Start by marking “Neanderthal Marries Human (Knitting in the City, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Neanderthal Marries Human (Knitting in the City, #1.5)

Neanderthal Marries Human

(Knitting in the City #1.5)

4.23  ·  Rating details ·  12,771 ratings  ·  1,127 reviews
There are three things you should know about Quinn Sullivan: 1) He is madly in love with Janie Morris, 2) He’s not above playing dirty to get what (or who) he wants, and 3) He doesn’t know how to knit.

After just five months of dating Janie, Quinn—former Wendell and unapologetic autocrat—is ready to propose marriage. In fact, he’s more than ready. If it were up to Quinn,
Paperback, 1st Edition, 410 pages
Published June 14th 2014 by Caped Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Neanderthal Marries Human, please sign up.
Amy (and her hounds) It does contain some spoilers for Friends Without Benefits, so beware if you're reading it before book #2.

·  12,771 ratings  ·  1,127 reviews

Start your review of Neanderthal Marries Human (Knitting in the City, #1.5)
Christy
Jan 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!

description

“I will do anything to prove that to you. I will do anything to prove that what we have is worth a battle. What we have is worth a war.”

I *almost* forgot how much I love Janie and Quinn, but after reading Neanderthal Marries Human, I was reminded in a big way! Penny’s books are always smart, quirky, and fun- this was no exception! I feel like I always learn a little something after reading, plus I’m constantly laughing and smiling! It’s a win-win!

Quinn and Janie are engaged. Now, the weddi
ღFloღ the coffee addict
5 **more McHotpants** STARS

Here is the thing. I’m a bit concerned. There is a significant increase of weddings and Vegas trips in my reading selection at the moment. What’s wrong about that, you ask? Well, my fiancé and I can’t seem to figure out a wedding date and don’t get me started on the in-laws…
My point is, I think mclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
Mo
Nov 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed this one. Loved Quinn and Janie in their book and remembered why in this one. I haven't much time for reviews so this one will be short and sweet. There was one scene with all the knitting ladies in Las Vegas and I swear to God, if you don't laugh at that, not sure what your sense of humour is like. Hilarious.

Loved Quinn. Of course he has IRISH connections, what's not to like?

Loved catching up with her friends. It makes me want to get back to knitting.

S.M. West
Mar 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 Janie & Quinn STARS

This was the perfect follow up to Janie & Quinn's romance. I can't say enough about the fun, the laughs, the love, the friendship and all around feel good read that this was.

"Be beautiful for yourself, Janie. And only if you want to. If a man is worthy of you, he'll see more beauty in who you are than in what you look like."

And having some of this in Quinn's POV was just awesome. Loved his alpha ways and his quietness yet, getting a peakwas.
"Be
Stacey is Sassy
The only way is up...

I did not think I could love it more than the first time I read or listened to Neanderthal Marries Human but I really did. Maybe it's because I love catching up with the knitting girls. Maybe it's because I love it when Quinn goes all mushy gushy. Maybe it's because Janie is such a unique and wonderful character. Honestly, I think it's all of those reasons and more.

I don't know how many times I found myself laughing out loud in public and at first being embarrassed, then stoked bec
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)
I’m trying to remember the last time I laughed this hard while reading a book, and I’m coming up empty. I bought the Kindle version and then added on Audible for $1.99 (well worth the price, in my opinion) so I could listen while driving. I had to keep a travel pack of tissues in the car because I had tears rolling all down my face and whatnot from laughing. I’m amazed I didn’t crash. So yeah. Neanderthal Marries Human is another notch in Penny Reid’s belt of winning smart romantic comedies.

This book is meant to
Lady Gabriella of Awesomeness (On Hiatus)
2.5 I-just-wanted-to-finish-this stars

This book just felt like 410 pages of an extended epilogue for Book 1.

description
No exact plot or story...just conversations and more kintting.

The End.

STRICTLY FOR JAMIE & QUINN fans.
Catarina
5 Completely Amazing Stars!!!

If you read and love the first book (and you HAVE to read it in order to read this one) you know this is the book you’ve been waiting for.
Finally we got more of Janie, the adorable nervous-talker and Quinn, the sexy, broody and previous man-whore, now turned into one-woman man.
It all begin with an… unusual marriage proposal and somehow Janie and Quinn find themselves trapped inside the organization of a big wedding that neither of them really wants. In fact if it were up
Dali
Jan 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I could gorge on books like this! What an incredibly beautiful, sexy, swoony, smart and funny story about family, friends and love! I'll be floating on a sweet, fluffy cloud of happiness every time I think about it.
“I’ve been yours and you’ve been mine since that moment. Today….” I felt his shoulders lift on a shrug before he continued. “Today we’re just making it official.”

