Start by marking “Debunking Holocaust Denial Theories” as Want to Read:
Debunking Holocaust Denial Theories

Debunking Holocaust Denial Theories

DEBUNKING HOLOCAUST DENIAL THEORIES: Two Non-Jews Affirm the Historicity of the Nazi Genocide, by independent researchers and filmmakers James Morcan & Lance Morcan with a foreword by Holocaust survivor Hetty E. Verolme (author of The Children's House of Belsen), aims to end the denial once and for all by tackling the bizarre phenomenon head-on.

Written in close consult
Published July 15th 2016 by Sterling Gate Books (first published April 28th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Debunking Holocaust Denial Theories, please sign up.
Peter Because he was a total madman. You must remember that when Hitler came to power the German Jews were fully integrated in German society.
Yet Hitler (by…more
Yet Hitler (by the way, this is an assumed name: he was born with the name of Schickelgruber) instantly started blaming all ills on the Jews. There were some Jews who laughed while listening to his speeches because they assumed that such a madman will never be accepted by the decent German society. Boy, were these Jews ever wrong!

And keep in mind the following fact. When the Nazis started deporting Jews to extermination camps, we were told that we are destined for labor camps. We -- and the rest of the world -- believed that because it was so logical. Nobody could conceive gas chambers and crematoria. This is also why the gas chambers were disguised as showers.

Even when the full truth reached the Western powers, nobody, including President Roosevelt, could believe it.(less)
James Morcan Thanks Joe.
Yes, someone should write books to cover the history of the genocide in Armenia in 1915 and specifically debunk those denying that tragedy.…more
Thanks Joe.
I wasn't aware anyone was denying Japan's war crimes in Unit 731 during WW2, but that was certainly a human rights tragedy that must never be forgotten - I have briefly written about Unit 731 in some of my other books. The Soviet Union's Holodomor tragedy, the Killing Fields in Cambodia in the 1970s and the genocide of Rwandans in the 1990s are other key genocides of the last century or so.
There will always be deniers unfortunately and people seeking to revise history (which in truth is attempting to deny aspects of history) to suit their own ugly agendas.
James(less)

Lilo
May 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: every decent person on this planet who can read
Recommended to Lilo by: Peter Kubicek (Holocaust survivor and author of "Memories of Evil"
This preliminary review was written on July 27, 2016:

I started to read this book last June but had to interrupt because I was too busy with with other things and could not properly concentrate on this topic.

This book is too important to read it "on the side". I'll pick it up again as soon as I'll be able to give it the attention it deserves.

The preliminary review was supplemented as follows on February 5, 2017:

I picked up this book again in September 2016 and finished reading it. Because of all
Montzalee Wittmann
How can people deny history?

Debunking Holocaust Denial Theories by James Morgan is a fact filled book about a horrible time in our history. I don't know how anyone with even 2 brain cells could deny the Holocaust! This book is packed with facts, pictures, and quotes. It really is a tear- jerker of a book. It's sad that genocide is not over even after the Him look at Rowanda, and Camp 22.
Harry Whitewolf

I bet a lot of people who look at the title of this book - ‘Debunking Holocaust Denial Theories’ – will wonder what the point of reading it is, when it’s so obvious that Holocaust denial theories are complete bunk that don’t need to be debunked in the first place.

Unfortunately, plenty of people do buy into such dangerous nonsense as Holocaust revisionism (mostly due to propaganda put about by anti-Semites), and as the authors point out, Holocaust denial beliefs are often entwined with the far ri
Peter
Jul 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a most important book. Spoiler alert: I actually contributed some material to the authors and they generously mention my name in the Acknowledgements. See also page 56 where they quote from my book "Memories of Evil: Recalling a World War II Childhood." Also look at pages 49 and 50.

Peter Kubicek
Author of the above mentioned book
Prisoner #119,748
Never forget -- never forgive!
Irene
May 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ww2-nazi, fav-authors
Learning a lot. A+ so far.

