Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus
Book Issues > ISBN - ISBN 13 - duplications

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mary (new) - added it

Mary Metias | 18 comments Hello Librarians,

I just added a new edition of the famous book " men are from Mars and women are from Venus".

I couldn't add the ISBN , As it's already existing for Indonesian edition.
My edition is english
ISBN-13 978-0-7225-38449

Here's my edition
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...
ISBN-10 0-7225-38449

I got the 2 errors below :
2 errors prohibited this record from being saved:

Isbn is taken by an existing book with the title "Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus". Search for 0722538448 in the header to view it. If you believe this is an error please double-check your data, then check the Goodreads Librarians group. ISBNs are optional so you can also add this book without an ISBN.
Isbn13 is taken by an existing book with the title "Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus". Search for 9780722538449 in the header to view it. If you believe this is an error please double-check your data, then check the Goodreads Librarians group. ISBNs are optional so you can also add this book without an ISBN.

Thanks in advance,
Mary

message 2: by Susie (new)

Susie (dragonsusie) | 2472 comments The edition that comes up when I put in the latter ISBN-13 is this one, which is in English: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1....

But, as your edition also has a valid ISBN, it means that it's a newer edition of the same book. So, in these cases, we add it as an alternate-cover edition. I've updated the description of your edition to reflect that.

message 3: by Renske (new)

Renske | 10794 comments The language was an error, I changed it to English.

Sometimes books are published with different covers for the same ISBN. I added a note to your edition that it is an alternate cover edition and added a better image of the cover.

message 4: by Susie (new)

Susie (dragonsusie) | 2472 comments Renske wrote: "The language was an error, I changed it to English.

Sometimes books are published with different covers for the same ISBN. I added a note to your edition that it is an alternate cover edition and added a better image of the cover."

Aha! Teamwork! :)