Once Upon a YA Book discussion

SU&R -Just Chat > Do you re-read

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tammie (new)

Tammie Tackett do you a rebook

message 2: by Prex (new)

Prex Ybasco (prexybasco) | 28 comments I love rereading the Harry Potter series every year. I often start during my Christmas Break and it depends on how busy I am the following days when I can finish all of them. There was a time though that I couldn't go back to my reading pace because I still hadn't finished book 4 but it's a hard habit to break.

message 3: by Izabela (new)

Izabela Popis (Bellaandherbooks) | 11 comments I'm almost always re-reading Harry Potter in winter, I honestly don't know why but it seems like the best time. In summer I tend to re-read The Mortal Instruments. Currently, I'm re-reading Bridget Jones hahahaha

message 4: by Prex (new)

Prex Ybasco (prexybasco) | 28 comments Izabela wrote: "I'm almost always re-reading Harry Potter in winter, I honestly don't know why but it seems like the best time."

Yey! I'm not alone!

message 5: by Izabela (new)

Izabela Popis (Bellaandherbooks) | 11 comments I thought I was as well! Harry Potter just has that amazing, cosy, wintery feel to it, right?

message 6: by Prex (new)

Prex Ybasco (prexybasco) | 28 comments Izabela wrote: "I thought I was as well! Harry Potter just has that amazing, cosy, wintery feel to it, right?"

It sure has. Darn, I miss the books and it's your fault hehehe

message 7: by Izabela (new)

Izabela Popis (Bellaandherbooks) | 11 comments Now talking about them makes me want to read them again hahaha but I've got to wait till winter eh?

message 8: by Izabela (new)

Izabela Popis (Bellaandherbooks) | 11 comments Now talking about them makes me want to read them again hahaha but I've got to wait till winter eh?

message 9: by Prex (new)

Prex Ybasco (prexybasco) | 28 comments I have Goblet of Fire right in front of me so I may flip through some pages any time *evil laugh*

message 10: by Izabela (new)

Izabela Popis (Bellaandherbooks) | 11 comments I've got all of them on the bookshelf that I'm facing now, I'm just torn between finishing Bridget Jones and starting another book. Oh whyyyyyyyy?! Hahaha

message 11: by Prex (new)

Prex Ybasco (prexybasco) | 28 comments I still have to finish a book and give it a review too so we're in the same boat...

message 12: by Izabela (new)

Izabela Popis (Bellaandherbooks) | 11 comments What are you reading and how far into it are you?

message 13: by Prex (new)

Prex Ybasco (prexybasco) | 28 comments It is a fantasy novel of an indie author so I am trying my best to give justice to it. It doesn't help that I have just finished A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness so I am a little emotionally unstable.

Haven't you noticed? I think we should have our own Chat room. haha

message 14: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine (jassimplyreads) Prex wrote: "It is a fantasy novel of an indie author so I am trying my best to give justice to it. It doesn't help that I have just finished A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness so I am a little emotionally uns..."

How's the book? I've heard something good about it and decided to read it sometime later.

message 15: by Paul (new)

Paul Bowler | 6 comments Tammie wrote: "do you a rebook"

Any time I feel down, I reread any Terry Pratchett book that's closest to hand. It's like a familiar holiday, never fails to make me feel better.

message 16: by Ellie (new)

Ellie | 14 comments I try to reread every book I've liked, just because I understand the story and remember it better but this is not always possible as I buy books too often to be able to reread them...

message 17: by Prex (new)

Prex Ybasco (prexybasco) | 28 comments Jasmine wrote: "How's the book? I've heard something good about it and decided to read it sometime later."

I haven't been able to review the book yet (it's on top of my to-do list) but all I can say is it takes me back to my childhood when imaginary friends exist and how I refused to grow up because I was afraid to face the world Grown-ups face everyday (ok, I have to stop now- spoiler alert!)

I do hope you'll have the time to read it.

message 18: by Nikita (last edited Aug 26, 2015 06:16AM) (new)

Nikita Yes, but not often as I would like because I have SO many books to read that I only re-read book series when the series has a new book coming out and I want to refresh my memory. Other times, I re-read them when I haven't read them in more than three years or it's because it's a really, really good series. It's not as much fun as reading them the first time but when you want to re-read a series no matter how many times, it means something. I love falling in love with the story, the characters and everything else that makes the book all over again.

message 19: by Mugzy (new)

Mugzy (mugzys) | 29 comments I re-read a lot of series! Especially when a new one comes out. But usually only those I really like (Harry Potter, Girl of Fire and Thorns, Graceling, Throne of Glass, Stormlight Archive)

message 20: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Tran | 9 comments I read Dark Confessions of an Extraordinary, Ordinary Woman two times. Learn something new both times.

message 21: by Prex (new)

Prex Ybasco (prexybasco) | 28 comments Mugzy wrote: "I re-read a lot of series! Especially when a new one comes out. But usually only those I really like (Harry Potter, Girl of Fire and Thorns, Graceling, Throne of Glass, Stormlight Archive)"

Maybe because we get the chance to find new interpretations every time we reread... Some other people consider it a waste of time though. They'd rather read new books.

message 22: by Mugzy (new)

Mugzy (mugzys) | 29 comments Prex wrote: "Mugzy wrote: "I re-read a lot of series! Especially when a new one comes out. But usually only those I really like (Harry Potter, Girl of Fire and Thorns, Graceling, Throne of Glass, Stormlight Arc..."

Yeah! Especially if you re-read at different times in your life. Like now I'm re-reading Throne of Glass and I'm finding a lot more of the literature speaks to me as opposed when I read Heir of Fire last year.

message 23: by Prex (new)

Prex Ybasco (prexybasco) | 28 comments Mugzy wrote: Like now I'm re-reading Throne of Glass and I'm finding a lot more of the literature speaks to me

Is it good? I am busy reading ARCs lately.

message 24: by Mugzy (new)

Mugzy (mugzys) | 29 comments Prex wrote: Is it good? I am busy reading ARCs lately."

It is! I love novels with strong heroines. But this is only my second re-read so I've yet to completely analyze underlying themes and give a full character layout. My problem is I get wrapped up in the story, which is a good one, a few twists. It's based in a sort of medieval setting, which I also love.

message 25: by Prex (new)

Prex Ybasco (prexybasco) | 28 comments Mugzy wrote: My problem is I get wrapped up in the story, which is a good one, a few twists. It's based in a sort of medieval setting, which I also love.

It reminds me of "White Queen" from Philippa Gregory. Have you read it?

message 26: by Mugzy (new)

Mugzy (mugzys) | 29 comments Prex wrote: It reminds me of "White Queen" from Philippa Gregory. Have you read it?"

No but I'll definitely look into it! Always looking for new books to read, thanks! :)