Start by marking “Unhinged (Splintered, #2)” as Want to Read:
Unhinged (Splintered, #2)

Unhinged (Splintered #2)

4.26  ·  Rating Details ·  15,718 Ratings  ·  2,287 Reviews
Alyssa Gardner has been down the rabbit hole and faced the bandersnatch. She saved the life of Jeb, the guy she loves, and escaped the machinations of the disturbingly seductive Morpheus and the vindictive Queen Red. Now all she has to do is graduate high school and make it through prom so she can attend the prestigious art school in London she's always dreamed of.

That wo
Published January 7th 2014 by Amulet Books

To ask other readers questions about Unhinged, please sign up.

Courtney Depends on age.. I'd say for anyone older than 13 it would be a safe read. There's kissing and an implication of sex, but it isn't to crazy or…moreDepends on age.. I'd say for anyone older than 13 it would be a safe read. There's kissing and an implication of sex, but it isn't to crazy or anything. I'd say probably on a scale of 1 being no kissing or touching and 10 being straight up sex, I'd go with a 3. (less)
YA Novels of 2014
1,533 books — 8,991 voters
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra ClareThe Blood of Olympus by Rick RiordanThe One by Kiera CassCress by Marissa MeyerDreams of Gods & Monsters by Laini Taylor
Can't Wait Books of 2014
2,441 books — 15,824 voters

More lists with this book...

A.G. Howard
Feb 27, 2013 A.G. Howard added it  ·  (Review from the author)
No rating from me since I gave birth to it. But I LOVES it and am grateful for all of the Splintered fans and readers! It's because of you that I got to continue the story!

That's all I can say for now. Except that Alyssa kicks bootie. And Chessie's there along with other Wonderlandians (the good, the bad, and the creepy). OH, and then there's Jeb and Morpheus ... *drools*.

That is all. :)

Stay tuned; I'll have an ARC request form for ENSNARED on my website once they're available, and I'll post th
Khanh (the Grinch)
Actual rating: 3.5
In a blink, his wings fully manifest and slice the smoky haze, peeling it back to reveal him in his true state: flawless, pale skin, masquerade-style patches curved like ivy beneath his eyes. The teardrop-shaped jewels flash bright and blinding through a rainbow of colors, so many moods they can’t be read.

His wings spread out behind him—at once intimidating and majestic.

It's Morpheus in the flesh.
Morpheus, you glorious motherfucker. LET ME LOVE YOU. Let me do unspeakable thin
Hannah
This book = FANGIRL DREAM COME TRUE!!!!!!!
This is my fangirly:

So I read this BOOK.
I HAVE NO words.
I hate and love A.G. at the same time.
The FEELS warring within.
This book is freaking Frabjous.
Kaloo-Kallay.
*chortles in joy*
GIVE ME ENSNARED NOW.

'Nuff Said.
Melissa ♥ Dog Lover ♥ Martin
Nov 05, 2016 Melissa ♥ Dog Lover ♥ Martin rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, young-adult

What a freaking beautiful cover! He is absolutely gorgeous! ♥

Just when Alyssa thinks everything is going to go as planned in her life, it doesn't. She's been home from Wonderland for a year, she's with Jeb, she's doing great in school and will graduate soon, planning on moving to London with Jeb, her mom is back home and things are all just peachy.

Then . . . .

The wonderful Morpheus arrives but his time he's not just in her dreams. He's coming to the human world to try to talk Alyssa to come ba
Sana  Khalid °¤°
1.5 stars.

***Will contain major spoilers from the previous book and maybe, some minor ones from this book.***

Now, I liked the first book because maybe, unlike this fucking book, it actually had a like-able story, some fucking action, and it wasn't a back and forth between, "oh should I go back to wonderland and save it? or, nah i don't feel like going back to save wonderland.

LISTEN
THE FUCK
UP,

I could not find a single fuck to give about Alyssa and her having to choose whether she should go fuckin
shady
Feb 27, 2013 shady rated it it was amazing
Whoa! That ending, though! I really didn't expect you to take it there, Anita, but I am so glad you did. That was wonderfully mad.

