Unhinged (Splintered, #2) Unhinged discussion

Unhinged

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sommer Sims This is the second book in a soon to be three part series called “Splintered”. The twisted take on Alice in Wonderland begins once again when Alyssa finally is with the guy she loves and she is about to go to school in London. Everything was about as normal as Alyssa could have wanted until Jeb comes back from London and Morpheus returns. She finds out that he wasn’t the only one betraying and lying to her for years and years. Wonderland is spiraling downward into nothing. Needless to say, Queen Red has returned. Now Alyssa’s world as she knows it will be “unhinged”. This book was amazing; a fantastic follow up and continuation of the first novel. I’d definitely recommend reading this if you have read Splintered. The question I leave you with as a hint to what you will be finding out is this: “What or who is causing all the mischief that Morpheus isn’t?”

message 2: by Ellie (new) - added it

Ellie Bichara i know, i loved this book to death! it doesn't get the credit it deserves! I WANT THE NEXT ONE!!

message 3: by Kaelyn (new) - added it

Kaelyn Can I just say...I will not say any spoilers, But OHMYGOD I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!!!!! I cannot wait for the 3rd one. When I say I cant I really mean I cant...I have to have it now!

Sommer Sims Couldn't agree more! I loved it so much but I was kinda upset when you-know-what happened...

message 5: by Ellie (new) - added it

Ellie Bichara Sommer wrote: "Couldn't agree more! I loved it so much but I was kinda upset when you-know-what happened..."

which you-know-what? soooo much stuff happened!

Sommer Sims the you know what that was at the end that had to do with Morph and Jeb

Danielle Bertrand Loved, loved, loved Unhinged! The ending was heart-stopping and now has me begging for bk 3. Such a great cliff-hanging.

Sommer Sims Does anyone know when the cover is going to be shown

Sahiba OMG I Love THIS BOOK SO MUCH !!!!!!!!!! OMG I J uST. CANNOT FATh oM HoW MuCH I LoVe It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will do a proper discussion thing because this is just weirdo stuff.

Sahiba Sommer wrote: "Does anyone know when the cover is going to be shown"

I don't but I think Red will be on the front, or Jeb!!!

Sommer Sims i dunno the title ensnared could go any which way

Sommer Sims its a battle lol.

message 13: by B (new) - rated it 3 stars

B I loved Jeb in the first book but i hate him now! I LOVE Morpheus now. He just seems so much more... like he cares. I like that Jeb proposed, though...

Sommer Sims So many conflicting feelings...

message 15: by Ellie (new) - added it

Ellie Bichara i think that alyssa should choose jeb in the end (Cos hes obviousy the one shes going to pick (first)) but if it were me, i would pick morpheous. because, come on, he is just soo delicious!

Sommer Sims agreed

Maria i just loooved Jeb so much in Splintered. then in Unhinged he put work before Alyssa waaay too many times
don't get me wrong i still love him but i looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove Morpheus more.
No matter how many times she insults him/among other things--he is there for her
HE always puts Alyssa first
HE trusted Alyssa throughout the whole series (most of the time)
I can't wait for Ensnared--Imma die ;(
Hopefully Jeb will be on the cover of this one--maybe her mom or Red?
I think that when it said 3 queens would fight in Alyssa mosaics: Red, Alyssa, & her mom cuz there was no one else anyway so it has to be her
I really do think her mom still wants the Crown- i believe the Red Queen (only the whole Alison wants the crown thing tho)
MORPHEUS come back!!!!!!!
and Jeb!!!!!!!
*crying my heart out*

message 18: by B (new) - rated it 3 stars

B You know what's sorta sad, though? If she does end up with Morpheus, i could totally see Jeb dying or something in order so it can happen. I've seen a lot of amateur writers do it and it drives me NUTS. Even if I love Morpheus I still like Jeb! He's a sweetie. I don't wanna see him die...

message 19: by Mary (new) - added it

Mary Reagan OMG! The ending drove me nuts... I can't wait for the next one to come out. My favorite character is Morpheus! I really hope she ends up with him :)

Maria Mary wrote: "OMG! The ending drove me nuts... I can't wait for the next one to come out. My favorite character is Morpheus! I really hope she ends up with him :)"

The ending is killing me
i cant wait till 2015

Curlygirly Ellie wrote: "i know, i loved this book to death! it doesn't get the credit it deserves! I WANT THE NEXT ONE!!"

