Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Bizarro Bizarro: An Anthology
This topic is about Bizarro Bizarro
Adding New Books > Fixing an Add Book mistake

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Timothy (new) - added it

Timothy Ward (timothycward) | 10 comments I tried to add Bizarro Bizarro: An Anthology to Danger Slater's bookshelf, but in the process of typing the book title, my choosing the existing title didn't work. Instead a new title was created. I don't see in the manual or in the edit section how to delete this incorrect version, add the correct one to Danger's shelf, and change the author name on the correct version from Danger_Slater to Danger Slater. I've spoken with Danger about this and confirmed this is what he wants.

message 2: by Jaideep (new)

Jaideep Bhoosreddy (jaideep_bhoosreddy) | 92 comments I've added the correct book, and somebody has deleted the wrong one.

message 3: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments Got it.

FYI, to change a secondary author on a book record in this situation*, you need to edit the edition record, delete the incorrectly spelled name, and add the correctly spelled name as a new secondary author. (For books with multiple editions, you need to do this for each edition.)

* This situation being one where the correct spelling of the author's name has been claimed by the author and the incorrect spelling of the name has nothing attached to it but the book record; otherwise it might have been necessary and/or simpler to merge the incorrect spelling into the correct spelling on the author profile level.

message 4: by Timothy (new) - added it

Timothy Ward (timothycward) | 10 comments Thank you both. It looks like I wouldn't have been able to do that with my permissions only letting me look at metadata answers, but that's good to know in the future. I'd like to learn how to do this stuff to help out, but the manual wasn't clear on a number of questions I had. Thanks for fixing this for me.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Bizarro Bizarro: An Anthology (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Danger Slater (other topics)