uses his situation to criticize public policy toward the poor in 1830s England. Oliver is between nine and twelve years old when the main action of the novel occurs. Though treated with cruelty and surrounded by crudity for most of his life, he is a devoted, innocent child, and his charms draw the attention of several wealthy benefactors. His true identity is the central mystery of the novel.

message 9: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 9 comments Elizabeth Bennet is the chosen character I choose to be analyzed in this reading program. The character of the second daughter of Mr. Bennet in this Novel is very strong. Lizzie as Ms. Elizabeth Bennet is called in her family is a lovely, clever, and, in a novel defined by dialogue, she converses as brilliantly as anyone. Elizabeth is also considered as a good judge of character; she is good at reading situations. Pride and Prejudice is essentially the story of how she overcome all obstacles, including their own personal failings, to find romantic happiness. Elizabeth must not only cope with a hopeless mother, a distant father, two badly behaved younger siblings, and several arrogance, she must also overcome her own mistaken impressions of Darcy, which initially lead her to reject his proposals of marriage. Her charms are sufficient to keep him interested. As she gradually comes to recognize the nobility of Darcy’s character, she realizes the error of her prejudgment against him at the first place. By the end of the story, Elizabeth is able to live her life in happiness with the one she loves.

I give 4 stars to rate this book as the story can amuse the readers. For those who like to read a love story novel, this book is highly recommended.