2015 Reading Challenge [Closed] discussion

. Week 45: In Your Hometown > Week 45: Introduction

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zaz, Mood Minion (new)

Zaz | 1387 comments Mod
Week 45: a book that takes place in your hometown.
November 5 - November 11, 2015

This category can be a little difficult to fill if you don't live in: a big city, in England, in the US, etc. If you don't find a book happening in your city, try your state or country, you may have more luck. Just have a look at the awesome link at the end of the post, to find something if you have no idea.
Don't forget that "hometown" has several meanings and can be the town you were born, or where you grew up or where you live now. It will widen a little your choices if you moved during your life.

How to Create a Topic:
1. Create a topic in the appropriate folder using your book's author and title (Title by Author, please). Link your book with the "This topic is about" feature.

2. In the body of your post, comment about why you chose this book. Have you read it before? What are your expectations?

3. Feel free to use the thread as a way to update the group on your progress. Also, when you are finished reading, add a small review and your thoughts about the week's challenge.

4. Comment on everyone else's posts as well! Participation and group involvement will make this challenge so much fun!

**If you chose the same book as another group member for the same week, do not create a duplicate thread.**

Book ideas:
The Global Book Map

message 2: by Sophie (new)

Sophie (sawphie) Thanks for the link, Zaz, it's very useful (even though it doesn't contain a lot of books from Switzerland).

message 3: by Francesca (new)

Francesca | 391 comments Thank you for the link! I didn't realise how many books were set in my county and there were a couple that were actually set in my hometown.

message 4: by Laura, Mod (new)

Laura | 599 comments Mod
That's such an awesome site! I already read a book for this week but I've been toying with the idea of slowly completing a challenge for a book set in every country and this would be crazy useful for that :)

message 5: by Zaz, Mood Minion (new)

Zaz | 1387 comments Mod
You're welcome, it's fun to search sites with nice suggestions and I was happy to find this one :)
There's nothing in my cities, so I can freely choose a book set in my country :D