✎ 1x1 ✐ discussion

1x1 > Niran 'n Ruth

Comments Showing 1-50 of 102 (102 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 517 comments awesome, so wanna go afraid and make characters? Do you mind reposting the plot here?

message 2: by Niran (new)

Niran | 555 comments Anyone interested in a pirate role play?

I've just finished watching Black Sails and was very inspired and eager to do a role play based around that.
The idea would be that there is a girl who has escaped a brothel and dresses as a man to disguise herself. She travels to Nassau where it is pirate paradise. She hears that people are constantly able to get jobs there, which she needs.
Until she meets a Quartermaster who gives her a job on his ship due to a fight she gets in at an inn. He is impressed by her and gives her a job on the ship, The Black Queen.
We can take it from there.

Requirements:
-Detail: at least a paragraph, that being more than 8 full sentences.
-Active: I don't want to keep begging for someone to reply.
-Open mindedness: this role play will have swearing and mature content in it, it may even be gory sometimes. Be mature about it.
-I will be the woman. No questions.
-Creativity: have fun with it!

message 3: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 517 comments Okay sorry I took so long. So ready to make characters?

message 4: by Niran (new)

Niran | 555 comments Don't worry about it :) and yep, let's do it

message 5: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 517 comments Okay :) can you go first?

message 6: by Ruth (new)

message 7: by Ruth (new)

message 8: by Niran (new)

Niran | 555 comments Name: Rina Kelso

Appearance: ((scroll down to August 29 2011, Dreadlocks))
http://raniamaria.eu/blog/tag/bohemian/

Height:
5ft4

Eyes:
Light hazel brown

Hair:
Long, dreadlocks brown hair with beads and cuffs

Personality:
Rina is a strong woman, so to say. She is stubborn and brave and sometimes disobeys when she thinks shes right or if she thinks she could help someone. Sometimes her outgoing ways get her in to some trouble, but eventually she finds her way out of it. She is quite a hard one to crack; she doesn't like sharing anything about her past or about herself to be honest. But once you crack that hard, protective nature you see that she is full of life, she's outgoing, smart, brave, quick thinking, funny and wise.

Some History:
Rina was born and raised in France, she has an accent due to that. Her parents were somewhat rich and well known in high society, but Rina wasn't always happy with her life. She didn't just want to grow up, become a wife and then a mother. Her and her parents had had many arguments over the subject, but always dismissed it.
Until a day where her father had arranged for her marriage with a man she never knew. She was only sixteen. So Rina decided to run away, run away from it all and forget about her past.

message 9: by Ruth (last edited Aug 06, 2015 12:55PM) (new)

Ruth | 517 comments Name: Anton Labelle
Appearance: https://i.gr-assets.com/images/S/phot...

Personality: Anton loves a challenge, and never will back down from a dare. Several times that has gotten him in trouble, but in thirty years he's never learned from his mistakes. Despite being a pirate, he has a strong sense of honor and morals, and will stick to them no matter what. That being said, he will defend his crew or those close to him to the last, and won't hesitate to slit a few throats to achieve his goals.

History: Born to a prostitute in Tortuga, Anton's childhood was tumultuous. At age seven his mother put him on the ship of the pirate captain Henry Adams as a cabin boy. He fell in love with the sea immediately, and started to make his way up the chain of command, in hopes of eventually becoming captain of his own ship. He currently serves as quartermaster.

message 10: by Niran (new)

Niran | 555 comments Nice character! Can you remove the spoilers removed and just put a link or something? I'm on the app so I can't see it
Sorry I took so long to reply

message 11: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 517 comments Oh yeah I'm sorry about that, give me a sec :) and you're fine, I took a while myself XD

message 12: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 517 comments done!

message 13: by Niran (new)

Niran | 555 comments Thank you!
So, should I start?

message 14: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 517 comments Yeah sure :D

message 15: by Niran (new)