What I also loved about this book was that we finally got to know more about Alyssa's parents. A lot more, including how they met. Al's mom was always a mystery to me, and I'm so glad this book gave me a chance to get to know her better. While most fans probably are all about Jeb and Morpheus in regards to this book, I much preferred the relationship between Alyssa an
Rachel E. Carter
Sep 17, 2014 Rachel E. Carter rated it it was amazing
Shelves: to-buy-paperback
I'm going to be honest. I would read every book with Morpheus ever written. That is all.
Brittany Daigle
Mar 01, 2013 Brittany Daigle rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fav
I.AM.SUPER.EXCITED!!!MUST.HAVE.NOW!

haha

MORPHEUS IS ON THE COVER!!!!!!!FEELS FEELS AND MORE FEELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Booknut
'My heart falls into my feet.

Not even the familiar scents of paint, chalk dust, and plaster can comfort me when I see the scene taking shape: a Red Queen on a murderous rampage in a bleak and crumbling Wonderland.

Just like my most recent dreams...

I smooth the cloth back into place, unwilling to acknowledge what the imagery might mean.

It's easier to hide from it.'

Alyssa may have finished with Wonderland. But it hasn't finished with her.

When Alyssa chose the human world over Wonderland, she though
Liz* Fashionably Late
Is it just me or...?

descriptiondescription

RPat meets The Hatter
Demi
Jun 23, 2014 Demi rated it did not like it
So I read Splintered a long time ago and nearly had an aneurysm from the entitled, possessive, prick of douche wad that is Jeb. Actually, it was from the fact that our supposed protagonist (and actual unreliable narrator) Alyssa glorified this abusive asshole and put him on a pedastle. Today I thought, hey, maybe the sequel won't be so bad? Maybe Alyssa will own up to the fact that she is in an incredibly unhealthy relationship and will actually do something to serve the plot?

WRONG WRONG WRONG W
Jessi (Novel Heartbeat)

Let me just say this: I love Anita. LOVE. She’s one of the most awesome authors I’ve ever talked to! I enjoyed Splintered, but Unhinged was even better! And no, I’m not biased just because I like the author. The world is a deliciously macabre version of the original, and I was thrilled to dive back in!

I love Anita’s writing. She can paint the scenes in my head vividly and beautifully! The world building is one of my favorite parts of this series. The other is Morpheus.

Oh dear lord, how I love t
Juliana Zapata
Apr 05, 2015 Juliana Zapata rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
Me encantó este libro, me sigue faltando emoción y sobrando algunas páginas, pero sin duda los personajes son magníficos, el cambio de ambientación fue todo un éxito para mí.

Morfeo como siempre histriónico y maravilloso, son diálogos son magníficos y el personaje es perfecto para mi.

El final del libro mucho mejor que el final anterior, me dejó con muchas ganas de leer el siguiente libro.

Reseña Completa: http://bastvilard.blogspot.com/2015/0...
Helen 2.0
Wonderland and madness and creepy crawling creatures is what I'm reading this series for. Unfortunately, there was less Wonderland and madness in Unhinged than in Splintered, but it did involve an animated clown doll that made me want to burn every toy I've ever owned out of sheer terror. Yes, that's what really makes me want to keep reading - sheer terror.

Morpheus remains the most interesting character in the series. As Alyssa herself points out, Morpheus always gets screwed when he does the ri
Natalie (Never trust a duck)
Dear Mrs. Howard,
Please let Alyssa end up with Morpheus. Not after she's with Jeb or anything, but Morph and Morph alone, cause let's be real, you created a beautiful winged boy. Kudos to you.

