CPL's Book Quest: The Challenge discussion

2015 Weekly Threads > Week 32: What are you reading?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Liz (new)

Liz (liz_the_librarian) Did everyone complete the Summer Reading Challenge? I believe most branches will be selecting their winners in the next few days! Congrats to everyone who completed the challenge. Now back to the 52 Book Pickup...

I finally had some more time to read last week (all I had to do was come down with strep throat and head out of town for a conference). I finished The Way of Shadows, which was a really great fantasy novel - the first in a trilogy that I will definitely be finishing.

I also finished Armada without much to report. I'm interested to hear other's thoughts on it, though.

This week I started listening to The Fold. It sounds very interesting and sufficiently suspenseful. It also really makes me wish teleportation was real (it would have saved me from sitting on standby for 5 hours at the Philadelphia airport yesterday).

I'm also almost done with To Kill a Mockingbird. I'm flying through it; I'd forgotten how good it was. Despite the mixed reviews, I'm looking forward to getting into Go Set a Watchmen when I'm done with TKAM.

Share what you are reading this week!

message 2: by Ann (last edited Aug 13, 2015 03:50PM) (new)

Ann (ann-fracturedfiction) | 451 comments I'm currently reading two books: the first is Smoke and Mirrors by Neil Gaiman, the other is Information Doesn't Want to be Free by Cory Doctorow (with forewords by Neil Gaiman & Amanda Palmer)-a fascinating book about copyright and DRM and being an artist in the Internet age.
Not sure what to read next. It's a mystery.
Smoke and Mirrors by Neil Gaiman Information Doesn't Want to Be Free Laws for the Internet Age by Cory Doctorow

message 3: by Liz (new)

Liz (liz_the_librarian) Cory Doctorow is pretty cool. He also has some great fiction books that I recommend. I really liked Little Brother, though I wasn't as big a fan of the sequel.

message 4: by Ann (new)

Ann (ann-fracturedfiction) | 451 comments I'll have to add him to the authors to read.

message 5: by Candis (new)

Candis | 2 comments Im listening to The Omnivores Dilemna and reading Middlesex.

Middlesex is difficult for me to get through because every time I hit a dull bit I want to give up on this book. If I have to drop it I'm going to try again with the audio book.

Im hoping that the Omnivores Dilemna will help me through this love hate relationship I have with food. I just started it today so I'll see where that goes!

message 6: by J (new)

J (luckyladyvabch) | 177 comments Mod
I'm an rereading the Divergent series - I just watched Insurgent and didn't recognize the story line at all - so I started the series again - this will be like the 3rd time reading it. I'm also reading the 3rd and hopefully the final story of Project Paper Dolls and A list of things that didn't kill me :)

The World of Divergent The Path to Allegiant (Divergent, #2.5) by Veronica Roth The Trials (Project Paper Doll, #3) by Stacey Kade A List of Things That Didn't Kill Me by Jason Schmidt