Niran | 555 comments "Stop for Nassau!".
Nassau, a place filled with criminals and pirates and prostitutes. A place filled with many jobs, and that was what Rina needed. She needed money, and quick money, she didn't have time to make decent money anywhere else.
Nassau, despite all the illegal aspects, was actually quite a beautiful place. An island filled with palm trees, forests, beaches with white sand and clear blue waters.
Rina had heard many things about it when she was younger, her father would always tell her," Nassua, a shit place to be unless you are no one, a criminal"
Rina quickly made her way off the ship, keeping her head down to make sure that she was not recognised as a woman. She had escaped her upper class life a long time ago, and had made her way through life calmly as a man. A man named Randal. She had tried to be a prostitute, for they got good money, but she was not a woman who gave what meant wanted easily. Instead of giving the man pleasure, she would usually give him pain.
Rina walked through Nassau, through the crowds of people; people who carried fruits, Pirates, prostitutes teasing and bribing the lustful nature out of men.
She made her way in to an inn, filled with men and some prostitutes. She kept her head down, making sure her hat covered and darkened some of her face. The inn was loud, filled with drunken men and squealing women. But Rina made sure to avoid them all, she couldn't afford to get in to anything now or be recognised as a woman. So she sat at the bar, by herself.

message 16: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 517 comments Anton stood against a pillar in the crowded, dank inn, likely the only sober man in the place. His own captain was upstairs drunk and warming his bed with a whore. Any other day Anton would have gladly done the same, but not tonight. The third prostitute tonight propositioned him, this one more persistent than the rest. She leaned up against him, giving her clear view of his cleavage.
"Not tonight, Lovely," Anton responded to her, and gave her a dismissive wave.
She cast him a surly look and went to sit on the lap of another man, that one more accepting.
Tonight Anton was on duty. He kept his eyes peeled, searching over the men in the inn. Anton had his fair share of getting drunk, so he knew how to see through it and tell if a man was really worth taking on to the ship. You couldn't fault a man much during his only days at port for months. However, no one here seemed worth taking on. He turned his head as a crash and shouting broke out behind him. A whore ran past, clutching a face that would likely bruise later, and a man chased after her, shouting. That was one thing Anton couldn't abide, was when someone willfully hurt a woman. He didn't even have to move his feet in order to catch the man as he passed. He held him by the back of his shirt collar and took a bottle from the hand of a passed out first mate beside him. In one motion he broke it over the man's head, and he slumped to the floor. No one else seemed to notice, and Anton went back to watching.

message 17: by Niran (new)

Niran | 555 comments It had been a while since Rina had drank some good rum, because this rum gave her a sweet burning sensation as she felt it pass down her throat. That was good.
She turned around slightly as she looked over her shoulder to see a man bottle another man. It ended quickly, no one seemed to have noticed it, they were all probably too drunk and too focused on the half naked whores.
"Oi you!".
Rina turned slightly to see a man with a brown, beer covered beard, brown hair and a scar that went down his face.
"Never seen you 'ere before", he grumbled.
Rina didn't reply, she just gave the man a look and dismissed everything. Though evidentially that wasn't enough for the man, because he came to her, sat beside her and sipped on his drink as he looked at her in a dominant way, as if he was brutally observing her. He moved his hand and pushed her hat back.
She immediately got her glass drunk and punched it in to his face, knocking him back on his chair and making a loud noise.
"Don't touch my hat!", she exclaimed, hissing at him as if it had offended her to even do such a thing. If he lifted her hat further he would have realised she's a woman, then she would have been fucked.
Everyone in the inn turned to look, silence fell as the man got up and screamed at her, holding his head as blood trickled down," You fucking shit!". The man came charging at her and all she could do was dodge him and continue punching the idiot!

message 18: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 517 comments Anton's gaze switched again as a fight broke on the other side of the inn between a young man and one of the regulars. The young man, for once, actually seemed promising, even if he did look a little wet behind the ears. More sailors seemed to be interested in this fight, likely because it had to do with 'Ol Sealegs. He decided to feel it out, and if it got too wild he'd step in. He didn't want this new man to be killed before he even got a chance to speak to him.

message 19: by Niran (new)

Niran | 555 comments The angry, drunk man came towards her, shouting even more about how she was a wanker and a shit. She kicked up her leg and pushed it against his throat, he was knocked back, holding his throat as she punctured his wind pipe slightly. He wouldn't die, he would just be breathless for a little bit. She looked around to see people looking, eyes wide, eyebrows raised and people murmuring. She banged on the bar, and the bar tender gave her another drink, and she walked out of the bar, feeling an adrenaline rush as she shoved past people.
It was her first day here and she already got in to a fight. How was she supposed to be employed if she was behaving like a reckless fool?

