Start by marking “Dark Confessions of an Extraordinary, Ordinary Woman” as Want to Read:
Dark Confessions of an Extraordinary, Ordinary Woman

Dark Confessions of an Extraordinary, Ordinary Woman

Dark Confessions of an Extraordinary, Ordinary Woman is a raw and emotional coming-of-age story. It follows the author from a fearless little girl, to an insecure teenager, to a confident woman who truly knows her worth in this world. The story begins with the author's crazy and reckless rebellion after her parent's divorce. Alcohol, drugs, and petty crimes were the inevit ...more
Published February 1st 2014 by Little Creek Books, Imprint of Jan-Carol Publishing, Inc

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Confessions of an Extraordinary, Ordinary Woman

Teresa
Oct 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I decided to revise my review because of the impact this story has on people. It made me finally leave an abusive marriage that I was stuck in for far too long. I recently gave my copy to a young woman who was in a horrible relationship. She ended the relationship within a day of reading it. She said everything in the book reminded her of her own situation. That is the power of this story. Sincerest gratitude to the author for sharing it.
Liz
Mar 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book was a real eye-opener. The author shared personal details of her life, but it felt like she was talking about me. Reading it gave me a new perspective on my own relationship, as well as a new found confidence and zest for life. I highly recommend this book.
Shawna
Apr 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Dark confessions was a powerful, well written book that delves into the mind of someone trapped. Abuse and a life lived with it, is only too common and this author allows us to understand the question that we all ask; Why? A good read for someone looking to make a change in their life.
April Wood
Sep 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
What’s It About?

Dark Confessions of an Extraordinary, Ordinary Woman is a memoir that address the question, “why do so many women stay in abusive relationships?” This biography follow the life of Author Jenn Sadai, from a rebellious teenager, to a troubled relationship with an emotionally and physically abusive boyfriend, to realizing her dreams of becoming a marathon runner, and a published author. This author’s tale is inspirational, encouraging, and brutally honest.

My Thoughts

I am not often p
Lisa
Jan 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
For young adult/coming-of-age readers, I have to say right away – this is a different kind of story. And I think it has that much more value for its realism, honesty, and personal character.
While I do like the usual fiction YA with all the high-school drama and love triangles, sometimes these books seem too sweet and refined. Predictable. They seldom touch the real problems, the hard ones, the dangerous ones; the ones that people prefer not to dwell on because of their depressing nature. This st
Lindsay Fischer
Jul 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
As a fellow sister in survivorship (and writing) I know how hard it is for people to leave reviews of books that deal with difficult situations. No one wants to call a book a "great read" when the content actually shows the author's devastation, but it's hard to ignore the strength it must take to expose your wounds without apology.

So what do you say, right? Do you just rate the book and walk away?

While I understand the strong desire to do this, I refuse to do it. If Ms. Sadai can boldly bare
Deb Birchard
Sep 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Everyone should take the time to read Dark Confessions of an Extraordinary, Ordinary Woman! Go with author Jenn Sadai on her journey as she makes her way through some of the most difficult, trying times of abuse and bad choices that are too common to so many of us, only to find her inner strength and overcome the obstacles that once made her lose sight of how precious life is. Jenn Sadai is so brave for sharing her story and more than that, she's selfless for doing it. She's taken her experience ...more
Redheaded Writing
Jul 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed reading Jenn's story. I felt I could relate to her feelings of being stuck. It's wasn't too long, as an author I think I can take a tip from that. Nice to have a book, you can pick up and say, I'm going to read this this week-end. And it didn't lose me with too much detail and it inspired me in several areas of my life: getting out of toxic relationships, debt, getting fit and getting published. Thanks Jenn!
Bookishrealm
May 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Review coming soon on my blog.
Kristi Farmer
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The story can be told by so many people, but the strength and courage shown by the author has not only saved her own life by will save many in the future. Is also helps the reader, who may be a friend or family member understand from the victims perspective, the struggles and internal wars that those in a toxic relationship battle daily. And the fact that Jenn is a hometown local woman allowing me as the reader to identify with the city, right down to her apartment location which will have me th ...more
Apr 03, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
OK so I'm not normally the non-fiction type, like at all, but this was written by a friend of mine and I like to support my friends. So in I dove.

The reason I've always disliked non-fiction is because there's too much reality in it. I get enough of that crap in my waking hours, so I tend to veer towards books that allow me an escape from life and all it's crazy.

Couldn't do that here.

Though this was an easy read, as in straight forward, no characters to pick apart or layers to peel back kind o
Sharon
Nov 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Amazing.

At first I was a little thrown off by way it was written with the thoughts in Italics but once I was able to get past that it was a fast read.

This book helped me change the way i think and I feel so much stronger. I feel so much better -- I really wish I read this a long time ago.

Thank you so much for being brave enough to share this story and for helping me and others.
Benjaminsadai

• Because of Her
  • Mamaskatch: A Cree Coming of Age
  • My Life in Doha: Between Dream and Reality
  • Memoirs Of Madame Vigée Lebrun
  • No Ordinary Girl (H2O: Just Add Water, #1)
  • You Can't Run: The Terrifying True Story of a Young Woman Trapped in a Violent Relationship
  • My Own Worst Enemy (MOWE, #1)
  • Stung (Zombie Gentlemen)
  • Without Sin
  • Finding Our Way (Finding Our Way, #1)
  • For Joshua : An Ojibway Father Teaches His Son
  • A London Child of the 1870s
  • Harriette Wilson's Memoirs: The Greatest Courtesan of Her Age
  • The Last Pages
  • Chorus (Coda #2)
  • Does Your Mama Know?: An Anthology of Black Lesbian Coming Out Stories
  • Mixed: My Life in Black and White
  • The Sad Passions
Jenn Sadai has combined her love of writing with her passion for empowering women into two inspiring series. The Self-esteem Series is comprised of four non-fiction stories that tackle various issues that impact women’s self-esteem. Her first book, Dark Confessions of an Extraordinary, Ordinary Woman delves into the dark consequences of domestic violence, drug use, and depression.
Dirty Secrets of
“The life you are living now doesn't have to be the life you will always live.” 11 likes
“Once I learned my life was valuable, I started to treat it that way.” 9 likes