Chaos Reading discussion

Bookshelf Nominations > Bookshelf Nominations: NUMBERS [now online]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ruby , Mistress of Chaos (new)

Ruby  Tombstone Lives! (rubytombstone) | 3260 comments Mod
A while ago we did a themed group read, nominating our favourite books with numbers in the title. Just looking at the poll results, this stands out in my mind as one of the better lists we've come up with.

I've put the books that were nominated up on their own shelf here: https://www.goodreads.com/group/books...

If you have any more to add to the shelf, please nominate them here.

message 2: by Donna R (last edited Feb 12, 2014 06:44AM) (new)

Donna R (goodreadscomuser_ainsco) I nominate:

Nine Parts of Desire: The Hidden World of Islamic Women by Geraldine Brooks

"Almighty God created sexual desire in ten parts; then he gave nine parts to women and one part to men."
- Ali ibn Abu Taleb, husband of Muhammad's daughter Fatima and founder of the Shiite sect of Islam.

Following six years working as a foreign correspondent covering events in the Middle East for The Wall Street Journal, Brooks lays out for us her observations of the women of this region.

Three Day Road by Joseph Boyden

Such a debut! I enjoyed the fresh viewpoint of The Great War - a Cree sniper is wending his way home from the horror of Ypres and the Somme.

Nine Parts of Desire The Hidden World of Islamic Women by Geraldine Brooks Three Day Road by Joseph Boyden

Pages For Thoughts (pagesforthoughts) | 3 comments Well, since this is called NUMBERS, should I mention Numbers by Rachael Ward? It's really cool.