What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Collision Course
This topic is about Collision Course
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Book I read in 7th grade: Young British teen soccer player crashes motorcycle into woman, kills her, leaves scene, feels guilt [s]

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shakyjake (new)

Shakyjake | 5 comments I read a book in 7th grade (early 80's?) about a young teenager from England who was an outstanding soccer/football player that crashed his motorcycle into a woman (I think she opened her door and he hit her) that caused her to die. He leaves the scene without anyone seeing him.

The book is about the horrible guilt, stress and fear he goes through not knowing what he should do.

I remember our librarian highly recommending the book which caused me to fall in love with reading.

Thank you!

message 2: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2502 comments Mod
Shakyjake, I moved your post to Unsolved, where more people are likely to see it. :)

message 3: by Shakyjake (new)

Shakyjake | 5 comments Thank you much! I appreciate it :)

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39824 comments Mod
Shakyjake, are you still looking for this book?

message 5: by Shakyjake (new)

Shakyjake | 5 comments Yes please. Still no luck :(

message 6: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4268 comments Collision Course looks like a match.

message 7: by Shakyjake (new)

Shakyjake | 5 comments Oh my gosh! Ayshe that's the book!! How in the world did you figure it out with such limited info I supplied? I credit that book with really turning me on to the world of reading!

Thank you so much! I am very sorry for not seeing your post sooner, I'm still not sure how I missed it.... 8 months ago too!!

Thank you again!!! Too cool!!

message 8: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4268 comments I'm glad it was the one.

Don't worry about the late reply, better than never, right?

I can't remember how I found it, it must have been through worldcat.org or google search limiting to site:goodreads.com?

message 9: by Shakyjake (new)

Shakyjake | 5 comments Thank you again, cool thing is I got my son reading it now :). We have "Amazon Unlimited" so it ended up being free!

Thanks again for connecting me with my childhood! I will have to check out worldcat.... I tried so many different ways to search for it without luck!

Take care!