Wow. If you ever had any doubts, read this book. Well researched and very well written too!
Yvonne Crowe
May 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Denying an historical fact
I must admit I have never understood the Holocaust denial industry and find it unbearably sad that the talented team of father and son, Lance and James Morcan have deemed it necessary to take issue with these racial bigots, but nevertheless am pleased they have.
As an avid lover of history I have puzzled over the persistent and consistent anti semitism that runs unabated through its annals of time. Why an intelligent race of consistent high achievers who generally wen
Nicholas Smith
Sep 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found this to be a very clear and well presented argument against the main points raised by deniers. Having read through a number of denier sites, it is clear that a very deliberate deception is carried out by those actively willing to spread lies. Books like this are essential tools in fighting for truth especially given the declining numbers of living witnesses to the Holocaust. If I was to make a minor grumble it would be that, for my tastes, too many of the references are to secondary sour ...more
Sheri
Apr 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
DEBUNKING HOLOCAUST DENIAL THEORIES: Two Non-Jews Affirm the Historicity of the Nazi Genocide By James & Lance Morcan

A fantastic book about the people who do not believe the Holocaust happened, or happened the way it was reported in History. The Authors did a fantastic job with research and plenty of reliable sources. They had stories from Nazi documents, eyewitnesses, scientific report, and graphic photographs. In my opinion this is one of the best books about the horrific crimes of the Hol
Katherine Holmes
This book compiles information about the Holocaust with the mission of dispelling disbelief of it, arranged by arguments concerning it. For me, the Holocaust is a difficult subject for reading. I am not a denier. But I am not clear on many points about it so when I found that the writing was concise and introduced various sources, I kept reading. I had not known how the Nazi machine could make use of American companies, and I did not know the extent of the Nazi cover-up, how evidence was unearth ...more
Pam
Debunking Holocaust Denial Theories: Two non-Jews Affirm the Historicity of the Nazi Genocide is an excellent book by James and Lance Morcan. It is well researched and well thought out. They have spoken to Holocaust survivors as well World War II historians.
In this well documented book, they attack five areas deniers talk about and prove the deniers wrong. They discuss the 6 million number figure that deniers claim is wrong; the gas chamber exterminations that are claimed to be false; Hitler an
Winter Sophia Rose
Haunting, Shocking, Heart Wrenching, Insightful & Informative! A Fantastic Read! I Loved It!
Lisa Norris
Apr 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Holocaust denier or not, this book is for you. It covers more of what the Holocaust is truly about than you will find in any one place. Not only does the book cover numerous claims from Holocaust deniers, but the great detail the authors go into explaining why their claims are a hoax, should not leave a doubt in any an intelligent mind... so after reading this book and you still have doubts...

As a reader, I was taken on a traumatic historical journey of the 'Unfortunates'. Included in this journ
Faith Robeson
Feb 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was hard to believe that historical facts can be so upsetting to that they need to diffuse and deny. This book is very are opening about the people who want to blame everyone including the Jews for masterminding such a horrible time in world history. I couldn't put the book form. Each page contained another bizarre theory that it was hard to wrap my mind on where this these thoughts were coming from.
I highly recommend reading this if you want to see the insane ideas on how the Holocaust happe
Lain L
Feb 26, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dropped, nonfiction
I was hoping for a professional account of the Holocaust and a straight forward debunking of Holocaust denial theories.

Instead, I got a book littered with personal attacks against Holocaust deniers, such as "if you want to debate history with the big boys then perhaps you should spend a little less time preaching and go back to school", and "If anti-Semitism hadn't been responsible for so much murder, destruction and suffering over the centuries, this loony conspiracy theory of Jewish global do
Novall
May 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The sincere effort here makes a healthy contribution to an overview of Holocaust denial and delivers one more eulogy to the pseudo-historical rhetoric and pseudo-research buttressing the deniers’ faux arguments.

With clear organization of the information, the author deposes the ignorance within the contructs permeating the entire genre of Holocaust denial and revisionism.

Also refer to the excellent book, Denying History: Who Says the Holocaust Never Happened & Why Do They Say It? by Shermer
David
Jun 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Factual information can always withstand intense scrutiny and dissection whereas lies and falsehoods cannot."

I opened this book wanting to take away an understanding of what holocaust deniers believe, and I came away with much more. One thing I found particularly interesting was how far back in history some of the seemingly modern day theories actually stem from, and the blatant antisemitic beliefs that the major proponents of these ideas in modern times actually are!

