What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Cages
This topic is about Cages
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA/Middle school book about a girl working at a humane society [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Tess | 439 comments I read this book no later than 2000, and no earlier than 1993. I can't remember if I was in middle school or grade school. I think the book was published right around when I read it.
The story is about a girl who steals an espensive bracelet because her friend has so much money and the main character is really jealous. She gets caught at the mall while stealing it. Her punishment is to work in community service, so she starts working at the local humane society. She falls in love with a dog, and really wants to adopt the dog. Everyone says they are good together; you can see the 'love light' in the dog's eyes.

I was so sure this book was called "lovelight" but Goodread's search for "lovelight" didn't turn up my book. Looking for "love light" in the title got me books called "Boom" and "Blue Sky July." - can I just say how frustrating the Goodreads search function is?!

Anyway, the cover on the copy I read had an illustration of a girl and a dog sitting in the humane society. Thank you for your help finding this book!

message 2: by Serendi (new)

Serendi How about Cages by Peg Kehret?

message 3: by bookel (new)

bookel | 2108 comments I agree Cages by Peg Kehret.

Tess | 439 comments Thank you thank you, I would never have remembered that!

message 5: by Serendi (new)

Serendi You're welcome!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Cages (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Peg Kehret (other topics)