Ignite Me (Shatter Me, #3) Ignite Me discussion

Did this book shit on anyone else's heart, in the best kind of way?

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Noah Czerny I think I now know what it's like to experience temporary insanity. Please tell me I'm not alone.

Jennifer LOL I just loved it! I didn't want it to end. I just read chapter 55 over and over and then finally just finished it a few hours ago. Great ending.

Noah Czerny I think I may have stopped breathing that entire chapter. Tahereh is a goddess.

(Team Jem. Yes.)

message 4: by Cristina (last edited Feb 05, 2014 11:09AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cristina I'm so sad, too. is it really the end? I want a novella after the end from Aaron PoV.... Is there some possibility?
P.S. I loved ch. 55 and ch.58 OMG!!!!

Noah Czerny Cristina wrote: "I'm so sad, too. is it really the end? I want a novella after the end from Aaron PoV.... Is there some possibility?
P.S. I loved ch. 55 and ch.58 OMG!!!!"

That would be so wonderful. I would literally cry from happiness/pain.

Now that it's over, I feel like I don't have a purpose. D: NO ONE CAN FILL THE WHOLE YOU LEFT IN MY HEART, WARNER.

Cristina He is the most perfect character that I ever read... I love all about him and the serie

Noah Czerny Cristina wrote: "He is the most perfect character that I ever read... I love all about him and the serie"

In the last book, especially. Ignite Me is really just a whole nother breed from the rest of the series. So. Many. Tears.

Cristina So True... *.*

Maria Warner wrote: "I think I may have stopped breathing that entire chapter. Tahereh is a goddess.

(Team Jem. Yes.)"

Yes those where my thoughts exactly, I really, really want one last book all about Warner, can you imagine getting to read his POV on Chapter 55?!?!?!?!

Jennifer I know I really want some more scenes in Warner's POV!!!

message 11: by Noah (new) - rated it 5 stars

Noah Czerny Maria wrote: "Warner wrote: "I think I may have stopped breathing that entire chapter. Tahereh is a goddess.

(Team Jem. Yes.)"

Yes those where my thoughts exactly, I really, really want one last book all abou..."

I imagine it would be utterly heart breaking. I don't know if I could survive it.

message 12: by Bess (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bess This book was best than I thought so incredible!!!
Kenji,James,Juliette and Aaron were perfect in this book every single of them was important!!! I never expected that Juliette and Aaron will be so sassy,sexy,heartbreaking!!!!! I love Aaron,and Juliette grown in this book and its bc she her own decision for being in control of her feelings and powers!!!

message 13: by Jade (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jade I think there needs to be more to the book, like another few chapters, or another book, or another novella or something. There just needs to be MORE! But I loved it!

message 14: by Noah (new) - rated it 5 stars

Noah Czerny Jade wrote: "I think there needs to be more to the book, like another few chapters, or another book, or another novella or something. There just needs to be MORE! But I loved it!"

Agreed. Wouldn't it be perfect if there was a sister series written, about them all using their super bad ass super powers to take over the Reestablishment? I just NEED to know what happens.

(view spoiler)

And it wouldn't hurt to get a few more Warnette scenes.

message 15: by Noah (new) - rated it 5 stars

Noah Czerny Brenda wrote: "This book was best than I thought so incredible!!!
Kenji,James,Juliette and Aaron were perfect in this book every single of them was important!!! I never expected that Juliette and Aaron will be so..."

Yes! This book showed the growth of all the characters in it (whether for the good or bad.) And it was absolutely perfect.

And I gotta admit, I even loved Adam in this one.

message 16: by Cindy (new)

Cindy Zuniga (view spoiler)
Ignite Me is making me ship Kenji and Juliette, I'm sorry if you think that is weird because I just feel some sort of spark between them. They just seem so sweet with each other in the third book and I just fangirled for them. Warner and Juliette are meant for each other, yeah, but...I would love Kenji and Juliette to be a couple, even IF you say that they are better off as best friends!
Sorry Adam... I still think you're great.

message 17: by Noah (new) - rated it 5 stars

Noah Czerny Cindy wrote: "
My eyes land on Kenji.
He’s stopped in place, confused and scanning the area, and I’m so happy to see him that I can’t be bothered to care about Warner right now. I’m almost ready to cry. I sque..."