I have used this book as a
Sterling Gate Books
NB: This is a review from the publisher.
Mike
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great

Loved it i love all true books on the Nazis and love to learn more so keep it up please
Georgiann Hennelly
A truly Fantastic book about people who do not believe the Holocaust ever happened or that it happened the way History recorded it. The author's did a great job with plenty of research and reliable sources. There are stories from Nazi documents and graphic photographs. I highly recommend for Y/A to Adult Readers.
PaulHargreaves
Nov 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 starts for message (unbelievable it has to be even written), but let down by poor production values (that nasty glossy self published feel) and too generic pictures (mostly culled from wikipedia)

However, it needs to be read by a younger generation, to whom WW2 is a black hole of knowledge.
Lee
Dec 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Congratulations to the authors for confronting popular denial arguments and showing them for the uninformed Anti Semitic fools they are.Anybody who trawls around youtube,conspiracy forums and even some more respectable outlets will see the same arguments appear against the holocaust,here, in an easy to read style, the authors blow these apart with logic and most of all the evidence,much of it from the Nazis themselves.
My only regret is they didn't touch,for the most part, on the backgrounds of p
A.J. Saktiana
Jun 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I quite enjoyed reading this. I was learn something, I need to be more open-minded about any issues. Because I found many fallacies behind every truth had given from this book.
Grahamalba
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Started reading this after reading that rubbish about Churchill. A book on history where the authors did some ground work before putting pen to paper. Will read more from them sometime in the future. A lot of it I knew and a few things that I did not.
Igor
Feb 10, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Well I absolutely HATED this book. No, I'm not a denier, as far as possible from it. But I still hated it. See, this book is supposed to debunk denial for the general public, but it does a very poor job of it. What should be a popular summary of the current research is a random collection of Internet quotes by other amateurs from random blogs or sites like Quora sprayed with random photos from the Internet.

We need books and videos that make the research accessible for the general reader, this is
Chakib Lefkir
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: history
Might only be useful as a starting point if you're completely oblivious to what historians or deniers say, and even then, there are better starting points, like the RationalWiki article on Holocaust denial or the Jewish Virtual Library website.
What drags the quality of the book to the ground is its poor writing. Not only does it read like a rant on some blog, but the authors take too much of a personal tone in it, in a manner that debunking attempts should not. Cold hard facts are what's useful
obs20
Dec 29, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Debunking lies

Despite the author's reputation this volume stays true to its mission and makes a convincing case against the holocaust deniers.
Sterling Gate Books
Nov 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: holocaust
NB: This review is from the publisher.
James Morcan
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Lifevfate
Nov 03, 2018
sw
Sep 19, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• World Odyssey (The World Duology, #1)
  • A Terrible Revenge: The Ethnic Cleansing of the East European Germans
  • Flory: Survival in the Valley of Death
  • Explaining Hitler: The Search for the Origins of His Evil
  • The Transfer Agreement: The Dramatic Story of the Secret Pact Between the Third Reich and Jewish Palestine
  • Statements
  • The Best Bits of Physics
  • Boundaries: How the Mason-Dixon Line Settled a Family Feud and Divided a Nation
  • Who Really Killed Kennedy?: The Ultimate Guide to the Assassination Theories--50 Years Later
  • Ngàn năm áo mũ
  • Martin Luther King, Jr., on Leadership: Inspiration and Wisdom for Challenging Times
  • War and Revolution: Rethinking the Twentieth Century
  • J.C. Leyendecker
  • An Exile in Japan (Adolf #2)
  • The Art of Seeing Things
  • Leonardo's Legacy: How da Vinci Reimagined the World
  • Nietzsche and Zen: Self Overcoming Without a Self
  • Endless Enemies
New Zealand-born actor/writer/producer James Morcan resides in Sydney, Australia. He has written two bestselling novels, performed in various international film productions and is a podcast host. His books have been translated into eight languages (Arabic, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Norwegian, French, Afrikaans, German).

Morcan's published titles include the new release horror Silent Fear (A no
“All truth-seekers should study the genocide that was the Holocaust and ask themselves how on Earth this event was 'allowed' to occur, keeping in mind allowed is the correct term as there was no shortage of witnesses, including those all over Europe who stood by and did nothing to intervene. If those bystanders hadn’t just stood by, perhaps the history books would tell a different story.” 8 likes
“Believe it or not, many people are so fearful of Jewish people – whether they be Jews in Israel, the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia or wherever – they are convinced this tiny minority of 13 million people is secretly ruling the world’s 7.5 billion people AND can effortlessly revise any episode of history AND can fake such well-documented and scientifically-proven historical events as the Holocaust.” 6 likes