What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Sign of the Black Dagger
This topic is about The Sign of the Black Dagger
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Anyone know a book with a light blue cover and a knife/sword on it?! [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sara (new)

Sara Carmichael | 2 comments Okay, i am looking for a book i read ages ago but it's been bothering me so much! Its about a young girl whose father has disappeared. She wants to become a journalist and carries a small notepad around with her. She then finds a book in her house(?) in the fireplace, its a book/ journal from years back and contains a story which helps her find her father. I think he is in an apartment somewhere that she manages to find with the help of the journal.
I'm sure it has a light blue cover with a sword or knife on it, and it may have a sword or knife in the title :) I would be so grateful if you anyone knew and could let me know what this book is! Thank you :)

Amy (Other Amy) | 166 comments The story is not at all familiar but cover searches fascinate me, so here is what Google images found. Overwhelmingly sword and sorcery books, but maybe one will look familiar. Sorry I don't have any better ideas.

Amy (Other Amy) | 166 comments Hmmm. My html-fu seems not to be up to par today. Here is the link.
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&a...

Or just type "book cover blue with sword OR knife" in a Google image search.

message 4: by Sara (new)

Sara Carmichael | 2 comments Thank you! I have found it! :) It turns out it was The Sign of The Black Dagger by Joan Lingard! Turns out i just got mixed up, thank you for your help though :)

Amy (Other Amy) | 166 comments The Sign of the Black Dagger sounds interesting! Glad you found it.