message 20: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 517 comments Anton watched the whole affair go down, a smirk playing on his lips. Maybe this man was who he was looking for. But he'd have to learn to control his temper. That had gone down without him even being drunk. Seeing that he was leaving, Anton pushed toward the door. Another peistitute blocked his way, raising her skirts slightly. "You want a piece of this, baby?"
"Later, darling," Anton replied with a smile, going past her and into the street.
He saw the young man up ahead. "You there!"

message 21: by Niran (new)

Niran | 555 comments "Shit", Rina mumbled to herself, she heard someone call to her, and immediately she felt it wasn't a good sign.
She stopped and turned around to see the man she had seen earlier, the one who had knocked the other man out with the glass bottle. She just looked his way, the hat covering and shadowing half her face nicely.
"Yes?", she asked, deepening her voice just slightly to try and hide her gender. She wondered what this man wanted with her, she had already gotten in to a fight, she didn't want to get in to another one.

message 22: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 517 comments Anton looked at the young man, sizing him up. "I happen to be looking for a crew," he strode closer. "And I'd assume since you're here, you're looking for a ship, am I right? If that's the case, well I think we can get along quite nicely. The name's Anton Labelle, quartermaster of the Poseidon's Luck there." He motioned to the ship out in the water."

message 23: by Niran (new)

Niran | 555 comments Rina looked towards the sea, seeing a great ship that looked very familiar. She had heard of the ship and the crew, rumours were that they were very successful and people feared them.
She looked back at the quartermaster Anton Labelle and said," I'm Rin-". Then she stopped herself, realising she was giving her real name!
She let out a rough and throaty cough," Randel, that's my name".
"What would you have me do?", she asked, but then quickly asked," How much would I get? I need money, and I need it fast, Quatermaster Labell".

message 24: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 517 comments "Randall, huh? Where are you from to get a name like that? Oh never mind, I don't give a fuck if it's not your real name, it doesn't matter here. Pay's commission, the better you work the more you get. You'll get one share of any loot we squire, same as any other crewmate. Now, are you interested? If not, I'd like to move on. I've got a quota to meet." Anton held a piece of parchment and pen at the ready.

message 25: by Niran (new)

Niran | 555 comments Rina looked at the paper. Then at the Quatermaster.
Oh fuck it, what did she have to lose?
She grabbed the pen and signed her name, her fake name, for she wasn't ready to completely be truthful. Besides, she doubted anyone would actually give a shit about her. She would stay quiet and just do her job, nothing more, she wouldn't make friends with anyone. Just stick to yourself, she thought.
"When should we meet?", she asked, wondering when the ship usually set sail or what would happen. She had never been on a ship.

message 26: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 517 comments Anton looked back at the paper and furrowed his eyebrows. "Where'd you learn to write? Mostly I get an X. And in such fine handwriting, too. On never mind. We leave port at dawn tomorrow, be there or we'll leave without you. Don't make trouble and you'll do just fine. In the meantime, have a little fun, you never know when the next time you'll get to will be. Get drunk. Make love. Or by the looks of you I'd guess you've never been with a woman before. I'd suggest Melisandre back in the inn. She specializes in virgins." He turned to walk off.

message 27: by Niran (new)

Niran | 555 comments Rina's eyes widened slightly and she quickly gave him back his pen. She was being very foolish, she was screwing up already!
She needed to be more careful. Though it seemed the quartermaster didn't care much, but he was quick with picking things up.
"What makes you think I've never been with a woman?", she asked, raising her hat just slightly to reveal her chin and lips.
She needed to know what made it obvious so she could change that, convince people that she was a true man. She had disguised herself as a man for very long, she had only been on this island for a few hours and she was already starting to get caught.

message 28: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 517 comments Anton turned back to her with a laugh. "Why? Have you? It's nothing to be ashamed about if you haven't. There's a first time for everything." Something seemed different about this sailor. Anton hoped he was making the right decision taking him on. "You just seemed like you hadn't. I can typically tell, I mean your age if nothing else. You're what, fifteen?"

message 29: by Niran (new)

Niran | 555 comments "Fifteen?!", she exclaimed.
She scoffed and crossed her arms," I'm actually 23 if you must know". Did her body really look like a fifteen year old boys body? She was quite offended.
She got kind of defensive and argued," I have been with a woman actually. Not that it is any of your business but I have been with a lot of women. Beautiful ones too". Maybe she was going a bit overboard, but she needed to convince him somehow. Then she let out an awkward cough and said quickly," I will be there", and turned to walk away.

