Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

BOOKS! > What Book Did You Just Finish Reading?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 946 (946 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 18 19

message 1: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Post the book you just finished reading in this thread. You may include the rating and the review link if you have written one.

message 2: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments The last book I finished was Skyscraping by Cordelia Jensen and I gave it 4 stars.

message 3: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments It looks interesting!

message 4: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I finished This Raging Light by Estelle Laure (5 stars)
my review: HERE

message 5: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Ooh, a 5 star read! That one also looks VERY interesting.

message 6: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I think you might love it too :D Two girls struggling to get by without their parents... a recipe for a yummy book :D

message 7: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Ah, yes! My request was declined but I will definitely be reading it when it comes out. :)

message 8: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Bummer! I think it's worth the wait though :) I plan to buy a copy when it's out too.

message 9: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments I bet the hardcover is beautiful too!

message 10: by Grace Meredith (new)

Grace Meredith (koreantrash) I recently finished Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews . It was cold and boring and there was no plot whatsoever, so I didn't enjoy it at all. :(

message 11: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I've read a lot of bad reviews about that book, Grace. I think I read a chapter or 2, but dropped it. I still love the cover, though.

message 12: by Paulina (new)

Paulina Maurovich (paulinamaurovich13) | 423 comments I just finished reading The False Prince (The Ascendance Trilogy, #1) by Jennifer A. Nielsen highly recommend it.

message 13: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Paulina wrote: "I just finished reading The False Prince (The Ascendance Trilogy, #1) by Jennifer A. Nielsen highly recommend it."

I want to read it. A lot of my friends who read it all told me it's a must-read.

message 14: by Grace Meredith (new)

Grace Meredith (koreantrash) Gisbelle wrote: "I've read a lot of bad reviews about that book, Grace. I think I read a chapter or 2, but dropped it. I still love the cover, though."

I KNOW!!!! The whole format is just so beautiful, I mean did you see the chapter titles?

message 15: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Yes, I love that about this book too. Generally, I love reading books with chapter titles instead of chapter numbers.

message 16: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Me & Earl is a total hit or miss book for everyone. Either you love it or hate it. I enjoyed it when I read it but I wasn't very critical about the books I read back then so I am not sure I would have the same feelings about it if I reread it now.

message 17: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments So true, J. A lot of books that you like now might be the ones you hate if you read them another time.

message 18: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments I know, which is absolutely crazy to think about. I hate how I used to give a ton of the books I read 4-5 stars when truthfully, thinking back on it, they didn't deserve it. I wish I had been more critical.

message 19: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I finished a couple, but the one that really affected me is October Mourning A Song for Matthew Shepard by Lesléa Newman and here is the link to my review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 20: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Vicki wrote: "I finished a couple, but the one that really affected me is October Mourning A Song for Matthew Shepard by Lesléa Newman and here is the link to my review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/sho..."

Sounds pretty emotional. I love emotional books!

message 21: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments I know it's not a book that everyone would love, Gis, but it's pretty darn amazing...horribly sad to know what Matthew Shepherd experienced the night he died AND that the guys that killed him and some others still think "he got what he deserved." And why? Not because he was a horrible, cruel person but because he was homosexual. Ugh...this world sometimes!

message 22: by Mehsi (new)

Mehsi | 26632 comments I read: Twilight (Twilight, #1) by Stephenie Meyer No rating, no review for reasons.

message 23: by Jay (new)

Jay | 5197 comments I just finished reading I Am the Traitor (The Unknown Assassin, #3) by Allen Zadoff

I Am the Traitor was amazing

message 24: by Mehsi (new)

Mehsi | 26632 comments Twilight The Graphic Novel, Vol. 1 (Twilight The Graphic Novel, #1) by Stephenie Meyer Twilight The Graphic Novel, Vol. 2 (Twilight The Graphic Novel, #2) by Stephenie Meyer Again no rating or review for reasons. The graphic novels did have good art. Wish it had more colour though.

message 25: by Jessie (Saffity) (new)

Jessie (Saffity) (saffity) | 563 comments Just finished Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson which I gave 3 stars.