Broody, taciturn, smart, sexy Quinn Sullivan is wildly in love with Janie Morris and as with the rest of his endeavors he’s determined and
Sabrina
Jul 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Get it here:
Amazon US * Amazon UK

I usually don't read the .5 books in a series, especially when it follows a couple that already had their HEA, but I couldn't pass up on an opportunity to get more Janie and Quinn. This couple is just so cute together and I loved how this book really showed how open they were with one another. Janie definitely did not lose that quirkiness that made me lo
Dee Montoya
*****6+ + Happy Stars*****

(Arc kindly provided by author in exchange for an honest review)

I love books that bring me happiness and this book left me with a bucket of happy tears and laughs. Neanderthal Marries Human was easily my most anticipated book of this year, being about one of my all time favorite fictional couples, my expectations were high! which of course made me a bit nervous because you never know what to expect when it comes to sequels, but leave it to Penny Reid to surpass my expectations and blow me away wiStars*****
(Arc
Amber
Feb 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book :)

Before the book came out....

Dear Penny,

Making me wait till July is very mean and I don't like it.

Sincerely,
A very sad Amber

:P
FMABookReviews
5 Smart, Sexy, Charming Stars!

WARNING:  lengthy review ahead.

It is no secret that I am a fan of Penny Reid and her writing.  I know I have said it before, but it bears repeating; Penny writes smart books about and for smart women!  She doesn't succumb to using useless drama to fill the pages of her novels.  Her character's are REAL (despite what my daughter might think) and deal with real life situations.

This addition to the Knitting Series was smart, funny and charming.  But, it is also sexy!  And when I say sexy, I mean sexy withoutmean
April
Nov 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
If I could rate this higher I would.
1. Because Neanderthal Seeks Human got 5 stars and deserved 6.
2. And this book is better.

I know. "How is that possible?" How is it possible for Janie to be so much more... Janie? And Quinn to be any hotter, smarter, sexier, funnier, drier, more desirable than Quinn?

They just are.

So, waking the kids from laughing too hard and loud and often happened. Messing up the mascara with unexpected tears happened. Because w
Christie«SHBBblogger»
**ARC provided by author for an honest review**

Title: Neanderthal Marries Human
Series:Knitting in the City #1.5
Author:Penny Reid
Release Date: June 14, 2014
Rating: 5 stars
Cliffhanger:No
HEA: Yes

I am a huge fan of Penny Reid and this Knitting in the City series and I was so excited to get a more in depth look and continuation of Janey and Quinn's story. They're the first couple in the series AND my favorite! My expectations were high going in-I had already fallen in love with them, laughed my butt off at them and swooned and went crazy over Janey's special relationshstars
2014
Human
Knitting
Chan
Jul 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Writing: I really connect with Penny Reid’s writing style. The mechanics are beautiful. I don’t have to reread sentences or try to figure out what Reid is trying to convey.

Characters: More of Janie and Quinn. This is a great relationship. It’s not perfect. It’s quirky, fun and honest. They need each other and their ‘weakness’ is the other’s strength.

Storyline: Quinn proposes to Janie! He wants to marry Janie yesterday. Janie wants to test their love and go through all of the matrimonial rituals. Quinn re/>:/>:
Cyndi
May 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book so very much!! Janie is one of my favorite characters ever and since I love Quinn I was so happy to see them together.
It was such a beautiful wedding and so well written I felt like I was there.
I think I cried more at their wedding than I did my own.

Reread 2/2018- another thing you might find interesting about Janie is that she always wears fabulous high heels, even though she is very tall. That shows true confidence and balance. 😁💕👠
Yodamom
Sep 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 The courtship was fabulous, they fell and here they go to the next step. Yes, they go there to wedding-ville in a round about, beat each other into the bushes, test, test, test, and make me want to scream "this is not worth it" in utter frustration. Janie, with her tests, ARGUH !!! It went too far for me in this book. I admit to having a bit of a hate relationship with weddings/planning them and sure that tainting my views. She made everything so hard, in such ridiculous ways. Luckily it did ...more
Curlyhairlass19
Aug 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Swoon!!

This book was so perfect! I laughed, swooned and sighed my way through it. Janie & Quinn are just perfect for each other. Janie and her spewing of facts, and the fact that Quinn is turned on by this nerdy action. I didn’t want this to end. I love the whole posse and I can’t wait to continue on with the next book. Penny is perfection!

“To Janie, friendship was bigger than family. More than anything, I wanted to be her friend. I knew her body by touch, taste, and smell. I’d
Sophie's Reading Corner
Jul 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This was so cute and if its even possible enjoyed this more than the first book :)
Geri Reads
Jul 01, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars!

Penny Reid has been my go-to author when it comes to quirky, off-beat, funny and unique romance and Neanderthal Marries Human provides that in spades.

Quinn finally convinced Janie to tie the knot and Neanderthal Marries Human tells the events leading up to their big day. And while I expected the humor, being that this is Penny Reid we are talking about, I was pleasantly surprised by the steam I found in this book. I mean, YOWZA!! And it's not even that graphic but damn, I found thi
NinaReader
Aug 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had the pleasure of reading and loving my first Penny Reid book earlier this year when I read The Hooker and the Hermit. I just knew that I had to backtrack and read more of her books.

