Underground Knowledge — A discussion group discussion

The Underground Knowledge Series I-V (Underground Knowledge #1-5)
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Media coverage on Underground Knowledge

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lance, Group Founder (last edited Jul 28, 2017 01:00PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lance Morcan | 2766 comments Here are two recent media interviews my co-author and group co-founder James Morcan has done regarding our books in The Underground Knowledge Series and "underground knowledge" in general.

The first was an interview he did on Boston's Philosophic Perspectives Radio Show with author and radio host Arthur D. Schwartz.
You can watch a video of the interview here:
https://www.goodreads.com/videos/8860...

And the other interview was a print interview with British author Paul Howsley, author of The Year of the Badgers and reporter of social justice issues.

You can read it here: https://paulhowsley.wordpress.com/201...

The Underground Knowledge Series includes:

GENIUS INTELLIGENCE Secret Techniques and Technologies to Increase IQ (The Underground Knowledge Series #1) by James Morcan ANTIGRAVITY PROPULSION Human or Alien Technologies? (The Underground Knowledge Series, #2) by James Morcan MEDICAL INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX The $ickness Industry, Big Pharma and Suppressed Cures (The Underground Knowledge Series, #3) by James Morcan The Catcher in the Rye Enigma J.D. Salinger's Mind Control Triggering Device or a Coincidental Literary Obsession of Criminals? (The Underground Knowledge Series, #4) by James Morcan INTERNATIONAL BANKSTER$ The Global Banking Elite Exposed and the Case for Restructuring Capitalism (The Underground Knowledge Series, #5) by James Morcan Bankrupting the Third World (The Underground Knowledge Series, #6) by James Morcan UNDERGROUND BASES Subterranean Military Facilities and the Cities Beneath Our Feet (The Underground Knowledge Series, #7) by James Morcan The Underground Knowledge Series I-V (Underground Knowledge #1-5) by James Morcan The Orphan Conspiracies 29 Conspiracy Theories from The Orphan Trilogy by James Morcan

message 2: by Lance, Group Founder (last edited Aug 12, 2015 08:26PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lance Morcan | 2766 comments Here is the interview Paul Howsley conducted:

Actor, Author and Film-Maker James Morcan speaks on society, his work, and how “Little Brother is always watching!”

Today, I’m speaking to New Zealand-born actor/writer/producer James Morcan whose books include the thriller series The Orphan Trilogy and the controversial non-fiction Underground Knowledge Series. James’ most recent acting performance was a leading role in the post-Apocalyptic feature film ‘After Armageddon’ which he also wrote. The dystopian adventure film was shot in rural Australia in early 2015 and Morcan co-starred with Berynn Schwerdt (‘Wyrmwood’). His feature films have screened at cinemas in New Zealand, India, Australia, Italy and Cannes. Today though, I will be asking James about his latest work, his thoughts on society, and also what he has going on right now.

On what themes does your work cover and why did you choose those in particular?

The Underground Knowledge Series is an ongoing series of controversial non-fiction books I’m writing with my co-author, and father, Lance Morcan who is a former journalist and newspaper editor. Our titles span various subjects we believe to be important and underreported issues of our era. The sort of topics that constantly get ignored by the mainstream media. So far in this series we have published Genius Intelligence, which covers alternative ways to learn and educate yourself, Antigravity Propulsion, which is about UFOs and whether these craft are man-made or extraterrestrial in origin, and Medical Industrial Complex, which details the sorry state of the healthcare system and how Big Pharma has corrupted modern medicine.

What would be the one thing you would like readers to take away from your series?

That there is more than enough wealth in our world for every man, woman and child to at least receive adequate healthcare, food, shelter and education. When you seriously investigate how much wealth actually exists in the world you soon realise poverty is nothing but an artificial construct. The fact that so many are not aware of this shows how convincingly we’ve all been lied to. A fairer society where every citizen is truly equal regardless of wealth, social background, nationality, education, race, gender or sexuality is possible now. Why is it not happening? Because we do not have the collective desire to make it happen. I think Bono summarised this nicely in a speech he made about how easy it could be to end poverty, where he said, “We have the science, the technology, and the wealth. What we don’t have is the will, and that’s not a reason that history will accept.”

