2015 Reading Challenge [Closed] discussion

2016 Challenge Suggestions > [Closed] Voting for 6th Mini-Poll

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura, Mod (new)

Laura | 599 comments Mod
The 2016 Reading Challenge will continue the concept of this year's challenge, with 52 weekly topics. Users then choose a book fitting each topic in order to complete the challenge.

How polls will work:
The topics for the 2016 RC list will be determined through 13 mini-polls. Each user will vote for their favorite 4 topics in each mini-poll, which will then add up to the 52 topics (13 polls x 4 topics/poll=52 weekly topics).

Sixth poll:
Voting ends August 18

Rules:
- One vote per poll per user

Survey Link

The current running list of themes can be found in the first post of the Announcements thread.

* The survey will navigate to the home page after you submit but results have been recorded

message 2: by Laura, Mod (new)

Laura | 599 comments Mod
I realized that I didn't post a compiled list in the suggestion thread so here it is now:

- A book about books (in which books play a major part or are an important feature of the context).
- A book about an animal/pet.
- A book with an end of times/ apocalyptic theme
- A book about a thing that goes bump in the night (i.e. vampires, monsters, etc.)
- A book you started but never finished
- A book with a ghost in it
- A censored book
- A crime story
- Chick-lit
- A book about science
- A book with one of the five Ws -or H (Who/What/When/Where/Why/How) in the title or subtitle
- Any genre with something from nature in the title
- A book with a male or female noun or pronoun in the title (i.e. he/she, boy/girl, man/woman, etc.)
- A book set in the country of your ancestors
- A book set in the country of your ancestors
- A short story collection
- A non-fiction book
- Reread one of your favorite books
- A book written when your mother/father was a teenager
- A book whose plot is based in a fairytale
- A book with a word in the title that describes a time of day/night

message 3: by Laura, Mod (new)

Laura | 599 comments Mod
Jeanie, I totally forgot to include your suggestion. I have family visiting right now so I'm a little out of it and I posted the survey when I first woke up this morning. So I have to plead temporary insanity. But I can include your suggestion in the next mini-poll and it won't count as your single suggestion for the poll. So essentially you can suggest two themes in the next poll if you want to. I'm sorry!

message 4: by Jeanie (new)

Jeanie (lewisia) | 28 comments Laura wrote: " Jeanie, I totally forgot to include your suggestion. I have family visiting right now so I'm a little out of it and I posted the survey when I first woke up this morning. So I have to plead tempor..."

It's OK, Laura. Please don't worry about it!

You're not alone in forgetting things occasionally,I wish I could remember all the things I need to.

I hope you're having a lovely time with your visiting family members.

message 5: by Zaz, Mood Minion (new)

Zaz | 1387 comments Mod
Some interesting ideas in this batch, but it was easier to decide than the previous week. I would like to see one of the paranormal books in the winners, so we'll have something to read for Halloween!

message 6: by Laura, Mod (new)

Laura | 599 comments Mod
That's a good idea, Zaz! I'm a big horror reader so I didn't even think about it being devoted to a certain time of year :p

message 7: by Laura, Mod (new)

Laura | 599 comments Mod
Thanks, Jeanie, it's always nice to spend time with family but I think "vacations" are more tiring than everyday life! haha

message 8: by Ella (new)

Ella | 234 comments So many good choices! It was hard to choose.

message 9: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Barstad (maidenoflight) Lots of great ideas, but I too found it easier to pick my top 4 than last week. Really hoping at least 2 of the ones I picked will make it.

message 10: by Francesca (new)

Francesca | 391 comments Laura wrote: "That's a good idea, Zaz! I'm a big horror reader so I didn't even think about it being devoted to a certain time of year :p"

Haha! I'm the same! It always makes me laugh when it gets close to Halloween and people are like 'time to watch horror movies or read horror' and I'm just sat there surrounded by all the horror books and DVD's that I've read and watched throughout the year like 'yeah, ok'.

message 11: by Elín Birna (new)

Elín Birna (elinbirna) | 34 comments Nice ideas! Just voted in the nick of time!
But maybe the chick-lit suggestion would be more inclusive if it were named chick-lit/lad-lit though (which maybe only adds Nick Hornby, but I hope you get my point :P )

message 12: by Laura, Mod (new)

Laura | 599 comments Mod
I'm glad you were able to get a vote in!