Nothing against the writing, plot, or characters, it just wasn't my type of book. Apparently real life fiction is boring and hard for me to get through. Which is weird because it was that or fantasy that was what I used to read.

message 26: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I haven't read that one yet, Jessie. A lot of people told me it's a good one. But I do understand that sometime realistic fiction can be a little boring, especially if the pace is too slow.

message 27: by Mehsi (new)

Mehsi | 26632 comments Invader Zim #1 by Jhonen Vasquez 1 star.

message 28: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I finished Need by Joelle Charbonneau (4 stars) I loved the thrilling plots and overall, it was pretty creepy.
Review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 29: by Mehsi (new)

Mehsi | 26632 comments I finished: 東方鈴奈庵 ~ Forbidden Scrollery 4 by Moe Harukawa 5 stars

message 30: by Linsey (new)

Linsey | 236 comments I just finished Gone Too Far by Natalie D. Richards. It was such a good book and very suspenseful. Every high school student will relate to it too.

message 31: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments finished Anne & Henry by Dawn Ius (2 stars) I didn't find it that interesting.

message 32: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Return to the Dark House (Dark House, #2) by Laurie Faria Stolarz (5 heart-pounding stars!)

message 33: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Vicki wrote: "Return to the Dark House (Dark House, #2) by Laurie Faria Stolarz (5 heart-pounding stars!)"

Sounds like a creepy one, Vicki!

message 34: by Mehsi (new)

Mehsi | 26632 comments New Moon (Twilight, #2) by Stephenie Meyer no rating/no review.
The Princess and the Pony by Kate Beaton 5 stars, no review yet.

message 35: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments finished We'll Never Be Apart by Emiko Jean (3 stars) it was okay.

message 36: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 4393 comments Finished two books today:

Oblivion (Nevermore, #3) by Kelly Creagh (4 stars)
Welcome to Temptation (Dempseys, #1) by Jennifer Crusie (3 stars)

message 37: by Jessie (Saffity) (new)

Jessie (Saffity) (saffity) | 563 comments Incarnate (Newsoul, #1) by Jodi Meadows 4 * Gripping, much more intriguing than I expected.

message 38: by Linsey (new)

Linsey | 236 comments I just finished reading In my Skin by Britney Griner. It was a memoir about her struggles in life both on and off the court. It was a very heartfelt book and one of the best memoirs that I have read.

message 39: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments One for the Money (Stephanie Plum, #1) by Janet Evanovich 3 stars

message 40: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Just finished Welcome to the Dark House (Dark House, #1) by Laurie Faria Stolarz (5 stars!) Creepy and horrifying. Can't get book 2 from the library yet :/ I so want read it!

message 41: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Gisbelle wrote: "Just finished Welcome to the Dark House (Dark House, #1) by Laurie Faria Stolarz (5 stars!) Creepy and horrifying. Can't get book 2 from the library yet :/ I so want read it!"

OMG!!! YAY!!! I am SO glad you loved it, too!!! Book 2 is BETTER and scarier! I hope you get it soon!!

message 42: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Thanks :) I totally loved this book!

message 43: by Mehsi (last edited Aug 08, 2015 09:05AM) (new)

Mehsi | 26632 comments Campingvoetbal by Gerard van Gemert 3.5 stars
FC Buurt krijgt vleugels by Els Rooijers 2.5 stars

message 44: by Mehsi (new)

Mehsi | 26632 comments Cudweed's Birthday by Marcus Sedgwick 2 stars

message 45: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 4393 comments I Heart You, You Haunt Me by Lisa Schroeder (4 stars)

message 46: by Mehsi (new)

Mehsi | 26632 comments Touhou Bougetsushou ~ Tsuki no Inaba to Chijou no Inaba vol.2 by Toshihira Arata 2.5 stars. That just ruined some of the characters for me. :|

message 47: by Marjorie (new)

Marjorie DeLuca (marjoried) | 38 comments Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children, #1) by Ransom Riggs Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children. This is an incredible book with weird and crazy vintage photos to add to the strangeness of the story!

message 48: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 78 comments On the Fence by Kasie West 4 stars a super cute clean contemporary. Which I love!

message 49: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Rachel wrote: "On the Fence by Kasie West 4 stars a super cute clean contemporary. Which I love!"

Great book. I loved it too!

message 50: by Mehsi (new)

Mehsi | 26632 comments The Dragonsitter by Josh Lacey 3 stars.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 18 19