Great Middle Grade Reads discussion

ARCHIVES > Stepping Up

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jemima (new)

Jemima Pett | 1424 comments Mod
Well, that was a surprise!

Hello everybody, I'm Jemima, and I've had my arm twisted been invited to become your new moderator, at least until M G decides she's had enough of school and wants to return.

You may not have seen me much, although I was pretty active when the group was first set up; I've been lurking in the background for a while now as I've been busy writing books. I have a series for older MG, which runs to six books now, and a seventh part-written. I also have a memoir and a scifi in preparation and I'm editor of the BookElves Anthology - we're working on the second volume now.

So having told you all that, I will confess I don't have any kids to try out MG books on, I've a science background, so I know nothing about libraries or educating kids, but I love MG books, and I hope we'll have a great time together.

And I live in Norfolk, UK, which is why I spell words properly oddly.

Look forward to chatting with you a lot more than I have been!

Cheryl has hopes her life will calm down soonish (cherylllr) I've seen you around enough to feel like I know you well enough to offer you a most heartfelt Welcome and Thank You for your work on behalf of the group.

(Good thing I don't try to write professionally. ;)

message 3: by Laurence (new)

Laurence John (laurencestjohn) | 25 comments Yes, thank you!!

message 4: by Lesley (new)

Lesley thanks for taking over!

message 5: by S.W. (new)

S.W. (swlothian) | 843 comments Mod
Jemima wrote: "Well, that was a surprise!

Hello everybody, I'm Jemima, and I've had my arm twisted been invited to become your new moderator, at least until M G decides she's had enough of school and wants to re..."

Great to have you stepping up, Jemima. I'm sure that you'll use your new superpowers for good. ;)

message 6: by M.G. (new)

M.G. King (mgking) | 728 comments Looking forward to seeing you around a lot more : )

message 7: by Justine (new)

Justine Laismith (justinelaismith) | 312 comments Thanks for stepping up Jemima. I'm sure we'll have a great time together!

message 8: by J.S. (new)

J.S. Jaeger (jsjaeger) | 175 comments Thanks for accepting the invitation!

message 9: by Jemima (new)

Thanks you all for your warm comments. I'll soon make you change your minds (Mwah, hah, hah...)

message 10: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 78 comments Jemima wrote: "Well, that was a surprise!

Hello everybody, I'm Jemima, and I've had my arm twisted been invited to become your new moderator, at least until M G decides she's had enough of school and wants to re..."

Thanks so much for stepping up. I'm sure this will continue to be an active and welcoming group.

message 11: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Moore Welcome to your new role, fearless leader! (I'm laughing!) I hope you have fun (this is such a welcoming crowd)and I'll see you around.

message 12: by Jemima (new)

Stephen wrote: "Welcome to your new role, fearless leader! (I'm laughing!) I hope you have fun (this is such a welcoming crowd)and I'll see you around."
You fools... now I have you in my power.... :)

message 13: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Eisenmeier (carpelibrumbooks) | 73 comments Thanks, Jemima.

message 14: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (teff1979) welcome

message 15: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Douglass (rdouglass) | 1673 comments Mod
So glad you said yes, and have stepped up just as I went away for the 3rd time this summer! I'm home now, and look forward to modding alongside you :)

P.S. I like to spell words oddly, too. Sometimes they are correct in other countries. Sometimes they are just odd :D

message 16: by Jemima (new)

Rebecca wrote: "...just as I went away for the 3rd time this summer! ...

P.S. I like to spell words oddly, too. Somet..."

3rd time! Jealous >:)

Odd is good. You never know whose language you might be speaking!

message 17: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Douglass (rdouglass) | 1673 comments Mod
Jemima wrote: "Rebecca wrote: "...just as I went away for the 3rd time this summer! ...

P.S. I like to spell words oddly, too. Somet..."

3rd time! Jealous >:)"

Yeah, but this third one was 2800 miles in 6 days, leaving my son at college! More exhausting than fun, really.