Natalie ;)
Michelle (Much Loved Books)
Feb 27, 2013 Michelle (Much Loved Books) rated it it was amazing
This is how I feel about this book

photo HappyDance.gif

****Update 9th Jan 2014****

While I have been anticipating Unhinged and getting to read it, part of me was worried it wouldn't live up the hype and reach my expectations. I fell in love with Splintered, the world and the characters, and each time I fall head over heels in love with a book I always worry that the second one won't meet its predecessor's standards. I really did not think I would love Unhinged as much as I did, or even love it more than Splintered,
Melanie
See more reviews at YA Midnight Reads

Mini Review:

I was really shocked with myself when I found myself not enjoying Unhinged. I practically devoured Splintered just a few months ago, so my change in tastes could not be the reason why I wanted to DNF this sequel. I know I've been writing my reviews in a dot-point format (which is probably suggesting that I'm falling into a review slump--thank god I have recently chosen two co-bloggers to help me) a lot lately however it seems the only conventiona
Namerah
May 06, 2013 Namerah marked it as to-read
I want this book SO BAD but...
THAT IS the UGLIEST COVER I HAVE EVER HAD THE MISFORTUNE TO SET MY EYES ON!!!!

Natalie Monroe

To say I'm disappointed is a bit of an understatement.

Splintered had its faults Jeb, but I really enjoyed it. The world-building was exquisite and delightfully imaginative so I was willing to overlook the multitude of faults Jeb it came with. Unhinged, on the other hand, takes all these annoyances, blows them up to the size of floats and shoves them in my face, hoping the existence of one two sexy males will be enough to cover them.

It doesn't.

First off, the plot. Unhinged picks up abou
Stephanie (Bookfever.♥)
Wow! Unhinged was so damn good! I'm really impressed by how much I ended up loving it. It's been so freaking long since I read Splintered. Almost one year and a half I think so it's been really nice to get back into this amazing world. I had to stop a few times, though, to read some books that were due for review but I finally finished it and let me just say that I can't wait until the third book is out. I need it now!

It's a little hard to form any coherent thoughts with the way Unhinged ended.
Natalia
“There’s something new behind his eyes—resolution—and I know I’ve just signed my soul away.”

4 stars

Well, I’ve been thinking about the rating all night …. Kidding, I was asleep, but maybe Morpheus visited my dreams to affect my final decision, because I was SO on the fence yesterday. Anyway, the wicked creature swayed me in his favor, because how could he not? Yes, he was definitely a showstopper and earned all the stars I gave to the book. Hell if I know how Alyssa can resist this guy.

Okay,
Elena Salvatore
It's been about a year since Alyssa has returned home from Wonderland and thing are going good in her life.
Her mother is out of the insane asylum.
She and Jeb are happily dating and are planning on going to London together when she finishes higscholl.
And other than Morpheus still visiting her dreams and hearing the flowers and bugs talking, she is finally free from Wonderland.
Or so she thought.

Queen Red is more furious than ever and vows to take revenge.
She destroyed Wonderland and now Morpheus c
Hailey (HaileyInBookland)
3.5/3.75 maybe?
I just didn't love it. It was a pretty big letdown after I really loved Splintered. The corniness got to me and I felt like it was super slow. I just wanted to go back to Wonderland :( I didn't hate it though just yeah... Video review to come! (Hopefully soon I'm still quite behind)
Bethany Crandell
Feb 27, 2013 Bethany Crandell rated it it was amazing
GENIUS. This book is nothing short of pure, fantastical GENIUS.

If SPLINTERED tickled your fancy, UNHINGED will send you into hysterics. Come January 2014, you better hold on to your hats, kids, cause you're in for a WILD ride!

(Being a crit partner has its privileges--don't hate me.)
Cait (Paper Fury)
My mind = blown. I'm just...gah, I have such a book hangover right now. I just want to fangirl and cry and stroke the book (preciousssss) and get on my hands and knees (not a normal position for me) and beg for the next book. Time, please go faster.

I mostly have the same loves and hates for Unhinged as I did with Splintered. While I adored the creepiness of Wonderland (scootch over Tim Burton), I really didn't like how it was continually said "but Lewis Carroll got it wrong and instead it's
Katerina Kondrenko
4 out of 10

Ревью в моем блоге/This review on my blog
Living A Thousand Lives

Short-Soundtrack:
Marshall Crutcher – Main Theme
Coil – Red Queen
Ruelle – Everything Is Lost

Genre: retelling, YA
Stuff: real world mixed up with netherlings
Fail: humans, school, Jeb, Jeb...Jeb.
WOW: Morpheus, still and always
POV: 1st-person, female
Love-Geometry: medium going to hard

Quote-Core
Anna *no longer in use*
3 1/2

“In this realm, lighting footsteps while erasing them would be impossible and nonsensical, but not in Wonderland. And now that Wonderland has crossed our borders, it’s reasonable and makes perfect sense here.”

