YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Tangled (Tangled, #1)
This topic is about Tangled
BUDDY READ: Adult Fiction > Tangled by Emma Chase - restarting September 16th 2018

Comments Showing 1-50 of 99 (99 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Drew Evans is a winner. Handsome and arrogant, he makes multimillion dollar business deals and seduces New York’s most beautiful women with just a smile. He has loyal friends and an indulgent family. So why has he been shuttered in his apartment for seven days, miserable and depressed?

He’ll tell you he has the flu.

But we all know that’s not really true.

Katherine Brooks is brilliant, beautiful and ambitious. She refuses to let anything - or anyone - derail her path to success. When Kate is hired as the new associate at Drew’s father’s investment banking firm, every aspect of the dashing playboy’s life is thrown into a tailspin. The professional competition she brings is unnerving, his attraction to her is distracting, his failure to entice her into his bed is exasperating.

Then, just when Drew is on the cusp of having everything he wants, his overblown confidence threatens to ruin it all. Will he be able untangle his feelings of lust and tenderness, frustration and fulfillment? Will he rise to the most important challenge of his life?

Can Drew Evans win at love?

Tatiana and I will read this book on February 25th. Anyone can join us :)

Tati | 10171 comments Thanks for setting the thread, Rachmi! I completely forgot... (sorry about that)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments That's okay, Tatiana. I almost forgot it too :D

Tessa | 1951 comments Where were you guys a few weeks ago when I wanted to read this? *cry*
Well, this book is so freaking hot that I must advise you not to read it in public places. Seriously, my colleagues caught me and asked, very perplexed, why was I blushing and why were my pupils dilated? Was I being sick? I almost got sent home that day because my boss thought I had a fever. Such a bad idea to spend my break reading this XD.

Rachmi  | 4945 comments I have this book since last year but don't know why keep skipping it :) It's because I need a title with -ed I came across this book again :D

So you aren't recommend it to be read in public places? on weekdays I mosly read when I want to go to office, at my lunch hour and on the way back home. All of them are public places! :D

Tessa | 1951 comments Yes, same here, but I don't recommend this book for that places because of it's adult parts and the way they make you "feel" XD.

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Thanks for your warning :D And I'm more prepare of it, hehehe.

I think this thread should be under Adult Buddy Read, then.

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Oh, thank goodness I indeed put this thread under Adult Fiction. I forgot about it, lol

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Tatiana, are you ready to buddy read this book?

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Chapter 3, (view spoiler).

message 11: by Tessa (last edited Feb 25, 2014 01:43AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tessa | 1951 comments Haha, you'll see. It's not really cheating, he's just being stupid about it :p. This story is from his perspective, but you'll soon learn that he's not the best of judges at times.

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Chapter 3, (view spoiler)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Tessa wrote: "Haha, you'll see. It's not really cheating, he's just being stupid about it :p. This story is from his perspective, but you'll soon learn that he's not the best of judges at times."

While I found Drew's voice kinda refreshing (I rarely read from male POV moreover the one like Drew),(view spoiler).

message 14: by Tati (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tati | 10171 comments Not quite yet, I'll try to start it later tonight, after I get home from work and charge my Kindle

Rachmi  | 4945 comments @Tessa, you're right. I'm on chapter 15 now and (view spoiler).

Tessa | 1951 comments Oh, I love him! If he would have been too perfect that would have made him into an unrealistic character and, in that circumstance, hard to connect to.

Authors should learn that characters don't need to be perfect. People are not perfect. We need to learn and like/accept each other with flaws and all. I think this author is doing an awesome job in that department. Kate is not perfect either, she's too proud :P .

Did you get to the kinky part yet? *blushes and runs away*

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Tessa wrote: "Oh, I love him! If he would have been too perfect that would have made him into an unrealistic character and, in that circumstance, hard to connect to.

Authors should learn that characters don't n..."

Yes, I got that kinky part. Thank goodness I read it when I was at home :D Just finished it, by the way, on the bus on my way to the office :D

I like the way it was written but I was also bored with half of the story. I think there are things that repeated over and over that made me bored. Now I can't decide how many stars will I give it :)

message 18: by Tessa (last edited Feb 26, 2014 01:22AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tessa | 1951 comments I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it. I'm not sure how reading this would have been, but I listened to the audiobook and I loved Drew's voice a lot ^^.

