FYA Book Club of Charm City discussion

Solving for Ex
This topic is about Solving for Ex
Buddy Read Program > Solving For Ex by Leigh Ann Kopans

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Ellon (eruschell) | 271 comments Mod
We can start today if you want! I have a snow day today (and probably will tomorrow too) so I have the time :)

There are 31 chapters. 5 a day?

message 2: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Corrigan (elizabethrcorrigan) | 135 comments 5 a day works for me, and I'll start tonight. Sadly, I must work from home and cannot spend all day reading. :-/

Aww at least you can stay warm at home and not go out in this mess!

I think the story is entertaining so far but I cant stand how Ashley depends completely in Brendan to keep her from being depressed.

message 5: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Corrigan (elizabethrcorrigan) | 135 comments I can't help comparing it to Mansfield Park, which is okay. But, yeah, Ashley needs to branch out a bit in her socializing.

message 6: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Corrigan (elizabethrcorrigan) | 135 comments I'm a day behind, cuz I'm doing a con and have a houseguest this weekend, and that kind of saps all my time. But I'll catch up soon.

No worries. I was skiing for most of the day so I only got half of today's reading done

So Ashley totally had to have cheated on that Mathlete test.

I don't know what to think of Vincent. He seems so sweet but I know something is going to go wrong

It's been at least four years since I've read Mansfield Park so I'm having a hard time remembering all the details.

message 9: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Corrigan (elizabethrcorrigan) | 135 comments I am the worst buddy reader ever. I think, "Oh, it'll be fine, and I'll have time to read while I'm doing conventions." But then I totally don't. I still haven't read past the first 5 chapters. I will read more tonight.

message 10: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Corrigan (elizabethrcorrigan) | 135 comments I'm now through chapter 10. What kind of weird school is this where the Mathletes are all beautiful and popular?

Also, this is the part where she starts crying when she tells Vincent about what happened at her old school. If I didn't know he was Henry Crawford, I would know he had an ulterior motive. Cuz usually crazy crying behavior is a turnoff to guys. Though I guess she was crying when she first met Brendan too.

Yea the Mathlete thing is kinda weird lol

Finished the book.

Meh

message 13: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Corrigan (elizabethrcorrigan) | 135 comments I'm feeling kind of "Meh" about it too. I might just skip the rest for now, cuz I need to get started on the book for group next week.

Yea if you already feel meh about it then you definitely won't like the end lol

message 15: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Corrigan (elizabethrcorrigan) | 135 comments I actually already read the last chapter, and I found it a little offputting. "Oh, btw, we've been dating other people, but now we're declaring our love for each other. And we're instantly having sex." Call me a prude, but I find the instant sex kind of offputting in YA. I mind it less in adult stuff.

I also found the instant sex a little misplaced.