There is a simple way to describe this book: Identity crisis.

In book one Alyssa visited Wonderland, in Unhinged it came back to haunt her. Making her struggle to choose between her human self or her wild, netherling side.

First of all- I love the story. Howard has a talent for writing
Lexie
Mar 25, 2016 Lexie rated it really liked it
Curiouser and curiouser.

Just when you thought Alice In Wonderland couldn't possibly get any curiouser. Lewis Caroll made it mad to begin with. Animated movies made it madder. Tim Burton... I don't even know what THAT was.

But this, ah. This is a special kind of mad. And curious. And A.G. Howard is my favorite Mad Hatter.
Jess
Jul 27, 2014 Jess rated it liked it
✰Actual Rating: 3.8✰

Don’t curse me. I know. The rule is half and wholes but, here’s the thing:

I’m having an inner conflict. I call it, Morpheus V. the Rest.

Let’s disclaimer this, once and for all. The story remains achingly intriguing. The love triangle? Not so much. It’s fun and games for the winning side and all, but let me tell you what’s out there, behind the glamoured fence of happiness. A fucking realm of broken dreams, that’s what is.

I’m being dramatic, but you know what, with my
YA Buddy Readers'...: Unhinged by A.G. Howard - Restarting May 9th 2016 113 182 May 28, 2016 12:20AM
Teens' Top Ten Di...: Unhinged by A. G. Howard 1 3 Aug 10, 2015 11:43AM
Morpheus or Jeb before and after. 2 27 May 14, 2015 01:17PM
Splintered Fan Club : Morpheus needs you... 10 51 May 12, 2015 01:49PM
YA Book Gang!!: Splintered series *spoilers* 4 14 Mar 06, 2015 03:58PM
Splintered Fan Club : UNHINGED ENDING (Major spoilers) 121 261 Jan 30, 2015 07:00PM
  • The Lovely and the Lost (The Dispossessed, #2)
  • Lady Thief (Scarlet, #2)
  • Wings (Black City, #3)
  • Renegade (MILA 2.0, #2)
  • Evertrue (Everneath, #3)
  • Between the Spark and the Burn (Between, #2)
  • Prophecy of Oz (Prophecy of Oz, #1)
  • Hero (Woodcutter Sisters #2; Books of Arilland #2)
  • Fragile Spirits (Souls, #2)
  • Fractured (Guards of the Shadowlands, #2)
  • Wayfarer (Tales of Beauty & Madness, #2)
  • Darkest Fear (Birthright, #1)
  • Trail of Shadows and Blood (A Tale So Dark & Grimm, #1)
  • The Glass Casket
  • Her Dark Curiosity (The Madman's Daughter, #2)
  • Fugitive X (Revolution 19, #2)
  • Gilded Ashes (Cruel Beauty Universe, #1.5)
  • Hansel and Gretel (Faerie Tale Collection, #5)
International and #1 New York Times Bestselling Author of Gothic / Fantasy & Paranormal tales. Mystical & romantic with a side of horror. YA, NA, and Literary Romance. Repped by Jenny Bent.

A.G. was inspired to write the Splintered Series, her tribute to Carroll's Wonderland, while working at a school library. Her pastimes are reading, rollerblading, gardening, and family vacations which of
More about A.G. Howard...

Splintered (3 books)
  • Splintered (Splintered, #1)
  • Ensnared (Splintered, #3)

“Of all the times you've undressed me in my fantasies, I never remember feeling this... unfulfilled."

"Please, Morpheus," I beg upon hearing Jeb stir in the background.

"Ah, but those delectable words," Morpheus says with a provocative smirk, "those are always in the fantasy."

I glare at him. "You're unbelievable."

"And that sentiment is reserved for the end.”
163 likes
“Little blossom trapped in between, wearing malice like a queen;
hide the truth, be cruel and tart,
still all the more, you rule my heart.”
118 likes