Very true, this book deserves A LOT more credit.

message 22: by Lee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lee this is going to seem like the longest wait ever
cannot come quickly enough for me.

the woman is a genius coming up with these books

Sahiba You don't know how crazy I Am. I actually have been having nightmares of the worst ending for the trilogy and am dying inside!!!!

Maria Sahiba wrote: "You don't know how crazy I Am. I actually have been having nightmares of the worst ending for the trilogy and am dying inside!!!!"

Worst ending: The Red Queen wins.
Morpheus & Jeb never escape.

message 25: by B (new) - rated it 3 stars

B Mariah wrote: "Sahiba wrote: "You don't know how crazy I Am. I actually have been having nightmares of the worst ending for the trilogy and am dying inside!!!!"

Morpheus & Jeb n..."

YIKES! Don't say something like that!!!

Maria B wrote: "Mariah wrote: "Sahiba wrote: "You don't know how crazy I Am. I actually have been having nightmares of the worst ending for the trilogy and am dying inside!!!!"

M..."

I know...an ending like that would kill me.
Literally

Sommer Sims Don't even make me think that! :(

Carla Antonia Ellie wrote: "i know, i loved this book to death! it doesn't get the credit it deserves! I WANT THE NEXT ONE!!"

totally cant wait for the 3rd one. Alyssa is so perfect.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

NEED THE THIRD BOOK!

message 30: by Lee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lee Isha wrote: "I feel like Alyssa doesn't like Morpheus nearly as much as all of us fans."

I think you are right, also how is Morpheus going to feel with both Alyssa and her mum looking at him ?

Because I got the impression that back in the day he fancied her as much as Alyssa

message 31: by Lee (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lee Isha wrote: "Lee wrote: "Isha wrote: "I feel like Alyssa doesn't like Morpheus nearly as much as all of us fans."

I think you are right, also how is Morpheus going to feel with both Alyssa and her mum looking ..."

Trouble is you don`t know sometimes if he is
being very truthful,I mean Alyssa is happy with
Jeb but that does not seem to mean much to Morpheus.

message 32: by Ellie (new) - added it

Ellie Bichara Carla wrote: "Ellie wrote: "i know, i loved this book to death! it doesn't get the credit it deserves! I WANT THE NEXT ONE!!"

totally cant wait for the 3rd one. Alyssa is so perfect."

well, i wouldn't call her perfect, she still annoys me in some of the things she does and the way she focusses too much on the decision between Jeb and Morpheus, when there are bigger problems at hand.
But still, she is sooo much better than some YA fictional girls. some just make me wanna puke.

message 33: by Bree (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bree I love the Splintered series! Can't wait for book number three:) The author is brilliant. She has revamped a beloved, crazy world, and created new memorable characters, along with some original favorites. Morpheus has charisma coming out of his hat! Jeb is an artist, and still a mystery to the plot. Alyssa has spunk, and cool fashion. (I even find her parents interesting.) Along with this story, there are many fun things you can do with the theme of Wonderland. You can throw tea parties, unbirthday parties, have croquet matches, incorporate the fashion of Wonderland to your wardrobe, and many arts and crafts.
I heard that Tim Burton will be directing another Alice in Wonderland movie. Personally, I would love to see the Splintered series turned into movies.
Topic Question. I think the Red Queen is causing a lot of trouble. Morpheus is also manipulative. I don't think Alyssa's mom was ever attracted to Morpheus, and like wise (I hope that is the case, otherwise yuck).
While you are waiting for Ensnared to come out, I have a book recommendation called Greta and the Goblin King. It is a different version of Hansel and Gretel. There really isn't a Hansel in the story (so far), but there is a Gretel (Greta) and she kicks butt. She is trapped in a world of winter called Mylena, and there she learns to bounty hunt for monsters, and catches the eye of the handsome Goblin King (who appears to look human). I am still waiting for the second book in this series.

Lauren “Ellie Bichara i know, i loved this book to death! it doesn't get the credit it deserves! I WANT THE NEXT ONE!!
4 years ago“ I agree! There’s so many people who hate this book! I loved it! (I’ve already read the next one tho), and Morpheus all the way, Jeb was so... ugh, just terrible, I absolutely loved Morpheus