Do you have a snippet from your book to entice a reader?

Certainly. The following is from Medical Industrial Complex:

“It’s a really perverse world where we have almost unlimited military expenditure to finance wars, where our governments readily bail out privately owned banks with multi-trillion dollar relief packages, and yet we cannot cover the measly costs of our own citizens’ basic healthcare.

People need to stop accepting the BS line that it’s all just “too expensive” for governments and that less fortunate individuals must cover every single Goddamn cost by themselves. The less fortunate individuals we refer to include the mentally ill, abuse victims, war vets, the disabled, many of the elderly, the unemployed and, in many cases, employed citizens struggling to make ends meet.

As with education, you can’t put a price on a population’s health. It should be any government’s first expenditure priority, not their last.

We will never have a civilized society until we create a fair and universal health system in which every man, woman and child – no matter their financial situation – has access to medical services when ill.

Healthcare is not a privilege; it’s a human right.”

Is there anything you removed from your final draft that hurt you or you regret?

Given all the hate mail I receive, I’d assume I’m being hurt more by all the controversial points I left in certain books rather than things I deleted! The problem with writing about the kind of topics covered in The Underground Knowledge Series is you can aggravate a lot of people. There are so many different factions of society you can upset, whether they are individuals on the Far Right who believe everything must be earned including even basic healthcare, or academics who believe formal education is the only possible way to learn, or conspiracy theorists of the extreme variety who accept certain theories as fact without demanding proof. But maybe that’s the way it is supposed to be when you’re challenging people’s belief structures – that’s always a difficult pill for many to swallow and some tend to lash out!

Away from your work, what is a major concern to you right now?

Besides the need to fix healthcare and improve education systems, homelessness is another cause I care deeply about. It always breaks my heart whenever I see someone sleeping rough on the streets. I’ve been homeless on two occasions in my life when I was younger and it was truly frightening. Fortunately, in my case, neither occasion lasted long, but it left a lasting impression on me nevertheless. I guess I gained a small glimpse into what that lifestyle would be like long-term. Call me crazy, but I just do not believe we can ever call our society “civilised” when we allow our fellow citizens to live like animals.

What good things do you see right now?

I think in every generation things are always getting better and worse at the same time. It’s a paradox, but it really depends what you deem to be worthy enough to focus on. I don’t think I’m one to bury my head in the sand or overlook the immense problems our society is facing, but all in all I see tremendous opportunities for the masses right now. For example, I tend to subscribe to the optimistic theory of “Little Brother”. This concept essentially says that in his dystopian masterpiece 1984, George Orwell didn’t take technology to its logical conclusion. Meaning, we have been through, or remain in, the Big Brother phase Orwell predicted where fascist-like governments constantly monitor citizens and invade privacy. However, there’s a final phase Orwell possibly didn’t consider which is where everyday citizens, or little brothers, are all equipped with advanced devices that allow us to keep governments honest. I think we can turn the tables on the global elite with our own privately owned cameras, drones and other high-tech devices, and expose the wrongdoings of those in power. So next time you see your local politician, prime minister or president, perhaps you should tell him or her “Little Brother is watching you!”

What advice would you give to aspiring indie authors?

Keep your head down and keep writing no matter what. Don’t compare yourself to others. Every writer has a unique voice: nobody else in the world can write exactly like you can. Now sometimes that uniqueness might come in the form of a rough diamond. Your writing voice may need to be polished through years of writing practice, but practice makes perfect.

