What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Witch Family
This topic is about The Witch Family
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Kids book - about 3 witches [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Molly Weiss | 3 comments This is a childrens book. Fairly old, since I read when I was a kid (I am now 26), so we are looking at at least 16 years old, if not more.

It is about 3 witches. It starts with an adult witch doing her thing, and somehow a young girl witch comes to live with her. Eventually they also find a baby witch, who also joins them. I think she has a cute name like "Baby Witch" or "Baby Witchling"> At some point, one of the witches (I think the young girl witch) becomes friends with a mermaid, who lives in a beautiful shiny cave.

And that's all I got! I thought it might be a Margaret Mahy book, but searching her bibliography doesn't reveal it.

message 3: by bookel (new)

bookel | 2106 comments Any by Ida Delage?

Molly Weiss | 3 comments No, doesn't seem to be a Margaret Mahy.

I have never heard of Ida Delage! Hard to tell since I can't find a summary of most of those books, but I'm leaning towards no since I'm fairly certain the book didn't have any sequels (or I would have read them.)

Thanks though!

message 5: by Sue (new)

Sue Elleker | 783 comments I think this must be 'The Witch Family' by Eleanor Estes.

message 6: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
The Witch Family for Sue's click.

message 7: by Janet (new)

Janet | 80 comments Yes, that's definitely the plot of The Witch Family by Estes. One of my favorite books.

Molly Weiss | 3 comments Hooray! I've been wondering about this *forever*. Thanks!