Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood discussion

not encourage

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Badriya (new)

Badriya  Bintuwaih so I bought this hoping to know little about this thing of sisterhood. However, no one here encouraged me to open the first page and read it. So I will just keep it in my to-read list.

Karen Don't ever wait for others to encourage you to read a book. Most of the books I have read, I had never heard of before.
I have read Divine Secrets and thought it was a good book, funny and sad.

Tarri Definitely read the book, I highly recommend it.

Cathy Correa I really enjoyed this book. Deals with mental health issues and how secrecy surrounding it can hurt in the long run...and of course how really good girlfriends are there for each other.

Donna Davis The reference to Koreans right at the beginning struck me as a nasty ethnic joke, though I am sure the writer would justify it by saying that the protagonist was simply trying to find herself. But not a great book to hand to a child of Asian descent.

Aprille Loved this book..I suggest you pick it up and dive right in..don't wait for someone else to appreciate it..some will some won't..I loved it and go back to this book and author often..

Vanessa  Eden Patton Your an adult, read it if you want or don't. No one cares.

Linda Kelly Personally I disliked this book but if someone wanted to read it I wouldn't dicourage them.

Kressel Housman Donna wrote: "The reference to Koreans right at the beginning struck me as a nasty ethnic joke, though I am sure the writer would justify it by saying that the protagonist was simply trying to find herself. But ..."

I don't remember a racial slur about Koreans! Could you remind me?