Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Mouseton Abbey: The Missing Diamond
This topic is about Mouseton Abbey
Book Issues > Info fix: The Missing Diamond

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (canadiangirlcb) | 702 comments https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

Title listed in record: Mouseton Abbey
Actual title: Mouseton Abbey: The Missing Diamond

Author credited in record: Nick Page

Other creators (not in record): devised by Joanna Bicknell ; illustrations by Tim Hutchinson ; Mice by Jo Bishop, Caroline hart and Carole Meredith ; designed by Annie Simpson ; photography by Andy Snaith ; research by Hayley Down.

message 2: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (canadiangirlcb) | 702 comments I'm not sure if Mouseton Abbey is going to be a series or not, unfortunately. The book format suggests yes, but no other books are out yet, so it'll be wait and see.

message 3: by Susie (new)

Susie (dragonsusie) | 2472 comments I've updated the title and have added the other contributors to the bottom of the description. The only other roles we usually add are other authors, illustrators/photographers (for picture books), editors (for books with multiple authors, in which case all authors are considered "contributors"), translators, and narrators (for audio books).

message 4: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (canadiangirlcb) | 702 comments Okay, thanks!

I wasn't sure which contributors you wanted. Bicknell seems to have 'produced' the item, but not worked on it like an author or illustrator. She and page are given the credit though.
The other contributors, including the illustrator and the mice-makers are listed on the verso.

I wasn't sure what the mice-makers and photographer would count as either - would that make them illustrators as well?

message 5: by Susie (new)

Susie (dragonsusie) | 2472 comments Courtney wrote: "Okay, thanks!

I wasn't sure which contributors you wanted. Bicknell seems to have 'produced' the item, but not worked on it like an author or illustrator. She and page are given the credit though.
The other contributors, including the illustrator and the mice-makers are listed on the verso.

I wasn't sure what the mice-makers and photographer would count as either - would that make them illustrators as well?"

I think that might make it too complicated, as technically they were made by those people, but the images in the book are from the illustrator and photographer!

I've noticed that both the photographer and illustrator already have author pages, so I've added them as additional authors (with their roles), too. The others aren't usually listed, so will be fine in the description.

message 6: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (canadiangirlcb) | 702 comments Great, thanks!