Dangerous Hero Addict Support Group discussion

Recommendations > Searching for series books that features one couple in multiple books

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bookish (last edited Aug 14, 2015 09:25AM) (new)

Bookish (moon513) | 13 comments Hi guys, I would like some book recommendations. I'm looking for Romance series or trilogy books that features one couple at least more than one book, the more the merrier. I read & loved Guild Hunter series (Elena & Raphael) , Dragon bound series (Drago & Pia) , & In death series (Eve & Roarke) . I would like book suggestion that features MC's & couples like the ones I just mentioned (their personality, their relationship dynamics etc.) & NOT solely based on the similar type stories or series. PN, historical, contemporary, chick-lit, mystery, sci-fi (NO Dystopia/Apocalyptic/Zombie) , adult/YA/NA, Erotic (NO BDSM, m/m, f/f, m/f/m) any genre will do. I like Alpha-Possessive-Dangerous-Bad boy types Hero and emotionally strong heroines who can hold their ground (they can start as somewhat vulnerable but as story progresses they should come out as strong personality). Please no love triangles, no best friends falling in love, no H/h falling for friend's ex or brother's ex, & definitely no cheating stories. Stand alone suggestions will be welcome too. :)

message 2: by Netanella (last edited Aug 14, 2015 03:57AM) (new)

Netanella | 192 comments for contemporary romance, try:

Abigail Barnett's The Boss
The Boss 1 - The Boss
The Boss 2 - The Girlfriend
The Boss 3 - The Bride
The Boss 4 - The Ex
The Boss (The Boss, #1) by Abigail Barnette The Girlfriend (The Boss, #2) by Abigail Barnette The Bride (The Boss, #3) by Abigail Barnette The Ex (The Boss, #4) by Abigail Barnette

Emma Chase's Tangled
Tangled 1 - Tangled
Tangled 2 - Twisted
Tangled (Tangled, #1) by Emma Chase Twisted (Tangled, #2) by Emma Chase

message 3: by Netanella (new)

Netanella | 192 comments For PNR, I would recommend:

Elizabeth Hunter's Elemental Mysteries
Elemental Mysteries 1 - A Hidden Fire
Elemental Mysteries 2 - This Same Earth
Elemental Mysteries 3 - The Force of Wind
Elemental Mysteries 4 - A Fall of Water
A Hidden Fire (Elemental Mysteries, #1) by Elizabeth Hunter This Same Earth (Elemental Mysteries, #2) by Elizabeth Hunter The Force of Wind (Elemental Mysteries, #3) by Elizabeth Hunter A Fall of Water (Elemental Mysteries #4) by Elizabeth Hunter

message 4: by Deeva05 (new)

Deeva05 | 8 comments Hey there, great topic here are a few that I've enjoyed that meets your criteria.

Sienna Mynx Amore (Battaglia Mafia, #5) by Sienna Mynx Ti Amo (Battaglia Mafia Series) (Volume 2) by Sienna Mynx Destino (Battaglia Mafia Series) (Volume 1) by Sienna Mynx .
This is an interracial romance featuring an African America h with an Caucasian Italian H, it didn't hit your "no" list but just making you aware.

Another series I enjoyed matching your criteria was
That Boy (That Boy, #1) by Jillian Dodd That Wedding (That Boy, #2) by Jillian Dodd
That Baby (That Boy Series Book 3) by Jillian Dodd

Another one Callie Hart's Blood & Roses series this one has 6 books. Deviant (Blood & Roses #1) by Callie Hart Collateral (Blood & Roses, #6) by Callie Hart Twisted (Blood & Roses, #5) by Callie Hart
you should be able to see the order once you access her series. I'm on a tablet

message 5: by Bookish (last edited Aug 14, 2015 07:29AM) (new)

Bookish (moon513) | 13 comments Netanella wrote: "for contemporary romance, try:
Abigail Barnett's The Boss
The Boss 1..."

Thanks so much Netanella for the recommendations! Elemental Mysteries series is totally new to me. I heard about Tangled though but after reading the blurb and some reviews thought it wasn't for me. But didn't have any idea it matches my criterias. I'll definitely read them :)

One quick question though, about The Boss series. The blurb gives hints of BDSM-ish (submission of the h in bedroom) contents. But if it's a small factor in the story and doesn't influence or overwhelm the plot I would give it a try. :)

message 6: by Bookish (last edited Aug 14, 2015 07:28AM) (new)

Bookish (moon513) | 13 comments Deeva05 wrote: "Hey there, great topic here are a few that I've enjoyed that meets your criteria. ..."

Thanks you liked the topic Deeva05! & thanks so much for the recommendations. These 3 series titles are definitely new to me. I am particularly excited to read Battaglia Mafia Series (its been a long time I read a mafia book) and That boy series. Little hesitant about Blood & Roses series, is it only erotica like a lot of sexual contents or has BDSM-ish kind of contents? As I said to Netanella, if it's a small factor in the story and doesn't influence or overwhelm the plot I'm ok with it. What would you say about it?

message 7: by Alisa (new)

Alisa Sorry I'm on my phone and can't do links but these are both really good imo:

Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews

World of the Lupi by Eileen Wilks

message 8: by Bookish (new)

Bookish (moon513) | 13 comments Alisa wrote: "Sorry I'm on my phone and can't do links but these are both really good imo:
World of the Lupi by Eileen Wilks"

Hi Alisa! Thanks for taking the time & effort to recommend these books to me :). It's now twice Kane Daniels been recommended to me. I would definitely start reading it ASAP. World of Lupi series title is new to me, it has a feel of in death series in it, isn't it? I would love to read it too. Thanks again Alisa :)

message 9: by Bookish (new)

Bookish (moon513) | 13 comments I started reading That boy. its actually about best friends love story. I actually said no to this type of books in the OP. :(

message 10: by Deeva05 (new)

Deeva05 | 8 comments Bookish wrote: "Deeva05 wrote: "Hey there, great topic here are a few that I've enjoyed that meets your criteria. ..."