message 30: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 517 comments "I don't believe for a second you're twenty-three," Anton scoffed. "But fine, be whatever age you want, it doesn't matter in the end. Now if you'll excuse me, I'd like to fill my quota." He turned on his heel and strode off back to the inn.

message 31: by Niran (new)

Niran | 555 comments ((Should we skip to the morning after? Also, sorry for the late reply, I had to do something briefly))

message 32: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 517 comments ((Yeah sure :D and it's fine ))

message 33: by Niran (new)

Niran | 555 comments Rina was awakened by chickens screeching their lungs out and running around all over the place. It seemed that she had fallen asleep next to the inn, not in it, on the steps of it. She couldn't even remember what happened last night.
She looked around to see the sun, checking the time of day. "Oh shit!", she exclaimed. She got up quickly and ran down to the docks, holding her hat and making sure she was there even though she felt like she was dying of breathlessness.
"I'm here!", she exclaimed, panting and breathing heavily. "I'm here", she repeated.

message 34: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 517 comments Anton was late getting out of the inn, himself. He'd gotten his quota full and had time to fool around with one of the whores, so he was satisfied. He dropped a couple of coins in her purse before walking down the steps, to the ship. Everyone knew they weren't really leaving at dawn. If they were they wouldn't have a crew, because everyone would show up late. His captain was already standing by the boat, watching as sailors filed in, most nursing hangovers, or wounds gotten in brawls. His captain was an intimidating man for most, standing taller than six feet with dark black skin and a scar running from his forehead to his chin. Anton knew him, though, and saw through the foreboding presence. He took his place by him, making sure he recognized all the faces.

message 35: by Niran (new)

Niran | 555 comments Rina made sure to stand up straight and straighten up, because he saw the captain and perceived him to be a man to be taken very seriously. He looked very intimidating actually, and you could tell that the captain had an effect on the new crew members.
But Rina saw that not one of the other crew members was here, what the hell? Anton must have told the new crew members an earlier time just to scare them slightly or see how dedicated they were.
Rina saw Anton near the captain, she could tell they had known each other for a long time.

message 36: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 517 comments Anton finally saw the first crew member approaching. It was the Randall kid from last night. "Welcome to the Poseidon's Luck, sailor," Anton said to him. He glanced over to see the captain sizing him up. The captain likely wouldn't think much of him, but that's why Anton was in charge of recruiting.

message 37: by Niran (new)

Niran | 555 comments Rina nodded her head, somewhat greeting the quartermaster too.
She looked and out towards the ship, seeing that it was a beauty. She couldn't wait to see what it was like. "Thank you for having me", she responded, nodding her head once. She made sure again to keep her head level, shadowing most of her face. She looked aside to the other recruits and just saw men who had nothing to lose, drunk men, scared men, excited men.
A mixture of men.
She wondered if the quartermaster was blind or just plain stupid.

message 38: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 517 comments Anton could tell this sailor was from a somewhat pampered background. Thank you for having me? no one would say that. He saw the way he looked at the rest of the crew. "Is there a problem?" He asked.

message 39: by Niran (new)

Niran | 555 comments Rina looked back at the quartermaster as he asked about the new crew members.
She just shrugged and sighed," They look like a difficult lot. A very extreme mixture of men. Some look like they are about to soil themselves, like they're scared shitless". She looked over the new crew members again and wondered what half them were hear for.

message 40: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 517 comments "Haven't you seen a bloody crew of pirates before?" Anton replied. "What, are you used to the king's navy with their smart uniforms and men who were conscripted, and can't show their fear, or they'll be courtmartialed? I can tell you're not from here, so don't go making assumptions over things you know nothing about." Anton looked the boy up and down. "Anyone who's not scared is a bloody fool."

message 41: by Niran (new)

Niran | 555 comments Rina decided to shut her mouth before she got in to even more shit with the quartermaster. She inhaled and then exhaled, looking down and staying quiet.
"My apologies, quartermaster", she said. God what was wrong with her!? She would get herself killed before she even got on to the god damn ship. She needed that money and she needed to stay focused to get that money.