I also felt this book was far superious to most eroticas out there.

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Tessa wrote: "I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it. I'm not sure how reading this would have been, but I listened to the audiobook and I loved Drew's voice a lot ^^.

I also felt this book was far superious to most ero..."

I never try to listen to audiobook. Drew's voice must be wonderful in audiobook :D

I haven't read erotica but I read Black Dagger Brotherhood series which I think more graphic than this book.

Tessa | 1951 comments I did try to read erotica before, but they all were so bad I almost gave up on the gender. Actually, I still think most of them are quite bad, but I found this book to be the exception for the rule :).

message 21: by Tati (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tati | 10171 comments I've arrived late to the party, but I finally got around to it. It was a nice book, though Drew irritated me at times (sooo arrogant LOL).

As far as eroticas go, it was a nice one, though I much prefer the Black Dagger Brotherhood (give me Wrath or Rhage and I'll be happy forever).

What I liked was the fact that they don't just jump into bed, there's a lot of events before that finally happens.

Oh, and Mackenzie was so, so cute (especially with that calculator LOL)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Ah...Mackanzie is indeed so adorable, and that calculator scene is awesome. I laugh out loud to it :D

Btw, Rhage and Visious are my favorite of BDB so far! love them so much ;)

message 23: by Tati (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tati | 10171 comments Are you going to read the sequel? I've already put it in my TBR shelf (it's not out yet). I also liked Alexandra, she sure knows what she wants!

As for the BDB, I'm so excited about the new book!

Tessa | 1951 comments Tatiana wrote: "Are you going to read the sequel? I've already put it in my TBR shelf (it's not out yet). I also liked Alexandra, she sure knows what she wants!

As for the BDB, I'm so excited about the new book!"

I will read the sequel. Let me know if you want to buddy read it when it gets out ^^. I've read https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1... in the meantime.

About Black Dagger Brotherhood, donno what to say. It got some pretty bad reviews and it looks like a never ending series :( .

message 25: by Tati (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tati | 10171 comments To be honest, the BDB does seem to be an unending series. What I'm doing at this point is skipping nearly all the parts that don't feature the Brothers.

Rachmi  | 4945 comments I'm up for Tangled sequel too. It's from Kate's POV, right?

I only have read 6 books of BDS series. The last one I read, Phury story wasn't good and its my least favorite. I think I'm not gonna read any other books soon, though Wrath story will release in a couple months, I think.

Tessa | 1951 comments Yes, maybe you'll like Kate as the MC better :).

Rachmi  | 4945 comments I hope so, that's why I want to read the sequel :D

message 29: by Tati (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tati | 10171 comments And it looks like there'll be a time jump too in the sequel.

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Yes, it won't take place right after Tangled. But I more interested in book #3, Mathew & Dee Dee story. I think Dee Dee is an interesting character.

Lovetoread | 753 comments Mods can you change the date to july 21st? thanks

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 83381 comments Mod
***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Date Changed. Restarting July 21st 2014. Happy Reading ☺

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Marga  (margaraawr) | 1587 comments I'll join this oooooone. ~^O^~

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments I started this a bit earlier and will probably finish it today as well.. Anyone joining?

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments Chapter 2 (view spoiler)

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments Chapter 3 (view spoiler)

Lovetoread | 753 comments I'm gunna start later...

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments Chapter 4 (view spoiler)

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments Chapter 9 (view spoiler)

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments Chapter 11 (view spoiler)

Lovetoread | 753 comments Starting now

Lovetoread | 753 comments Chapter 1 (view spoiler)

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments Chapter 16 (view spoiler)

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments Chapter 18 (view spoiler)

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments Chapter 21 (view spoiler)

Rachael (classycupcakezz) | 6113 comments Chapter 23 (view spoiler)

Rebecca (longy207) | 1599 comments I'll read this one I'll start tonight...

Rebecca (longy207) | 1599 comments is that ok?

Lovetoread | 753 comments yes of course

Rebecca (longy207) | 1599 comments Chapter 1 (view spoiler)

« previous 1