I see it, but you gotta turn your head a certain way, like with a kaleidoscope.

But I actually kind of want a smutty scene between them.

One that Warner would never ever ever ever ever ever find out about. I prefer Kenji's forehead without a bullet hole, thank you very much.

And Kenji is just way too badass to be part of a couple. I dunno. He should just stay alone forever.

*Cough* Well. Until he meets me. *Cough*

But, I swear, if Juliette ever ever even thinks about leaving Warner, she will be rocking another bullet hole.

I'm not kidding.

Jennifer I loved Juliette and Kenji's friendship in Ingnite Me. And how he was even kind enough to ask about Warner and let her talk about her feelings and problems with him even though I'm sure Kenji hates him and doesn't like seeing Adam hurting but he is a good friend to Juliette. OMG I know I don't know what Warner would do if Juliette left him. He would be devastated especially since Juliette promises to always be there for him.

message 19: by Noah (new) - rated it 5 stars

Noah Czerny Jennifer wrote: "I loved Juliette and Kenji's friendship in Ingnite Me. And how he was even kind enough to ask about Warner and let her talk about her feelings and problems with him even though I'm sure Kenji hates..."

I can't even think about it right now. Oh, the pain.

Warner is without a doubt my favorite person ever.

I don't know how I'm going to survive no more of him. D:

message 20: by Cindy (new)

Cindy Zuniga Warner wrote: "Cindy wrote: "
My eyes land on Kenji.
He’s stopped in place, confused and scanning the area, and I’m so happy to see him that I can’t be bothered to care about Warner right now. I’m almost ready ..."

Woah, chill. I said I ship them, I didn't say that Tahereh Mafi shipped them. I was on Team Warner ever since BOOK 1 okay, I still love Warner, but I have lingering feelings that Kenji and Juliette might be a good couple. But What the heck? Warner is too perfectly flawed and lovable that Juliette would have to choose him.
But... does who haven't read it yet shouldn't read on...
(view spoiler)

Jennifer I thought it was interesting that Juliette went with Kenji to kill Anderson. But at the same time I thought it was to show how much Warner believed in her. He knew she could handle it all by herself. Plus I think she didn't want Warner and Adam there maybe. I mean he is evil but he is their father after all and she probably didn't want Anderson to torture them further.

message 22: by Cindy (new)

Cindy Zuniga Jennifer wrote: "I thought it was interesting that Juliette went with Kenji to kill Anderson. But at the same time I thought it was to show how much Warner believed in her. He knew she could handle it all by herself..."

Maybe, but I was hoping for a father-son confrontation. Maybe Anderson had a heart, the form of a tiny dried up piece of rotting coal covered in thorns, but still a heart. I just wanted them to fix their problems, not like his dad died and his sons don't even care. James never met him either and that's just sad... he wouldn't have been scarred for life, maybe Anderson will like James.
Inner Mind: You do know that you're lying to yourself, right?
Me: I know...

message 23: by Jennifer (last edited Feb 09, 2014 01:16AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jennifer Yeah no I don't think Anderson could ever be redeemed or would even care to meet James. I mean it would have been nice but he was evil.

message 24: by Cindy (new)

Cindy Zuniga Jennifer wrote: "Yeah no I don't think Anderson could ever be redeemed or would even care to meet James. I mean it would have been nice but he was evil."

I know that... but I wanted Warner to be the one to kill him because he's the reason why Warner's mom got drugged. Why did his name have to be something beautiful like (view spoiler)?

Kaka_shi Hmmm.... Did it Shit on my Heart in the best kind of way?? Hell yea it did!! Hello... one minute its all i heart Adam next minute i heart Aaron OMG! For me the one consistent (fyi 'Spoiler alert' coming) was i totally heart Kenji it's like biological an shit lmao i mean come on. When he say's that and continues with.

"Maybe your lady bits are scientifically confused"
Bhahaha!! Rolf

message 26: by Abby (new) - rated it 4 stars

Abby I am just SOOOO sad that its done!!!

Jennifer I am so sad it is over too! I read chapters 55-58 every night! LOL I just love when Juliette and Warner finally get together. I wish we got an awkward scene of Warner and Adam hanging out trying to get to know each other. I need more!

message 28: by Aly (new) - rated it 3 stars

Aly (In Wonderland) I absolutely loved it and am so sad it's over, but did others feel like it posed a lot more questions that will never be answered?