The other main bit of advice I’d give to authors is don’t rush to publish books. With the rise of indie publishing sites like Amazon, writers can now publish books as soon as they have completed a draft. This is not always a good thing. What feels ready and complete and perfect today, may not feel like such a masterpiece to you in a year’s time as you evolve your writing or storytelling skills. In Hollywood, there’s a saying “good scripts aren’t written, they are rewritten.” I’ve never published anything that hasn’t gone through exhaustive rewrites, sometimes dozens of rewrites over many years and in a few cases it took a decade to nail the book. You also need to get outside input and aim to get as many heads as you can to provide you with invaluable feedback. It’s better to receive criticism from friends, fellow writers and publishing industry people before you publish, rather than to receive bad reviews upon publication.

What Indie books would you recommend?

Classified Woman by former FBI employee turned whistleblower and social activist Sibel Edmonds is an eye opener and recommended reading for anyone who wants to know how the world really works. I also recently read Harry Whitewolf’s enthralling backpacker odyssey The Road to Purification, which I recommend to anyone who wants to explore a different type of writing and storytelling style.

Are you currently working on anything else?

Lance and I are currently preparing new titles for publication in The Underground Knowledge Series including one called International Banksters which aims to expose the financial crimes of the global elite.

Besides writing books, I’m also an actor and filmmaker and have four new release feature films that I starred in, wrote and/or produced. Two of them, My Cornerstone and Love You Krishna, were co-productions with Bollywood and filmed at locations in Australia and India and incorporated English and Hindi languages. They have social justice themes and expose human rights violations in Indian society such as child marriages and young women being forced into prostitution. Besides those two OZ-Indian co-productions, the other films in early stages of release include a post-Apocalyptic movie titled After Armageddon and the New Zealand romance-thriller Desired which is yet another film I have made about the prostitution industry...but please don’t read too much into that!

I also co-founded with Lance a lively discussion group on Goodreads called Underground Knowledge. It already has over 1,000 members and has attracted some high-level whistleblowers and social activists. I enjoy interacting with the intelligent members of Underground Knowledge and learning from them all.

Any final thoughts?

In terms of all the lies and corruption at the elite levels of governments, sometimes it can get depressing and I personally know people who think the world is doomed and it’s pointless even trying to change it. However, I tend to believe in what William Shakespeare wrote in The Merchant of Venice: “Truth will come to light…at the length, the truth will out.” Eventually, everything rises to the surface and with the advent of citizen journalism it’s getting harder for those in the global elite to get away with certain crimes.

We are in the early stages of creating a new, fairer world in my opinion. You can kill a whistleblower, or a hundred, but you can’t kill an entire movement. All we as a people have to do is unite and recognise we are the power as we are the majority. The corrupt elite are a tiny, and vulnerable, minority by comparison. Admittedly, guys like Edward Snowden, Julian Assange or Martin Luther King are sitting ducks on their own. But what happens when you’ve got an entire population demanding the exact same things?

Thank you so much to James Morcan for such excellent answers to my questions. I particularly enjoyed his comments regarding turning Orwell’s vision on its head with the suggestion that “Little Brother” is the logical next step. Total surveillance is worrying but at least that’s one small silver lining to the whole subject; keeping those with power in check and indeed, the truth will out.

message 3: by Lance, Group Founder (last edited Jul 20, 2016 12:23AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lance Morcan | 2766 comments James Morcan talks to Arthur D. Schwartz on Boston's Philosophic Perspectives Radio Show: https://www.goodreads.com/videos/1059...

Topics covered include:
-Debunking Holocaust Denial Theories
-Anti-Semitism
-The Middle East Conflict
-Donald Trump!

Debunking Holocaust Denial Theories Two Non-Jews Affirm the Historicity of the Nazi Genocide by James Morcan Debunking Holocaust Denial Theories Two Non-Jews Affirm the Historicity of the Nazi Genocide by James Morcan Debunking Holocaust Denial Theories Two Non-Jews Affirm the Historicity of the Nazi Genocide by James Morcan

message 4: by Lance, Group Founder (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lance Morcan | 2766 comments UNDERGROUND KNOWLEDGE SHARED BY JAMES MORCAN IN LAS VEGAS MEDIA INTERVIEW (Declassified Black Ops, Undocumented Wealth, etc) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8yeG...

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.