message 42: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 517 comments Anton nodded in reply to her apology. "Now go acquaint yourself with the crew, they're going to be the only friends you have for a while. And trust me, you want a friend out on the water." He watched Randall closely. Something was without a doubt suspicious about this kid.

message 43: by Niran (new)

Niran | 555 comments Rina didn't know whether to make friends with the crew, she had already given away too much to the quartermaster. She suspected that he was suspicious of her, for he watched her closely. She listened to him and took his advice, heading to the crew members and introducing herself.
"The names Randall, lads", she stated.
"Well don't you look like a scrawny bastard, Randall", one laughed, and the other joined with him. Rina gave a small smile and laugh.
"The names Pete", he introduced himself. He was a middle aged man, who had kissing teeth, short dark hair and a distinguishable tattoo of a skull and crossbones on his forearm.

message 44: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 517 comments ((Crap I'm sorry I didn't see you'd posted! Oh, and what do you think the captains babe should be?))

Anton watched as the new sailor started to acquaint himself with the crew. "So what do you think of the new lot, Captain?" He asked.
The captain shrugged. "They're sailors, none better or worse than who we lost. A good sailor seems hard to come by lately."
"Too true," Anton agreed with a sigh. He looked as more filed in. It was an hour before they'd leave port, and nearly everyone was here now.

message 45: by Niran (new)

Niran | 555 comments ((Captains babe? XD you mean name? If so, then maybe you could use a characters name from a film you already know))

Rina soon got acquainted with most of the crew members, but some dismissed her presence entirely. Some did not acknowledge the new crew members, instead they stuck to themselves and their friends who were old crew members.
"You know, they ain't as bad as they seem, them lot", Pete nodded towards the introverted group and gave a smile," They just for trust easily. You never know who's who on this ship".
Rina just nodded, and acknowledged his explanation. But it made her even nervous.

message 46: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 517 comments ((Ugh for some reason every time I try to spell name my phone changes it to babe! XD I could always name him captain jack sparrow ;) ))

Anton watched as the last sailor boarded. "I think that's everyone, Sir," he said.
His captain, Pierre Voulain, nodded, going up behind the wheel.
"Release the top sail!" Anton shouted to the crew. He strode the deck shouting other orders here and there. He could already imagine the feel of the salt air on his face. There was nothing he loved more than being at sea.

message 47: by Niran (new)

Niran | 555 comments ((Haha, I totally understand))

Rina was told to sweep, so that's what she did.
Pete had told her "The new ones don't do much until told otherwise by the quartermaster or someone else. So just sweep".
She made sure to stick to one side and not get in anyone's way. Though one thing stopped her in her tracks, the smell of salt water and the fresh breeze.
God, this was like heaven.
She looked out at the sea as they began to sail, she couldn't help but be fascinated and love it unconditionally already.
She went back to sweeping though, otherwise someone might see her not doing any work and question her.

message 48: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 517 comments Arnon leaned against the railing of the ship, looking out over the water as land slowly disappeared in the distance. He glanced right and left, making sure there weren't any sailors lagging behind. Most of the new crew members seemed to be off by themselves doing odd jobs. Johnny, and old man likely in his eighties, but no one really knew his age, had scaled the mainmast and taken his place in the crow's nest. He'd been with the ship longer than its captain. Often he concerned Anton. His loyalty was with his ship, not his commanding officers or his crew mates. But so far there hadn't been major trouble.
He looked across the ship and saw the new boy, Randall, sweeping the deck.

message 49: by Niran (new)

Niran | 555 comments Rina didn't do much except sweep and mainly clean up, it was as if they knew she was a woman for petes sake.
Speaking of Pete, he checked up on her almost every thirty minutes, always asking "You alright?", and then going as soon as he heard she was. He was a nice fellow, and Rina grew to him immediately. Which she promised herself she wouldn't do, but here she was, practically breaking all of her own rules.
"God sake, Rina, get yourself together", she whispered to herself, shaking her head and giving a sigh.

message 50: by Ruth (new)

Ruth | 517 comments ((Shit I'm so sorry! I didn't see this here!))

Anton moved on, striding across the deck. He snapped his head back upon hearing a shout of "sail ho!" Indeed, there was a merchant vessel up ahead. A smile played on his lips. They were finally going to get some action.
"Lower the topsail!" He heard Captain Voulain shout. Anton was quick to echo it. Every crew member on deck had started to snap into action.

« previous 1 3