Seriously, what happens next? Do Juliette and Warner manage to overthrow the Reestablishment and build a new world? I'm so confused because it left us on a pretty big cliffhanger.

Aneeqa I just finished the series, and I'm still reeling from all the feels! It was so friggin awesome, Tahereh Mafi nailed it! And since I;m team Warner, yayyyyyyy forme! :D

Ilana i think that Kenji continues to steal the show in these books - he's the greatest secondary character and exactly what was needed amidst everything that they were going through.

I also continue to heart J and Warner, the question though is why there Tehereh Mafi end the story like she did? It's claiming to be a trilogy but the ending is so open...kind of like what we had with Requiem - you don't know where the story's going and while you're happy - you're looking for more.

Cristina I had the same impression...the ending is open...

Leahxx I am not even ashamed to say that I hate this book. It was shit haha sorry, but that's my opinion. I wrote a review on it and it says everything I have to say about that book and I won't rewrite it here because it's a huge rant haha. But basically, I hated this book. A lot. It was just ugh, my heart broke into a million pieces reading this book

Jennifer The ending was sort of open but then again sort of not. I guess with Anderson dead we assume that Juliette will take down the reestablishment and rebuild the world. Although Warner says more may try to stop them but Juliette says she can't wait to see them try. They are an unstoppable couple so I'm sure they will rebuild but it will take awhile. I just wanted to see more of Warner with Adam and James and more Warner with Juliette and just more Warner in general ;-)

Sarah Without a doubt. There are some questions that were not answered, but I kind of liked it because in real life, you don't always get the answers to all of your questions either, and I think Tahereh did a great job reflecting that. I'm sad that it's over, but overall, I am happy with how it ended.

message 35: by Nikita (last edited Feb 14, 2014 05:52PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nikita This book ripped my heart out. At times I was happy, sad, angry and laughing out loud. Mafi did a great job of wrapig up the series. I loved the book very much. I was so happy for Warner in this book, he was truly and finally happy. Being a fan of Waner since Shatter Me (I did not care if he was wicked, I loved him then too) I was glad to see him finally get Juliette.

Nikita Jennifer wrote: "The ending was sort of open but then again sort of not. I guess with Anderson dead we assume that Juliette will take down the reestablishment and rebuild the world. Although Warner says more may tr..."

Me too I did wanted to see the Anderson brothes together. I loved how Adam was the big guy and accepted Adam as brother. And James and Warner's converstions would have been so much fun.

Aneeqa Ilana wrote: "i think that Kenji continues to steal the show in these books - he's the greatest secondary character and exactly what was needed amidst everything that they were going through.

I also continue t..."

I agree, as well. Kenji was a very strong and a much needed character in all the serious situations. His character was so refreshing, if you know what I mean.

And yes, the ending WAS kinda abrupt, but at least the author showed that Julliette and her team won, which wasn't shown in Requiem.

message 38: by Tanvira (last edited Feb 17, 2014 06:24AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tanvira Nikki wrote: "Jennifer wrote: "The ending was sort of open but then again sort of not. I guess with Anderson dead we assume that Juliette will take down the reestablishment and rebuild the world. Although Warner..."

I don't really have anything to say except I thought the finale was fan-freaking-tastic and I will mourn them forever but, I must point out. In your comment, Nikki, you wrote, "I loved how Adam was the big guy and accepted Adam as brother."

Eh. I doubt Adam can accept himself as his own brother. Also I know it was on accident, it just bothers me so I pointed it out. :)

Katheryn Warner wrote: "Cristina wrote: "I'm so sad, too. is it really the end? I want a novella after the end from Aaron PoV.... Is there some possibility?
P.S. I loved ch. 55 and ch.58 OMG!!!!"

That would be so wonderf..."

Same. I keep thinking about him and Juliette...and weirdly chapter 58. lol omg my brain is fried!

Lve2read I LOVED this book SOOO much that i had no idea what to read after it, coz i knew nothing would be as good as warner!! i would look at a book and couldn't bring myself to read it....Ohh i wish there was another book, and yes i went total NUTS!! when i read chapter 55 & 58, I was squeling with joy, and i nearly cried when Juliette finally told Warner how she feels, I reread that part just to make sure i knew that was actually happening :D