And that is what mission I'm currently on and man I'm really enjoying it.

She crafts a story so intelligently and makes her characters show not only their outer beauty but more importantly the beauty within them.

This was the super sweet continuation of Quinn and Janie's story. I loved them both. They're one
Elizabeth (Liz)
I'm going to get sappy and greeting-card-esque for a moment because I just can't not say what I so strongly believe is the truth: reading about Janie and Quinn is what I imagine feeling sunshine in your soul to be like. This book--both of Janie and Quinn's books--made me happy in every possible way!! I laughed so hard, and I felt so deeply! Very honestly, these are two of my favorite characters...EVER, EVER, EVER!!!

For those that have read Neanderthal Seeks Human, you're already fami
maggieandteddy
4.5 stars. Extremely funny stars. I thought that the title would spoil it for me--I usually hate when I find out the ending (ala the Title of the book!!!!) before the story/book even starts! Not in this case. It's been a while since I read book 1.
I had very little trouble picking up where Janie & Quinn left off. I love how Quinn totally GETS Janie. She's so surprised-that she thinks what a lot think--that the H will get tired of them & dump them without warning. I'm glad that she cuts o
Josiane
Jun 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the continuation to Neanderthal Seeks Human

It was almost as much fun as the 1st installment but I must admit that while I loved Janie's quirk and random fact spewing in the first book, I found her slightly annoying in this one. I guess she's one of those people you really love and miss but can only take in small doses. It was light and funny and I definitely enjoyed it.
McGee Magoo
How could Penny Reid possibly improve on such a great story like Neanderthal Seeks Human? Two words: More. Quinn.
davidgandy
Let's face it, as great as NSH was, Janie's a little too weird and oblivious and her thoughts take us places that may not be able to help us understand Quinn very well. Plus, he's kind of a reticent person and so his dialogue isn't enough to go on either. The writi
Lindsay
May 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Continuing Janie and Quinn's story through their engagement and marriage and dealing with a number of the outstanding issues from the previous book while also setting the stage for further novels in the series.

There's a lot of acknowledging of the criticisms I had of the previous book going on in this one.

"Quinn is too controlling": he owns that specifically here, but provides the most common and least creepy justification for this, in that he feels that they own each oth
Piper
Jan 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2016
4 1/2 I cried at the wedding stars!!! Will try to review soon. Fast becoming a Penny Reid fan.
Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
Loved this! I listened to the audio version and the narration was fantastic.

I just love Janie's quirky personality and how you never know what she is thinking and what she will say next. Quinn is just gorgeous and his love for Janie is adorable.

If you read the first book then this is a must read.
☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎
Well in this book opposites do attract and you just can't help enjoying the weirdness between an alpha male and his soon to be bride craziness of figuring how things work. Janie is also sweet and considerate of others even though she is querky but funny. Quinn is the opposite of her but enjoys how her mind works. They're the perfect match.
Error on Goodreads' book numbering. Who do I contact? 1 3 Nov 09, 2018 10:32AM
Sharks of Awesome: Neanderthal Marries Human 5 63 Mar 31, 2015 04:06PM

• The Hooker and the Hermit (Rugby, #1)
  • Baking Me Crazy (Donner Bakery, #1)
  • The Player and the Pixie (Rugby, #2)
  • Love in Due Time (Green Valley Library, #1)
  • The Cad and the Co-Ed (Rugby, #3)
  • Stud Muffin (Donner Bakery, #2)
  • Weight Expectations (Cipher Office, #1)
  • Crime and Periodicals (Green Valley Library #2)
  • The Varlet and the Voyeur (Rugby, #4)
  • Happy Trail (Park Ranger, #1)
  • Code of Conduct (Cipher Security, #1)
  • Sticking to the Script (Cipher Office #2)
  • Heidi's Guide to Four Letter Words
  • The Best Thing
  • Prose Before Bros (Green Valley Library, #3)
  • Remedial Rocket Science (Chemistry Lessons, #1)
  • Fix Her Up (Hot & Hammered, #1)
  • Meet Cute
Sign up for the newsletter of awesome: www.pennyreid.ninja/newsletter

Penny Reid is the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today Best Selling Author of the Winston Brothers, Knitting in the City, Rugby, and Hypothesis series. She used to spend her days writing federal grant proposals as a biomedical researcher, but now she just writes books. She’s also a full time mom to three diminutive adults, wife, daughter, knitt

Knitting in the City (7 books)
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
  • Friends Without Benefits (Knitting in the City, #2)
  • Love Hacked (Knitting in the City, #3)
  • Beauty and the Mustache (Knitting in the City, #4; Winston Brothers, #0.5)
  • Happily Ever Ninja (Knitting in the City, #5)
  • Dating-ish (Knitting in the City, #6)
  • Marriage of Inconvenience (Knitting in the City, #7)
“Proposing is like giving someone your dick and a sharp knife, then waiting to see what they do next.” 39 likes
“Blame is a thief. It robs us blind while it wastes our time, time we could be spending as a family, making memories, supporting each other.” 32 likes