Thanks you liked the topic Deeva05! & thanks so much for the recommendations. These 3 series ..."

I don't tend to like BDSM either and don't recall it being in the Blood & Roses series....I read the entire series and while each person is different can't recall any trigger points.

My bad on That Boy, I read it awhile ago. :-(

message 11: by Alisa (last edited Aug 14, 2015 03:40PM) (new)

Alisa Bookish wrote: "Alisa wrote: "Sorry I'm on my phone and can't do links but these are both really good imo:
World of the Lupi by Eileen Wilks"

Hi Alisa! Thanks for taking the t..."

Kate Daniels series is one of my all time favorites. As for yummy heros....Curran is awesome.

World of the Lupi is similar to In Death now that you mention it. I wouldn't have thought of that but it is. It's our present time but she's a cop and Rule is very Roarke like except he's a shifter. He's pretty calm and collected though. Not a crazy alpha over the top kind of guy. There's a lot of world building in the first book but it's worth it.

message 12: by Bookish (new)

Bookish (moon513) | 13 comments Deeva05 wrote: "I don't tend to like BDSM either and don't recall it being in the Blood & Roses series....I read the entire series and while each person is different can't recall any trigger points.

My bad on That Boy, I read it awhile ago. :-( "

Hey no worries Deeva05 :) The amount of book we read and as time passes little tidbits of a book can easily slip by our memory. Totally understandable. As for Blood & Roses, I think if it had hardcore BDSM you would have remembered as you don't have a taste for it either. I would give it a try. Thanks :)

message 13: by Bookish (new)

Bookish (moon513) | 13 comments Alisa wrote: "World of the Lupi is similar to In Death now that you mention it. I wouldn't have thought of that but it is. It's our present time but she's a cop and Rule is very Roarke like except he's a shifter. He's pretty calm and collected though. Not a crazy alpha over the top kind of guy. There's a lot of world building in the first book but it's worth it. "

Oh my Rule sounds like just my kind of hero ^_^ I LOVE Roarke, I'm sure I will love Rule too :)

message 14: by Cindi (new)

Cindi (ourtrumpcard) | 381 comments If you like PNR, I recommend Chloé Neil's Chicago land Vampires, Rachel Vincent's Stray series and did you say you read Jeaniene Frost's Night Huntress series ... Gosh, Bones is my book boyfriend!!!

message 15: by Bookish (new)

Bookish (moon513) | 13 comments Hi Cindi! I received Chicago land series as recommendation earlier & added it to to my TBR :) I would look into stray series too. I read 1st two books of Night Prince series by Jennifer Frost. & got recommendation for Night Huntress too! I would definitely read that series. Thanks so much :)

message 16: by Deageo (new)

Deageo | 1 comments Hi Bookish, I am a fan of series/novels with the same couple and I hunt for them :). I have a series of recommendations, here are the first books of the series:
Lord of the Fading Lands (Tairen Soul, #1) by C.L. Wilson
First Grave on the Right (Charley Davidson, #1) by Darynda Jones
Flirting With Danger (Samantha Jellicoe, #1) by Suzanne Enoch
Fatal Affair (Fatal, #1) by Marie Force
Happy Hour (Racing on the Edge, #1) by Shey Stahl
and these are only 2 novels each with the same couples:
Playing with Fire (Tales of an Extraordinary Girl, #1) by Gena Showalter , Twice as Hot (Tales of an Extraordinary Girl #2) by Gena Showalter
Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1) by Penny Reid , Neanderthal Marries Human (Knitting in the City, #1.5) by Penny Reid

message 17: by Bookish (new)

Bookish (moon513) | 13 comments Deageo wrote: "Hi Bookish, I am a fan of series/novels with the same couple and I hunt for them :). I have a series of recommendations, here are the first books of the series:
[bookcover:Lord of the Fading Lands|..."

Thank you Deageo :) Some of your recommendations sounds great especially Tairen Soul series & Tales of an Extraordinary Girl series. I will look into them asap!

message 18: by Cindi (new)

Cindi (ourtrumpcard) | 381 comments The Tairen Soul series was a 5 star all the way thru for me :)

message 19: by Bookish (new)

Bookish (moon513) | 13 comments Cindi wrote: "The Tairen Soul series was a 5 star all the way thru for me :)"

I hope i will like it too Cindi :)

message 20: by Bookish (new)

Bookish (moon513) | 13 comments Karen wrote: "I would recommend Katie MacAlister books.

In her Paranormal series: (Aisling Grey: Guardian 4 books) starring Aisling and Drake. Aisling and Drake also show-up in the other series i..."

I read You slay Me a long long time ago, maybe 3/4 years ago. I don't remember the story but I remember the hero was the type of hero I mentioned in my OP. I guess I didn't like that kind of hero or PN or 1st person narration back then because I didn't continue the series. Thanks for recommending it because I would like to read it again and see if I could love the series.

Thanks for a historical romance series recommendation. I got a lot of PN and contemporary but less historical series names. If I get tired of reading too much PN I can switch to historical. :)