YA & NA Romance ♥ discussion

Fallen Times
This topic is about Fallen Times
Read to Review (Signup Closed) > Read to Review: Fallen Times - CLOSED FOR SIGN UP

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (last edited Mar 05, 2014 11:08AM) (new)

Sarah Oxford (sarahloxford) | 1260 comments Fallen Times by A. Roos

Genres: YA+/NA Romance, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Paranormal, Dystopian

Description:

Newhaven of the future – ironically enough, anything but a safe haven for its inhabitants. The government has run out of money but hospitals and schools are better than ever – that’s to say for those living in one of the fenced-off areas. Still, postcodes have less meaning for the new influenza which is spreading, and suddenly everyone is facing the same issues: Where has the virus come from? Are you safe if you buy the pharmaceutical companys’ newly designed mouth guard? And who can afford to get vaccinated?

Liv is 18 years old, an angel living among humans. She knows why people are getting sick and she’s tired of being a passive bystander. In contrast, her childhood friend Raphael has seen far too much of Newhaven and not even the sunglasses he always wears can shut out its harsh climate. Perhaps it would be simpler to be one of them – one of the fallen angels? Marcel knows what it feels like to be fallen: like nothing. Killing someone causes him as little pain as the cuts he carves into his shoulders afterwards. It’s a simple logic: the world isn’t grey, it’s black or white, and if he called the shots it would only be black.

Life is left hanging in the balance for these three when the hunt for medicines leads to a raid on the hostel where Liv works. The next day, she has disappeared without a trace and Raphael faces a dilemma. Should he focus on his mission or drop everything to find Liv? Marcel has other concerns. His problem isn’t to do with finding someone, it’s to do with getting rid of someone, namely the girl who’s lying in one of his rooms and refusing to die.

Recommended for mature readers, contains some violence, adult language and sexual content.

The available formats for Fallen Times are Mobi or ePub. Please comment below with your email address and preference of format. Anna is generously allowing 15 reviewers to read and review this book. Only the first 15 members to sign up will be able to participate in this Read to Review. The deadline for this Read to Review is 3 weeks. Anna would like reviewers to post their reviews on Goodreads and Amazon. Once you have finished reading and reviewing, please post the links to your reviews in this thread.

Please do not sign up for this Read to Review if you are unable to meet the required time-frame. If after signing up you find that you will not meet the deadline, please send me a message as soon as possible.

Directions for how to sign up to read and review a book can be found in the Reviewer Directions - Read to Review thread.

Directions for how an author can sign up their book to be read and reviewed can be found in the Author Directions - Read to Review thread.

All questions regarding Read to Reviews can be posted to the Questions - Read to Review thread.

Participants:
1. Faye
2. Evie ✔
3. Elizabeth ✔
4. Khulhet24 ✔
5. Josie
6. Joycedale
7. Jordynn

message 2: by Faye (new) - added it

Faye | 35 comments Would like to review. stelle.redrose@yahoo.com - epub pls

Evie I would like to review!

eviecollins3@gmail.com
mobi please

message 4: by A. (new) - added it

A. Roos (aeroos) | 12 comments Faye wrote: "Would like to review. stelle.redrose@yahoo.com - epub pls"

Sent! :)

message 5: by A. (new) - added it

A. Roos (aeroos) | 12 comments Evie wrote: "I would like to review!

eviecollins3@gmail.com
mobi please"

Elizabeth Nguyen | 5 comments Can I please review this book? quynh.nguyen170@gmail.com any format would be alright.

khulhet24 | 91 comments i would like to review this one. here is my email thearedaja_0224@yahoo.com epub please

message 8: by A. (new) - added it

A. Roos (aeroos) | 12 comments Elizabeth wrote: "Can I please review this book? quynh.nguyen170@gmail.com any format would be alright."

Sent!:)

message 9: by A. (new) - added it

A. Roos (aeroos) | 12 comments khulhet24 wrote: "i would like to review this one. here is my email thearedaja_0224@yahoo.com epub please"

Josie (josie9814) I would love to review
mobi please, josie_9814@yahoo.com

message 11: by A. (new) - added it

A. Roos (aeroos) | 12 comments Josie wrote: "I would love to review
mobi please, josie_9814@yahoo.com"

Sent :)!

message 12: by Evie (new) - rated it 3 stars

Evie Thank you for the opportunity to review your work!

Goodreads:
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

☆Joycedale☆ If its not to late I'd like to sign up
joycedale1983@yahoo.com epub

message 14: by A. (new) - added it

A. Roos (aeroos) | 12 comments ★Joycedale★ wrote: "If its not to late I'd like to sign up
joycedale1983@yahoo.com epub"

☆Joycedale☆ A. wrote: "★Joycedale★ wrote: "If its not to late I'd like to sign up
joycedale1983@yahoo.com epub"

Sent :)!"

Thank you

message 18: by Jordynn (new)

Jordynn Can I review your book please. My email is jordynn_laird@hotmail.co.uk . Can it be in kindle format.

message 19: by A. (new) - added it

A. Roos (aeroos) | 12 comments Jordynn wrote: "Can I review your book please. My email is jordynn_laird@hotmail.co.uk . Can it be in kindle format."

☆Joycedale☆ I'm sorry, I cant finish. I got 65% into it but I'm so confused. I keep going back and rereading but I'm just not understanding what's happening. I do like Liv and Marcel though.

message 21: by A. (new) - added it

A. Roos (aeroos) | 12 comments ☆Joycedale☆ wrote: "I'm sorry, I cant finish. I got 65% into it but I'm so confused. I keep going back and rereading but I'm just not understanding what's happening. I do like Liv and Marcel though."

No worries, I appreciate you letting me know.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Fallen Times (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

A. Roos (other topics)