Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

Pittacus Lore
This topic is about Pittacus Lore
BOOK DISCUSSIONS > Lorien Legacies Series by Pittacus Lore

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I'm pretty excited that The Fate of Ten (Lorien Legacies, #6) by Pittacus Lore is out in less than a month.

So to those who started this series, what do you guys think of this series?

message 2: by Jay (new)

Jay | 5197 comments The series is great

I really hope this is the last book

message 3: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Yes, it is. I saw book 7 has already been added, so this one might not be the end.

I still haven't finished The Lost Files. I think I stopped at book 6. I might continue, though.

message 4: by Tommy (new)

Tommy Hancock (tommyhancock) | 94 comments I've only read the first one, and that was just a couple days ago(book one, obvi) and I was surprised by how much I liked it. I'm definitely reading the next two books and if I like them, the whole thing.

message 5: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Great to hear that.

message 6: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I read book 1 and I just checked out The Power of Six (Lorien Legacies, #2) by Pittacus Lore . I really liked book 1 and I'm excited to read book 2.

message 7: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Great, Vicki! This series is getting better each book.

message 8: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments That's what I like to hear! Lol

message 9: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Yes, I thought so too. I hope 7 is the last one though.

message 10: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Kathryn wrote: "I love this series! but I haven't read any of the novellas.

This isn't going to be the last one, there's supposed to be at least 7..."

What novellas are you talking about?

message 11: by Courtney (new)

Courtney 7? OMG! I thought Fate of Ten would the last.

message 12: by Courtney (new)

Courtney The Power of Six, and Revenge of Seven are my favorite so far.

message 13: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Vicki, there are series of novellas for this series. Here is one of them Six's Legacy (Lorien Legacies The Lost Files, #1) by Pittacus Lore . I think there are 12 novellas so far. I've read 6 of them.

message 14: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Courtney wrote: "7? OMG! I thought Fate of Ten would the last."

It would be great if it really ends at book 7. As much as I love this series, I don't want it to go on FOREVER.

message 15: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments OMG, when I read I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies, #1) by Pittacus Lore I thought the novella (cover shown above) were on in the same. I didn't look and see that it was a novella.

What's the different besides length? LOL

message 16: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments The novellas are like side story to the series. I like them about they help me understand the whole story more. But I think if you don't read them, it's okay too.

message 17: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Did you read the entire series and then all the novellas, or did you read one book and then a novella. I wish it were easier to know the best order to read books like that and "prequels" because it can get confusing.

message 18: by Courtney (new)

Courtney I love this series so much I just read what was out lol. I believe there is 11or 12 out as of right now. I have read all but two.

message 19: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Lol Gisbelle. I know what you mean. I dont want him to write so much it ruins the story.

message 20: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Courtney wrote: "I love this series so much I just read what was out lol. I believe there is 11or 12 out as of right now. I have read all but two."

Great :) I have all novellas, I just don't read them yet. I should, though.

message 21: by Courtney (new)

Courtney You dont have to read the novellas, but it is very helpful if you do.

message 22: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Vicki wrote: "Did you read the entire series and then all the novellas, or did you read one book and then a novella. I wish it were easier to know the best order to read books like that and "prequels" because it..."

Yes, it is a little confusing. I think I started the novellas after I finished book 4.

message 23: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Courtney wrote: "You dont have to read the novellas, but it is very helpful if you do."

Exactly. It helps me getting to know some characters better.

message 24: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte (nimbusstormx) | 8 comments I haven't read the novellas, but they're on my tbr list. I really love the series though and am really excited for the next book :)

message 25: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Charlotte wrote: "I haven't read the novellas, but they're on my tbr list. I really love the series though and am really excited for the next book :)"

Me too :) I'm planning to read it as soon as I can.

message 26: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 4409 comments I enjoy this series too. I'm looking forward to the next book. I have not read the novellas yet though, I might try to read them soon.

message 27: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Amanda wrote: "I enjoy this series too. I'm looking forward to the next book. I have not read the novellas yet though, I might try to read them soon."

Great Amanda! I've only read 6 of the current 12 novellas so far. I want to read them soon as well.

message 28: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Courtney wrote: "You dont have to read the novellas, but it is very helpful if you do."

What order would you suggest? I'm about to start book 2: The Power of Six (Lorien Legacies, #2) by Pittacus Lore

message 29: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 4409 comments Gisbelle wrote: "Amanda wrote: "I enjoy this series too. I'm looking forward to the next book. I have not read the novellas yet though, I might try to read them soon."

Great Amanda! I've only read 6 of the curre..."

I'll have to check how many my library has. I don't think they have them all.

message 30: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Vicki, I think after you finish book 2, you can start the novella.

message 31: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Amanda, I see. i hope you like them if you get the chance to read the novellas.

message 32: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 4409 comments Thanks :)

message 33: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments You're welcome.

message 34: by Chantel (new)

Chantel Williams (thatphotogirl13) | 16 comments oooooooooomg ok so I started this series back just after the release of The Revenge of Seven and I fell in love with it! Ive already finished reading The Fate of Ten and that ending though!!!!
The only things I haven't read yet are the novellas but they are literally sitting on my desk waiting for me to get to them!

message 35: by Ivy (new)

Ivy (hela15) | 13 comments I love the I am number four series, I got the newest book for my birthday and I am so excited to start reading it

LilyCat (Agent of SHIELD)-- on hiatus :( (lilycat_reads) | 27 comments I love the action and world-building of this series, but I wish it had a little more depth. Other than that, it's a really great thing to read for fun.

message 37: by Lysa (new)

Lysa Daley (lysadaley) | 2 comments Love this series! Who's read the most recent book and what did you think of it?

LilyCat (Agent of SHIELD)-- on hiatus :( (lilycat_reads) | 27 comments I haven't read it yet, but I'm dying to! I'm not sure whether I should buy it or not, because I'm really running out of bookshelf space. (Seriously. I have a whole wall of books, but it's totally overflowing, and another half-shelf devoted to library books, which is also overflowing, because my review backlog is so long.)

But I'm sure this book will be great, because this series seems like one that will go out with a bang.

message 39: by Allison (new)

Allison Steadman This is a great series!! I'm going to read the third book soon just waiting for the challenge to start. I loved the first two except for some parts in the first one.

LilyCat (Agent of SHIELD)-- on hiatus :( (lilycat_reads) | 27 comments Lysa wrote: "Love this series! Who's read the most recent book and what did you think of it?"

Okay, I finished The Fate of Ten, and I gotta say, it was a little underwhelming. A lot of things blew up, but there wasn't a lot of character development, and when I found out it wasn't actually the last one, it seemed too contrived. They're drawing out the climax way too long for my taste (2 and a half books), and it's starting to look like a cash cow.

Plus, I just read that article about how the guy behind the series took advantage of a whole bunch of young authors to make this series and a bunch of other mass market YA. So that kind of ruined it for me.